Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Chiefs predictions

If we can run the football... IF. We will shock people by keeping Mahomes on the sideline much like the Jags did to Peyton Manning all those years. Not to say we will win, but we can limit them to 28-31 points in my opinion... We need some guys to step up on defense, maybe that's Leonard coming back and providing a spark. A turnover or two is possible. 

If we can keep them within 30 points, that gives us a fighting chance. 

I say 35-24 Chiefs. We will look much better than today, but can't matchup without TY and 5 rookies playing significant time on defense.

• Like 1

Nothing like staying up late on a Sunday to be tired all day Monday to see a murder on national TV.. Lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

If we can run the football... IF. We will shock people by keeping Mahomes on the sideline much like the Jags did to Peyton Manning all those years. Not to say we will win, but we can limit them to 28-31 points in my opinion... We need some guys to step up on defense, maybe that's Leonard coming back and providing a spark. A turnover or two is possible. 

I say 35-24 Chiefs. We will look much better than today, but can't matchup without TY and 5 rookies playing significant time on defense.

The reason we couldn’t run the football today was WR were dropping passes and we couldn’t win with the pass game. It made it very easy to stop the run. The oline wasn’t very good either.

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

That literally has to be the gameplan, keep away football that ends in 7's. FG's won't help us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Nothing like staying up late on a Sunday to be tired all day Monday to see a murder on national TV.. Lol.

I work 11:30 pm to 8:30 am so I get to go in just before the beatdown ends.

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

That literally has to be the gameplan, keep away football that ends in 7's. FG's won't help us.

Agreed. They would have helped today though. Fumble by Campbell in the redzone. Missed (barely) 57 yarder. We would have been looking a game winner on the pick 6 drive, which might have changed the way we went about things.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I work 11:30 pm to 8:30 am so I get to go in just before the beatdown ends.

Why's Stephen acting like such an *today? Lol

5 minutes ago, IinD said:

Why's Stephen acting like such an *today? Lol

Lol

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Oh man it’s a Primetime game?? I’m even more worried now sheesh 

Haha..

Yeah the last few years primetime games haven't been pretty... And it's usually on the road...

Let's just hope it isn't one of those embarrassing games where they're talking about good BBQ in KC and how much they love Tom Brady in the middle of the third quarter.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I'd like to point out how close I was to nailing the opening spread. Chiefs opened as 10 point favorites, down to 9.5 currently and the over/under is 56.5 

I should work in Vegas...

Chiefs 45

Colts 17

Not good that the Chiefs were tested yesterday.   They'll be out for blood against us.  

This one is not going to be pretty. Final score makes it look closer than it really is. 

41-31.

14 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I predict a big game from Adam Vinatieri

Ha, I was going in this direction too. My prediction is the Vinatieri thread will be back at the top of the page after next Sunday’s game.

Not a good thing.

14 hours ago, IinD said:

Right on. The Chiefs are one of the worst teams in the league at stopping the run. When you think about them also having the best offense which means playing with the lead a lot and they STILL give up that much on the ground. Their front 7 is a liability and can be exploited but it takes discipline to the run regardless of the score. 

Mack gets 25 carries and we play action pass all day - this could be a game. Colts win 27-24.

Mack gets 10 carries and we try more long slow developing routes - this will be a route. Chiefs win 42-17.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, runthepost said:

Lions also have a much better defense 

Start Mahomes if he’s on your fantasy team 

I hope you're smart enough to start him regardless

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Chiefs 38 Colts 24

Sounds about right. The key is Hooker. Without him our defense is toast without butter

26 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

I hope you're smart enough to start him regardless

I started him all games last year and he was one of my keepers. He didn’t have any touchdowns yesterday :(. I had 2 offensive touchdowns for the whole team and lost by 2. New England defense had more points than Mahomes

1 hour ago, Mitch Connors said:

Mack gets 25 carries and we play action pass all day - this could be a game. Colts win 27-24.

Mack gets 10 carries and we try more long slow developing routes - this will be a route. Chiefs win 42-17.

hopefully he is ok, had an ankle injury yesterday. 

I’m thinking 48-14 Chiefs.  They’re an absolute buzzsaw offensively and I’m pretty sure we saw the worst game of the season out of Mahomes this week. 

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

I started him all games last year and he was one of my keepers. He didn’t have any touchdowns yesterday :(. I had 2 offensive touchdowns for the whole team and lost by 2. New England defense had more points than Mahomes

Yeah maybe it doesn't work sometimes but it's suuuuper risky to bench Mahomes. And to be fair,  in my league at least the Patriots D scored 36 points. I lost because of that

1 hour ago, runthepost said:

You shouldn't sit him because of the wild guess that he'll have a rare 0 TD game. JMO

18 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Bad loss to the lowly Raiders.  These injury depleted Colts will likely get their lunch taken next week in Kansas City.  Could get real ugly.  Mahomes will laugh at our cover 2 zone coverage all day.  We are looking dead at 2-3 entering the bye week with an important tough divisional game with Houston next. 

i think you may be right

Gonna be ugly, and we all know it. Unless weather is bad somehow, thinking 52-17.  Take the Chiefs and give the points for folks in legal betting states.   

1 hour ago, BigQungus said:

You shouldn't sit him because of the wild guess that he'll have a rare 0 TD game. JMO

Oh I’m not sitting him I haven’t even thought about that lol

probably no mack or ty, hard to say anything besides blowout loss here

the questions are will the defense slow the chiefs at all? and will that even matter if the offense is missing our top RB and WR

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

probably no mack or ty, hard to say anything besides blowout loss here

the questions are will the defense slow the chiefs at all? and will that even matter if the offense is missing our top RB and WR

You hear anything on Mack Injury ?

2 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

You hear anything on Mack Injury ?

sprained ankle.  i probably should have phrased that differently, that was just going by our luck with injuries when i said probably out.  ty may play too, who knows 

• Thanks 1