Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs predictions

Stephen

If we can run the football... IF. We will shock people by keeping Mahomes on the sideline much like the Jags did to Peyton Manning all those years. Not to say we will win, but we can limit them to 28-31 points in my opinion... We need some guys to step up on defense, maybe that's Leonard coming back and providing a spark. A turnover or two is possible. 

If we can keep them within 30 points, that gives us a fighting chance. 

I say 35-24 Chiefs. We will look much better than today, but can't matchup without TY and 5 rookies playing significant time on defense.

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

If we can run the football... IF. We will shock people by keeping Mahomes on the sideline much like the Jags did to Peyton Manning all those years. Not to say we will win, but we can limit them to 28-31 points in my opinion... We need some guys to step up on defense, maybe that's Leonard coming back and providing a spark. A turnover or two is possible. 

I say 35-24 Chiefs. We will look much better than today, but can't matchup without TY and 5 rookies playing significant time on defense.

The reason we couldn’t run the football today was WR were dropping passes and we couldn’t win with the pass game. It made it very easy to stop the run. The oline wasn’t very good either.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

That literally has to be the gameplan, keep away football that ends in 7's. FG's won't help us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

That literally has to be the gameplan, keep away football that ends in 7's. FG's won't help us.

Agreed. They would have helped today though. Fumble by Campbell in the redzone. Missed (barely) 57 yarder. We would have been looking a game winner on the pick 6 drive, which might have changed the way we went about things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Oh man it’s a Primetime game?? I’m even more worried now sheesh 

Haha..

Yeah the last few years primetime games haven't been pretty... And it's usually on the road...

Let's just hope it isn't one of those embarrassing games where they're talking about good BBQ in KC and how much they love Tom Brady in the middle of the third quarter.

12 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I'd like to point out how close I was to nailing the opening spread. Chiefs opened as 10 point favorites, down to 9.5 currently and the over/under is 56.5 

I should work in Vegas...

14 hours ago, IinD said:

Right on. The Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league at stopping the run. When you think about them also having the best offense which means playing with the lead a lot and they STILL give up that much on the ground. Their front 7 is a liability and can be exploited but it takes discipline to the run regardless of the score. 

Mack gets 25 carries and we play action pass all day - this could be a game. Colts win 27-24.

Mack gets 10 carries and we try more long slow developing routes - this will be a route. Chiefs win 42-17.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I hope you're smart enough to start him regardless

I started him all games last year and he was one of my keepers. He didn’t have any touchdowns yesterday :(. I had 2 offensive touchdowns for the whole team and lost by 2. New England defense had more points than Mahomes

1 hour ago, Mitch Connors said:

Mack gets 25 carries and we play action pass all day - this could be a game. Colts win 27-24.

Mack gets 10 carries and we try more long slow developing routes - this will be a route. Chiefs win 42-17.

hopefully he is ok, had an ankle injury yesterday. 

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

I started him all games last year and he was one of my keepers. He didn’t have any touchdowns yesterday :(. I had 2 offensive touchdowns for the whole team and lost by 2. New England defense had more points than Mahomes

Yeah maybe it doesn't work sometimes but it's suuuuper risky to bench Mahomes. And to be fair,  in my league at least the Patriots D scored 36 points. I lost because of that

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

You shouldn't sit him because of the wild guess that he'll have a rare 0 TD game. JMO

18 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Bad loss to the lowly Raiders.  These injury depleted Colts will likely get their lunch taken next week in Kansas City.  Could get real ugly.  Mahomes will laugh at our cover 2 zone coverage all day.  We are looking dead at 2-3 entering the bye week with an important tough divisional game with Houston next. 

i think you may be right