Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What pick did you hate the most?

I am excluding the first round picks but what pick made you furious when it happened? This is regardless what they did with their careers so many of you should be raising your hand for the Darius Leonard pick. This can be at any point in the past 20 years but 1 still really stand out to me.

Mine was the 2016 draft both Nick Martin and Cody Whitehair were sitting there for the taking and we traded back with the packers and Whitehair was taken the pick right before us and we selected T.J Green. I remember screaming obscenities at the T.V and I was furious.

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Probably the Philip Dorsett pick for me. 

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Most of y'all should say the Quenton Nelson pick. I know there was lots of hate on that pick and laughing well who is laughing now?

Im excluding 1st round picks, but yes i threw my hate down on the ground the the local Bdubs when that one came in.

Including the first round, mine was easily Dorsett.  Remember watching that at a bar with my wife and some friends (I was the only Colts fan) and I let loose a steady stream of obscenities.  Landon Collins or Malcolm Brown on the board I thought were no brainers.

Outside of the first was in that same draft, actually.  I hadn't heard of D'Joun Smith before they announced his name on TV.  (I was less into the whole draft process than I am now)

Banogu was a head scratcher for me as well.  I heard the rumblings beforehand that we were really high on him, but still think that was early.  Wasn't mad about it, but I wasn't thrilled.

2 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Including the first round, mine was easily Dorsett.  Remember watching that at a bar with my wife and some friends (I was the only Colts fan) and I let loose a steady stream of obscenities.  Landon Collins or Malcolm Brown on the board I thought were no brainers.

Outside of the first was in that same draft, actually.  I hadn't heard of D'Joun Smith before they announced his name on TV.  (I was less into the whole draft process than I am now)

Banogu was a head scratcher for me as well.  I heard the rumblings beforehand that we were really high on him, but still think that was early.  Wasn't mad about it, but I wasn't thrilled.

This is a runner up for me since A.J Brown was still available and then i was even more * that he went to Ten lol.

TJ Green, Tyquan Lewis, Terell Basham, Zach Banner.... but also I didn't love Khari WIllis either and i might be very wrong on that one. :dunno:

Didn't hate it but I thought Braden Smith was a reach too. Wrong on that one too. 

I thought Banagu was a reach. Too early to tell... 

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

This is a runner up for me since A.J Brown was still available and then i was even more * that he went to Ten lol.

If there are two prospects that Ballard really shouldn’t have missed on it’s Brown and Kittle. He passed over Kittle multiple times.

Recently, wasn’t a fan of the Tyquan Lewis or Basham picks. Didn’t like the Banogu pick either but we still don’t know what we have there.

Basically, haven’t really been a fan of the 2nd/3rd round DL picks. I like Turay but the injury concerns are still there.

4 hours ago, twfish said:

I was banging the table for AJ Brown and would have taken him in the 1st or every pick he was available after that. Killed me watching him do so well this past season. Would have given us the X we still need.

5 hours ago, twfish said:

I am excluding the first round picks but what pick made you furious when it happened? This is regardless what they did with their careers so many of you should be raising your hand for the Darius Leonard pick. This can be at any point in the past 20 years but 1 still really stand out to me.

Mine was the 2016 draft both Nick Martin and Cody Whitehair were sitting there for the taking and we traded back with the packers and Whitehair was taken the pick right before us and we selected T.J Green. I remember screaming obscenities at the T.V and I was furious.

That's what one I was gonna pick I was angry with that pick there is another one that made me the second a close second was our 2015 first rounder all of those good defenders on the board at the 29th pick and we take Dorsett that and the TJ Green pick the next year was the worst picks aside from the Werner pick in 2013.

4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Recently, wasn’t a fan of the Tyquan Lewis or Basham picks. Didn’t like the Banogu pick either but we still don’t know what we have there.

Basically, haven’t really been a fan of the 2nd/3rd round DL picks. I like Turay but the injury concerns are still there.

Injuries are always gonna be part of the game my problem with the injuries is some say our Training staff is really good but if they are so good why are the colts always among the most injured and beat up teams in the league and its every year.

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

1st round:  Donald Brown.  Anthony Gonzalez. Malik Hooker.

2nd round: TJ Green, Tyquan Lewis

Later:  John Boyett.  David Parry

David Perry wasn't bad the first couple of years could have done worst but I will always remember Boyett as you cant arrest me im a Colts player or when he was with Denver just call my boss John Elway wasn't his boss after that LOL.

7 hours ago, twfish said:

In hindsight or when it happened?

If we completely take the first round out of it I would have to say Rock. I hope I’m EXTREMELY wrong when it comes to their career trajectories but I did not like Rock over Greedy. I do very much like Rock now for what it’s worth lol.

if first round can be included I will forever remember hating the Anthony Gonzalez pick. Can’t remember who else was available I just remember taking a 3rd string/slot receiver from Ohio State in the 1st. Never agreed with the pick and wasn’t surprised when he didn’t pan out. Dorset over Collins is a 1a 1b as far as how much I hated it. I simply understood the appeal of Dorsett more than Gonzalez I guess which is why I rated them as such.

13 hours ago, twfish said:

Mine was the 2016 draft both Nick Martin and Cody Whitehair were sitting there for the taking and we traded back with the packers and Whitehair was taken the pick right before us and we selected T.J Green.

Unfortunately I remember this like it was yesterday.  I participate in a winner-take-all draft pool every year with some guys here in Vegas so I knew the prospects well.  I was really hoping we got Whitehair but it wasn't meant to be.  

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Werner no question. I knew he was gonna be a bust.

Bingo. Was watching at Red Robin with a friend of mine, I hated the Werner pick immediately, and it was only my second year of really paying attention to the draft. Wanted Rhodes that year.

18 hours ago, twfish said:

Yep, that was pretty insane.

Especially when you think about one of those two could have help Andrew Luck not getting so much hurt. We might even have him still! :flaming:

15 hours ago, DougDew said:

1st round:  Donald Brown.  Anthony Gonzalez. Malik Hooker.

2nd round: TJ Green, Tyquan Lewis

Later:  John Boyett.  David Parry. Zach Banner.

Couldn’t have said it better. Most of our Ohio State picks over the years haven’t panned out. I might have included Campbell, but it’s to early to tell. I hope he works out.

Back in 1999, I was living in the Autumn Woods apartments in Castleton.  Colts had fallen on hard times after the almost-miracle of 1995.  But we had drafted Marshall Faulk in 1994, Marvin Harrison in 1996, and Peyton Manning in 1998.  There was hope.  And a #4 overall pick.

Then, disaster.  Bill Polian traded away Marshall Faulk to the Rams for a 2 and a 5.  I was shocked.  We all were.  How did that happen??  And a 2 and a 5?  What???

My rage was simmering.  But, Polian knows what he's doing.  Right?  Ricky Williams was the full-on sensation coming out of Texas that year.  Maybe we would draft him?  I hope so!

Draft day came.  Three picks in, and nobody had taken Williams.  I crossed my fingers.  Yes yes yes.

With the 4th pick in the first round of the 1999 NFL draft, the Indianapolis colts select:

Edgerrin James, RB, Miami

What?!?!?!?!?  Who is this?  Who is this? I don't know anything about Edgerrin James!  Why didn't we take Ricky Williams?

I was p*ssed.  I had had it.  Completely forswore the Colts for good.  I would root for the Bucs.  Good riddance!

And then, Edgerrin James won the NFL rushing title in his rookie year.  Seriously.

So...  I went out and bought an Edgerrin James jersey.  I still own it (though I can't fit into it anymore!).  What do I know about drafting players anyway??

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Local born and bred.  I live out past Fortville nowadays.  But you can find me watching the Colts games at B-Dub's at 116th and Olio for every game!

Right on, same.

Born in Noblesville, still live there, going on 40.

Dwayne Allen-64 overall on 2012. didnt so much mind Allen BUT we had already drafted Colby Fleener with pick 34 and doubling up so early at TE seemed like an awful idea at the time and proved to be correct as neither lived up to their draft status. Would have preferred Bobby Wagner in Fleener's spot....

On 3/27/2020 at 11:40 AM, twfish said:

I am excluding the first round picks but what pick made you furious when it happened? This is regardless what they did with their careers so many of you should be raising your hand for the Darius Leonard pick. 

Had no idea who DL was, didn't make me mad just confused

Archived