Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I was kind of thinking Swift & Claypool or possibly even Pittman later but then I read some guys write up on receivers and he had some numbers (percentage of the team’s passing offense, immediate production while young  & then growth over their playing years) & he had Pittman & many others like Aiyuk rated much higher than a guy like Claypool, who it took longer to hit those metrics.

I really liked Pittman playing early, or more ready now at pure X. I think he has lower long term upside deep. But I'm very happy to have him regardless. He should be a boss out of the gate. He's going to be good on the sideline opposite Z. He could be deadly on back shoulder and comebacks. The reason I like Claypool is because of the speed. I think he'll potentially be better long term deep. Both are good at 50/50, but Claypool is likely going to get better separation. 

I love Aiyuk too. But he's a different type of receiver. He'd be simply awesome as a traditional slot IMO. If their plan is to move PC outside, I would have loved Aiyuk. I watch the Crazy Herms a lot last year, and he was one of my favs.

But yes, I'd rather have Swift + Claypool than Pittman + Taylor.

14 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

And then maybe he only hit them once as compared to guys with consistent production like Pittman, Lamb, & Jeudy.  So he was saying Claypool had more bust potential & like you said Pittman more immediate of an impact.  You think Claypool will be better long term?  They said he was a tremendous hooper too coming out of high school.  With his speed...  He could be something truly special. 

Claypool is going to be a good X regardless IMO. Might be a tad under Pittman if he doesn't develop, but I think he'll develop. He's still somewhat new to football. He's got untapped potential IMO. I'm a ND homer, so take it with a grain of salt.

18 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

what picks you guys thinking day 3?

I think Collin Johnson out of Texas could be there as another big target for Rivers.  That would be the WR double up I wanted of Pittman & Claypool or Mims in Rd 2. 

2 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

what picks you guys thinking day 3?

I gotta admit the Blackmon pick was a bit of a head-scratcher for me, especially with both Zuniga and Gallimore still sitting there at #75, and Elliott even at #85--IMO the Colts' DL needs even more of a talent infusion than just Buckner and Day.

Guess I'll have to hope now that Houston can, at his age, have another really good season and/or that Banogu really blossoms in 2020. And that Day can contribute significantly in addition to Buckner.

And also hope that maybe someone like Wonnum or Robinson, or Lawrence or Fotu, will still be there at either #122 or #149.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What happened to Trautman? So many TEs drafted ahead of him

He's a small school TE, and some top graded TEs are still not taken yet. Belichick took two TEs, none of them are graded in top 5 by experts like Daniel Jeremiah but both have some potential.

This draft has so much talent that each team has completely different set of boards and they pick the best player they like for their fit and upside. I think it's not on the players if they're not taken earlier. 

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I kinda agree that if they planned on taking a RB early, I would have taken Swift at 34, and Claypool later. Hindsight though... 

A third year is far out to predict. Hope you are right. Mack was set back in terms of catching with Brissett. Everyone was. 

And I really don't know if 3 down will make that much difference if they truly want to get Hines on the field more. He did great in 2018, because we were more balanced. I think we'll see more Hines this year, so that'll cut into 3rd down snaps. Maybe more. Hines needs the ball. 

NVM, 

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

So Steelers have bad backup QB and a ageing Big Ben and still pass on Eason. That kid has so much talent. 

You might believe that regarding Eason, however no TEAMS do. I'm not sure why some fans here can't see the writing. These QB's... Eason, Fromm, Gordon, Morgan, etc.. They are camp arm projects and I for one am glad " To This Point" the Colts haven't wasted a pick on one of these guys. If the Patriots and Steelers and Saints and Lions as an example who could seriously use a QB as they have aging one already or uncertainty at the position, have not pulled the trigger on one of these "Talented" guys as you call it, then that should spell it out for you. They are not what you believe them to be. From the Colts perspective, NO QB this year.

Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri

Has he been drafted? He was 39th on Gil Brandt's top 150 players. 

Brandt had the Colts' selection at running back as the #24th best player and #1 RB on his board.

RANK

Jonathan Taylor, RB

School: Wisconsin | Year: Junior
Measurables: 5-foot-10 1/4, 226 pounds, 4.39 40, 7.01 three-cone, 4.24 short shuttle, 17 lifts.

In 41 games (40 starts), Taylor logged 926 carries for 6,174 yards (6.7 per carry). He also posted 3.93 yards after contact per carry in 2019 and 219 career missed tackles, and he's learning to catch better. The big knock on him is the relatively high fumbled total (19 in 926 carries). He will be OK, he just has to correct that fumbling issue. Taylor never missed a game with injury.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

You might believe that regarding Eason, however no TEAMS do. I'm not sure why some fans here can't see the writing. These QB's... Eason, Fromm, Gordon, Morgan, etc.. They are camp arm projects and I for one am glad " To This Point" the Colts haven't wasted a pick on one of these guys. If the Patriots and Steelers and Saints and Lions as an example who could seriously use a QB as they have aging one already or uncertainty at the position, have not pulled the trigger on one of these "Talented" guys as you call it, then that should spell it out for you. They are not what you believe them to be. From the Colts perspective, NO QB this year.

Eason has a ton of talent but clearly the work ethic questions must of been true. He must of not been good on intreviews either. Which was the rumor a couple months ago. He has all the talent in the world but clearly doesn’t have what it takes above the shoulders. You can’t watch videos of him and say he has no talent. It’s what is above the shoulders. 

43 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eason has a ton of talent but clearly the work ethic questions must of been true. He must of not been good on intreviews either. Which was the rumor a couple months ago. He has all the talent in the world but clearly doesn’t have what it takes above the shoulders. You can’t watch videos of him and say he has no talent. It’s what is above the shoulders. 

That and he absolutely crumbles when pressured. That's not necessarily something you can coach out of someone easily.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ugh, I've been watching ABC so I wouldn't have to listen to Mel Kiper, but now ABC is using the same crew as ESPN and NFLN instead of the College Gameday crew they've been using the last two days...

:wall:

It'll be 80% Trey Wingo.  You'll be ok.

4 hours ago, Indeee said:

camp arms is a little harsh.

SOME of these guys get pushed down and surprise. Two I can think of without thinking --- Russell Wilson gets picked in the third; Kirk Cousins, i think, was drafted in the fourth.

guys get pushed down for all kinds of reasons.

we'll see how they turn out. still like eason and fromm. 

and gordon

18 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ugh, I've been watching ABC so I wouldn't have to listen to Mel Kiper, but now ABC is using the same crew as ESPN and NFLN instead of the College Gameday crew they've been using the last two days...

:wall:

Lol, yeah not a big fan of listening to Kiper talk, but I really like the NFLN crew.

Archived