Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 16: Colts @ Steelers, 12/27/20 at 1:00PM EST

NFLfan

19 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Can’t wait to get blasted for curling up into a ball on CBS prime slot. So tired of this. Someone needs to be held accountable for this loss; really hinging on wanting to find an Eberflus replacement

Gotta say the offensive play calling in the 2nd half was atrocious as well....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

With all those talented rosters in San Diego, you see why No Super Bowls..... Phillip Rivers can't get it done when it matters most.

We're outside looking in and our playoff Hope's rely on the buffalo bills.

actually since the jets just won, if the steelers beat the browns next week and we win, we take their spot

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

Looks like Cleveland loses. Not sure what that does for us.

Means if the Colts win next week they need a phish, Ravens, or Brows loss to get in.  Miami goes to Pittsburgh and Cleveland plays these Steelers so there is so it gives them more chances.  Colts could also get in by winning the south by winning next week and the Titans losing their last two and they have the Packers and Texans to close.  

• Like 1

The only solace is that the Browns choked today. So if we gave Big Bennie Hanna his mojo back, the god dang stupid Steelers should win next week against the Browns, which would put them at 10-6. 

We absolutely have to beat the Jaguars. And I mean beat them. We should be * off by this game. 

Coaching staff should be forced to walk back to Indianapolis tonight.

after opening drive in 2nd half - we did nothing. We had no pass rush. Did not get turnovers. Other than goal line stand our offense fell apart and Big Ben got hot. Terrible 2nd half of playing. not having Smith and AC really compromised our offense. Rivers was rushed on pick and last pass attempt to Pascal. Running game all but disappeared in 2nd half after opening drive.

Just now, JlynRN said:

Obvious PI on TY, not called of course. We breathe on the steelers players, we get flagged. Pathetic.  

Hilton ran into the db on that route.  People want ro whine bout the PI's but the D gave up 17 straight points. However, remeber the D is top 5. I never drank the cool laid

Just now, yankeeclipper said:

after opening drive in 2nd half - we did nothing. We had no pass rush. Did not get turnovers. Other than goal line stand our offense fell apart and Big Ben got hot. Terrible 2nd half of playing. not having Smith and AC really compromised our offense. Rivers was rushed on pick and last pass attempt to Pascal. Running game all but disappeared in 2nd half after opening drive.

Yes and they just gave up on the running game for no reason.  Why they were determined to have Rivers stand back there and throw deep so much with both tackles out is behind me.  I am really disappointed with the second half attack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This loss confirms that we are still at least 2-3 years away from being a contender. We need to find a franchise QB (nothing against Rivers), an LT, OL depth, a CB, and maybe a WR. I’m seriously questioning Eberflus right now too.

Also, please eject Rock from this team. Yes he makes splash plays occasionally, but he gets burnt way too much.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Hilton ran into the db on that route.  People want ro whine bout the PI's but the D gave up 17 straight points. However, remeber the D is top 5. I never drank the cool laid

7 of those points was a nonsense pi not called when rock would have had a pick but claypool committed offensive pi with no call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Congrats to Jim Nance, Tony Romo, the refs and the league!

Yeah they love it, pathetic. Why I put my time and heart into this stuff makes me wonder. Not worth my health anymore. TY was even interfered with on that deep pass as well but no call. Old and stale, so @Moosejawcolt and @Chloe6124 who wasn't around all game until we fell behind can rip us apart. I am taking a break from the forum because we got screwed big time and was clearly the better team most of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DontEverGiveUp said:

If the refs called PI on the Steelers like they should have, this game ends differently.  Numerous times TY was tackled and grabbed before the ball got there.

Yet Kenny Moore doesn’t touch a guy on a tipped pass and that flag comes out.  Alex Kemp is a complete joke and should be fired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

7 of those points was a nonsense pi not called when rock would have had a pick but claypool committed offensive pi with no call.

Take the supposed no call penalties out of the game. U happy with the way this defence has been constructed?  I have said since its inception. I hate it

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Take the supposed no call penalties out of the game. U happy with the way this defence has been constructed?  I have said since its inception. I hate it

I love our D talent, and I love the attitude the D has with hustling and forcing turnovers. However, Eberflus either starts games flat or doesn’t make adjustments, which always costs us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Means if the Colts win next week they need a phish, Ravens, or Brows loss to get in.  Miami goes to Pittsburgh and Cleveland plays these Steelers so there is so it gives them more chances.  Colts could also get in by winning the south by winning next week and the Titans losing their last two and they have the Packers and Texans to close.  

I like these odds - as long as we handle our business, we still get into the playoffs as long as Pittsburgh beats the Browns or Buffalo beats Miami, and even if none of that happens, we still win the AFC South if Houston beats Tennessee (as long as the Titans lose to the Packers tonite).

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

I like these odds - as long as we handle our business, we still get into the playoffs as long as Pittsburgh beats the Browns or Buffalo beats Miami, and even if none of that happens, we still win the AFC South if Houston beats Tennessee (as long as the Titans lose to the Packers tonite).

Yeah the Playoffs are very much still alive despite what some will say.  Doesn’t make today any less frustrating but that’s the silver lining.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they love it, pathetic. Why I put my time and heart into this stuff makes me wonder. Not worth my health anymore. TY was even interfered with on that deep pass as well but no call. Old and stale, so @Moosejawcolt and @Chloe6124 who wasn't around all game until we fell behind can rip us apart. I am taking a break from the forum because we got screwed big time and was clearly the better team most of the game.

Would u like a break down of my aft? I live in Canada. The game was actually on tv so I went to the gym.  I was able to work out and enjoy the game. I got home and finished watching the game and did some laundry. Really unable to have the time to go on the forum. However, now I am free...lol