Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we get some good time in for any camp this year.  Eason needs all the learning time he can get.  Kelly has the leg up on him if there is a short camp.  That will come into the caching staffs thoughts on who stays.  I still think CK is odd man out, but we shall see.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I hope we get some good time in for any camp this year.  Eason needs all the learning time he can get.  Kelly has the leg up on him if there is a short camp.  That will come into the caching staffs thoughts on who stays.  I still think CK is odd man out, but we shall see.

If we’re not going to give CK a chance, just let him go, best for both parties instead of being in no man’s land and wasting a QB roster spot.

Still a few guys I like still available, but at this point it's doubtful we take anyone we like specifically. It'll probably be someone random. I'd be down with Donovan PJ or John Hightower with one of the picks though. And then secondary or more o-line depth for the other. But either way it'll probably just be who was next highest on the board.

“Party At The Moon Tower

@AM_Colts

So essentially Chris Ballard traded 2018 RD1 P3 (Sam Darnold) 2019 RD1 P26 (Montez Sweat) For Quenton Nelson Braden Smith Kemoko Turay Jordan Wilkins Rock Ya-Sin Ben Banogu Marvell Tell III Michael Pittman Jr”

(sorry, don’t know how to imbed tweets :D)

That is some SERIOUS value there.  Remains to be seen if they all/mostly pan out, but Ballard is getting good mileage out of his trades 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we’re not going to give CK a chance, just let him go, best for both parties instead of being in no man’s land and wasting a QB roster spot.

CK is not going anywhere. He is the backup. Eason is the developmental guy.

3 QBs will  be on the new roster of 55.

Brissett is gone, one way or another, traded or released.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Don’t disagree.  I still wonder if Frank is just holding onto him so he can *satisfy* his buddy Jim Kelly that he really tried to give him a chance?

I am in no way a CK fanatic, but really wonder how he would do against 1st stringers?  

1 minute ago, CanuckColt said:

CK is not going anywhere. He is the backup. Eason is the developmental guy.

3 QBs will  be on the new roster of 55.

Brissett is gone, one way or another, traded or released.

We probably end up with about 12 plus million in dead cap space from Brissett, Luck and Hoyer if I’m not mistaken if we release JB.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

“Party At The Moon Tower

@AM_Colts

So essentially Chris Ballard traded 2018 RD1 P3 (Sam Darnold) 2019 RD1 P26 (Montez Sweat) For Quenton Nelson Braden Smith Kemoko Turay Jordan Wilkins Rock Ya-Sin Ben Banogu Marvell Tell III Michael Pittman Jr”

(sorry, don’t know how to imbed tweets :D)

That is some SERIOUS value there.  Remains to be seen if they all/mostly pan out, but Ballard is getting good mileage out of his trades 

IMO The only pick that has been nullified is Wilkins 

I was high on both UVA guys Hall and Joe Reed, Weaver and Collin Johnson

At this point, guys I like for Colts in no particular order:

DE - Jonathan Garvin (Miami), Anea

DT Murchison

A bunch of WRs - Hightower, DP Jones, Proche, Watkins, Coulter, Cephus, plus more

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Tyler Johnson and Kindle Vildor gone too... damn... 

Colts GMs rarely choose fan favorites while Ozzie, DeCosta, and now Vikings GM choose fan favorites. Even Raiders do so while playing Madden.

Just now, Zoltan said:

I think we will carry 3 QBs this season.  Rivers, Brissett, and Eason. Kelly will be practice squad if he isn’t picked up on waiver wire

We could get rid of Brissett if we really like what we see with Kelly.  He’s been in the league for three years, he could be a primary backup...

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

We could get rid of Brissett if we really like what we see with Kelly.  He’s been in the league for three years, he could be a primary backup...

I think Brissett will be backup because he is considered one of the locker room guys and will be more beneficial to have for Eason to learn from then Kelly

Archived