Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals @ Colts Game Day Thread, October 18, 2020, 1:00pm ET

NFLfan

28 minutes ago, Dasteez said:

Well that’s the predictable thing to do, so reich trying to buck that and take the risky route on the hot hand. Rivers has got to play better in the 4th. You don’t make that throw 

Thats just out smarting yourself. Great teams eat clock, even when passing.  We weren't even doing that.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

A win is a win.

A lot of things went against us early in the game.

We battled back and came away with a a great win.

Yep wins always feel better.  Need to figure out what’s going on with their defensive slumps to start games.  Gotta figure out what’s up with the lines too.  Still great to see Rivers come through today.

• Like 1

C/ATT    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    SACKS    RTG
Joe Burrow    25/39      313    8.0         0    1        2-13     78.3

Indianapolis Passing
                      C/ATT    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    SACKS    RTG
Philip Rivers    29/44    371    8.4       3      1         1-0    105.4

• Like 2

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

Thats just out smarting yourself. Great teams eat clock, even when passing.  We weren't even doing that.

That’s fair don’t get me wrong I’m on the same page. I’d take the safer route myself and run the ball. Maybe PA, screen, or short pass to switch it up. QB has got to know that where you’re at in the game a sack or throwing it away is astronomically better than a risky intermediate route. But we come away with the W, so all’s well that ends well I guess. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yep wins always feel better.  Need to figure out what’s going on with their defensive slumps to start games.  Gotta figure out what’s up with the lines too.  Still great to see Rivers come through today.

It was - good thing his pick didn't really cost us anything but time but he did a few things today that alot folks said he couldn't anymore: threw downfield with zip & accuracy, brought the team back from more than 2 scores down, directed yet another 4th Quarter comeback to win and he once again has more TD passes than interceptions, even with his late pick. 

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

It was - good thing his pick didn't really cost us anything but time but he did a few things today that alot folks said he couldn't anymore: threw downfield with zip & accuracy, brought the team back from more than 2 scores down, directed yet another 4th Quarter comeback to win and he once again has more TD passes than interceptions, even with his late pick. 

Him and Johnson have chemistry.  I don’t think anyone else on offense besides Campbell had that with him.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Him and Johnson have chemistry.  I don’t think anyone else on offense besides Campbell had that with him.

Mo Alie-Cox did, can't wait to have him back. Another thing accomplished that people said couldn't be done: we won even though Philip had 40+ passing attempts.

It’s a statement game for Rivers. I can still win a game with my arm when we’re down big. I think it’s big for his confidence. Also showing some rhythm and chemistry with WRs now.

One thing that stands out to me: Hilton’s play. Definitely diminished. He had a big TD get called back for a nonsense call by the refs, but aside from that he’s been pretty invisible; you might even say GHOSTly. 

8 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

OK, everyone.  I apologize to forum members and the team for all my negativity earlier.:shout:

You're not even close to the biggest Debbie Downer here. We have a couple posters who can't help them selves here & in Chat week in & week out,  They pop in when we are stinkin up the place just to tell us how much we suck. Then when the team starts to turn things around they are nowhere to be found. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

You're not even close to the biggest Debbie Downer here. We have a couple posters who can't help them selves here & in Chat week in & week out,  They pop in when we are stinkin up the place just to tell us how much we suck. Then when the team starts to turn things around they are nowhere to be found. 

I have a special room for them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Texans go for 2 up 7 & squader the game. We’re gonna have to pry this division from the Titans cold dead hands. They’re on a charmed run. 

I was hoping the Titans would lose, but I do like the fact that the Texans are just a couple of losses from, basically, being eliminated.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I was hoping the Titans would lose, but I do like the fact that the Texans are just a couple of losses from, basically, being eliminated.

My feelings as well.

We can take care of Titans ourselves.

4 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Wonder where we use Harris, he can play slot wr as well as halfback, we may see him in both spots a bit today. I agree Taylor has a big day, Burton may as well.

Harris played well 3 for 3 on targets 29 yards in debut I hope we see a lot more of him, Taylor had a solid day 5 yards per carry, found holes and ran people over was 4 for 4 on targets 115 yards from scrimmage...Burton 59 yards from scrimmage and 2 tds if he can stay healthy once MAC comes back nice we are sitting pretty at TE.