Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st Team All America at FS this past season with 2 years of experience at CB as well with good ball skills. This is a great pick in the 3rd Round. 

Could play FS or could be moved back to CB or is just a moveable chess piece.....

Outside of Pittman being NEEDED at the X position......every pick in this draft is to build short term depth and long term starters.....

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Its more like CB having vision for the future.

I dont think Ballard will pay Hooker his $10m+

OR Mack $8-$10m

No one is forcing them out the door yet, preparing for their exit.

They could be traded still.

I just think Ballard will never pay a Safety or RB those kind of cap hits. 

2021 RB UFA

Derrick Henry

Kenyan Drake

Fournette

Gurley

Tevin Coleman

James White

Kareem Hunt

Matt Breida

There is no way Mack gets 8M per year, when only 7 RB do now. 6-7M at best. But I think he'll leave to start somewhere rather than split carries.

I can see Hooker getting over paid, next to no free agents next year.

Usually can get back if it's a quick recovery in 6-8 months. Can take up to 12. For normal people, not athletes who work out or have top notch medical trainers, some don't feel "normal" for 18-24 months. I completely tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus in August and I was just released to run, with no pivoting or explosive training. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He tore it in Dec. So he may or may not miss time.

Recovery from ACL takes a year. A lot of athletes around the league like Dalvin Cook, Jake Ryan have had their next season also impacted with hamstring injuries followed by ACL recovery. 

If he injured in last December, it's best to red-shirt him and get healthy rather than pushing him to early play in this season.

I think only a freak like Adrian Peterson beat ACL recovery timeline and played well next season, but he also went through impact from injury for a while after that.

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Recovery from ACL takes a year. A lot of athletes around the league like Dalvin Cook, Jake Ryan have had their next season also impacted with hamstring injuries followed by ACL recovery. 

If he injured in last December, it's best to red-shirt him and get healthy rather than pushing him to early play in this season.

I think only a freak like Adrian Peterson beat ACL recovery timeline and played well next season, but he also went through impact from injury for a while after that.

Takes 6-9 months

Texans just took one of my favorite players. Jonathan Greenard is one of "my guys" in this draft. I had him as an early second round grade.

Good power, length necessary to shed blockers and make tackles at the LOS, developing pass rush moves, more speed off the edge than given credit for. I really like his overall game.

Not happy that the Jags and Texans are upgrading their pass rush significantly. I still think we need one more guy on our defensive line unless Banogu takes a second year jump.

Did not expect Devin Asiasi to go this early. I really like Asiasi, but I had a good amount of tight ends ranked higher. Brycen Hopkins, Adam Trautman, and Hunter Bryant specifically.

Didn't think he'd be a day 2 pick, but he fits what the Pats are looking for.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I think he's going to be farther along in his well roundedness after his third year than Mack is.  I would have preferred Swift at 41, but he was taken about three minutes after we took Pittman.

The offense needs a RB who can stay in the game all three plays, otherwise the D can eliminate certain plays from being run just by the personnel swap.  He might not do that in his rookie year, but by year two he should be in there most of the time.

I think he's been durable despite the mileage.  I don't like RBs this high either, but the 3 down every play types cost a price.  

I kinda agree that if they planned on taking a RB early, I would have taken Swift at 34, and Claypool later. Hindsight though... 

A third year is far out to predict. Hope you are right. Mack was set back in terms of catching with Brissett. Everyone was. 

And I really don't know if 3 down will make that much difference if they truly want to get Hines on the field more. He did great in 2018, because we were more balanced. I think we'll see more Hines this year, so that'll cut into 3rd down snaps. Maybe more. Hines needs the ball. 

2 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Sure Ballard knew if he needed to trade up to secure him. He probably gets more info than us. It’s a 5th rounder to get a guy you want. Not a lot given up.  IMO a RB was needed. Mack gets banged up and a FA next year. Why not get what Ballard probably had as the highest rated. 

Even our 3rd string had a 100 a few times with Mack injured. Our OL makes it happen. 

I'm sure Ballard had more info, and more feel... I just in general don't like a RB early. Never will unless their more well rounded. I'm happy CB got what he wanted. Like I said, I'll get over it. I'm already over it. lol. I'll be cheering for him hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya but I believe the problem can be fixed he has broke a lot of tackles he isn't really easy to bring down either.

You can say that about a lot of guys though that will go in the first 4 rounds. I'm a fan now. He's BLUE. Time will tell, but I hope he turns out to be a baller.

15 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

By the end of today, Goodell will be reading the picks from his bed

Pick 69 standing up.

Pick 70 sitting on edge of chair.

Pick 88 sitting right back into his chair.

Pick 95 feet up on the footrest.

Guessing pick 105 wearing monty burns pyjamas including night cap.

Guessing final round 3 pick lying in bed reads the pick then blows out a candle.....

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I hope Goodell has help tomorrow. It’s a long day lol. I have enjoyed this draft so much. So much better then listening to people screaming and you can’t hear the analysts.

Usually is everybody at the table talking over each other, with Mel Kiper just sitting there, not being able to get a word in edgewise.  Now, it's just Trey Wingo talking and talking and talking and talking...

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I hope Goodell has help tomorrow. It’s a long day lol. I have enjoyed this draft so much. So much better then listening to people screaming and you can’t hear the analysts.

I'm just happy for a little football action. I had a little virtual get-together tonight, and it was such a nice change for everyone in this time. Goody can handle it. I'm sure he wants to be the face. I'd be happy to Peyton take over for him though.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I kinda agree that if they planned on taking a RB early, I would have taken Swift at 34, and Claypool later. Hindsight though... 

A third year is far out to predict. Hope you are right. Mack was set back in terms of catching with Brissett. Everyone was. 

And I really don't know if 3 down will make that much difference if they truly want to get Hines on the field more. He did great in 2018, because we were more balanced. I think we'll see more Hines this year, so that'll cut into 3rd down snaps. Maybe more. Hines needs the ball. 

I was kind of thinking Swift & Claypool or possibly even Pittman later but then I read some guys write up on receivers and he had some numbers (percentage of the team’s passing offense, immediate production while young  & then growth over their playing years) & he had Pittman & many others like Aiyuk rated much higher than a guy like Claypool, who it took longer to hit those metrics.  

And then maybe he only hit them once as compared to guys with consistent production like Pittman, Lamb, & Jeudy.  So he was saying Claypool had more bust potential & like you said Pittman more immediate of an impact.  You think Claypool will be better long term?  They said he was a tremendous hooper too coming out of high school.  With his speed...  He could be something truly special. 

Archived