Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wow what just happened. This guy is a project but getting him in the 4th is a steal. 

Ballard said last night when’ve asked about a WB we just aren’t there yet. Lol he new this was going to happen. 

Not so sure about that.  It took a while for him to get the pick in.  Could have been fielding calls or maybe he was talking it over with his guys if they really wanted him.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Chad Kelly was fun to watch in camp, but I think it’s a no brainer to have Eason take his place. Young guy with talent, and Chad Kelly has already screwed up his chance at becoming a every week starter IMO.

Colts should be a beast in the preseason.  Every QB we put out there should be able to move the football.  lol 

Just now, shastamasta said:

I think I like Morgan better...but both are massive projects...so expectations should be tempered anyways. Having a cheap backup QB is a good thing though.

Eason is a much better player and much better prospect. No contest really, IMO. The worries with Eason it seems are mainly about attitude/work ethic....

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We took Eason for one reason, so Ballard could make people angry and complain :funny:.

Actually the kid has a great strong arm and is tall. I am ok with it. Jacoby will be gone now IMO.

We will see about Jacoby.  I still think he is kept as the reliable back up behind Rivers.  Remember the Colts are going all in this season.  If anything could be bad for Kelly.  If Jacoby leaves, I think it will be next season pending how things shake out at QB.  Good problem to have. 

9 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Chad Kelly was fun to watch in camp, but I think it’s a no brainer to have Eason take his place. Young guy with talent, and Chad Kelly has already screwed up his chance at becoming a every week starter IMO.

How did Kelly screw up? Since he was with the Colts or his issues before?

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

We will see about Jacoby.  I still think he is kept as the reliable back up behind Rivers.  Remember the Colts are going all in this season.  If anything could be bad for Kelly.  If Jacoby leaves, I think it will be next season pending how things shake out at QB.  Good problem to have. 

I can't see us keeping 3 active QB's on the roster, can you?

Yeah, I like Kelly much better than Eason, which is why I’m a little upset with this pick...

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we almost certainly keep three now...

Just now, NM_Colts said:

How did Kelly screw up? Since he was with the Colts or his issues before?

His myriad of issues before. I don’t think he’s done anything wrong since being a Colt. 
But that’s business. He’s a proven knucklehead.

5 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Going to be funny when Chad Kelly out plays him throughout preseason and camp (assuming they are not cancelled).

This won't be surprising. Player with 3+ years of NFL coaching and experience in the league should be expected to be better than a non-premier rookie QB taken in the 4th round.

This pick is NOT about this year. This is about taking a shot on a talent with high end arm talent and see if he's coachable and if he has the mental processing and drive to improve and succeed in the league in the future.

Well, for good or for bad, this will be looked back on as a consequential pick for CB.  This is his first QB pick.  This will be remembered.

What does he want?  "Chunk plays" and "measurables".  This guy is gonna launch it to Parris Campbell, running free beyond the defense.  At least, that's the vision.

2 minutes ago, CamMo said:

His myriad of issues before. I don’t think he’s done anything wrong since being a Colt. 
But that’s business. He’s a proven knucklehead.

This situation makes me wonder what Colts staff thinks about/sees in Kelly. They saw him every day but then make this move.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Will probably keep 2 with one on practice squad.  It's going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.  Eason has to earn his place...a 4th round pick has no guarantees.  That's understood.  

3 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Does this count as "forcing" it as Ballard said, multiple time, we would not do?

How is that "forcing" it? Getting a high end arm talent QB with high end pedigree in the 4th round? FOURTH round? This is a good flyer to take. Much worse QBs go in the 4th round every year.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Does this count as "forcing" it as Ballard said, multiple time, we would not do?

Not if they had a 2nd round grade...which I predict will be leaked later today. 

But everyone likes to think Ballard won’t do this or that...and then he does. I love how his approach has evolved.

going to be a fun argument over who gets cut between Chad and Jacoby

i think its Jacboy he makes way too much, Chads contract is trivial

i dont think chads past is relevant now, he would not still be here if that was a problem 

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think chads past is relevant now, he would not still be here if that was a problem 

Jacoby might get traded by the end of the draft... 

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Confirmed teams were worried about character and work ethic. Rivers is the perfect mentor. He will either learn to be a pro or will be a backup.

Rivers is definitely a Pro's pro. He can teach Eason a lot. One thing I like about Eason is his dad played in the NFL as well. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

How is that "forcing" it? Getting a high end arm talent QB with high end pedigree in the 4th round? FOURTH round? This is a good flyer to take. Much worse QBs go in the 4th round every year.

That's fair, I just do not like him. Feels like we are collecting mediocre QBs (after Rivers).

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

If PR was 30 that would be perfect but he is 38 and I would prefer his backup be someone with actual NFL experience before a rookie or a Journeyman Vet on his second team with no significant NFL experience 

23 minutes ago, stitches said:

Eason is a much better player and much better prospect. No contest really, IMO. The worries with Eason it seems are mainly about attitude/work ethic....

Right...I just liked Morgan better. Eason has tons of talent. 

Archived