Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs predictions

Stephen

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sleep well buddy. When you name call and say we will lose by 3 TD's I can't resist to respond. "Wienie" is a new one but thanks. I think I may cook out some Bratwursts on the grill now and have another beer and celebrate the biggest win we have had in a while lmao . Have a great day tomorrow, I can't wait for your response. I love when we win games like this, it just shuts the haters/doubters up. 

I am 100% glad that I was wrong on the score

I did notice that you didnt PM looking to put your money where your mouth is

I would have gladly paid the bet

if I have offended you please accept my apologies, you started the back and forth... not me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I am 100% glad that I was wrong on the score

I did notice that you didnt PM looking to put your money where your mouth is

I would have gladly paid the bet

if I have offended you please accept my apologies, you started the back and forth... not me

No biggy, yeah I didn't bet you on the game but I did pick the Colts to win on here before the game. You really didn't offend me. We are all Colts fans no matter how I or anyone looks at it in reality. Thanks for the response.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

try to be intellectually honest about the matchups. 

It feels like you're being intellectually elusive because you don't wanna go back on a point you made, but I'll play along with your example where JB is hobbled, TY and Ebron out, Doyle with the drops, Houston, Sheard and Autry out on D: 

Well since the OLine and RBs are still fine, and assuming Doyle isn't missing blocks as well as dropping passes, I'd say our running game is still going to dominate the LOS and TOP, keeping Mahomes on the sideline.  Alie-Cox can replace Ebron in a pinch, and I'm sure Chester Rogers can get called for PI as well as TY.  haha

Now our pass-rush might not be as effective without Houston, Sheard, and Autry, but remember even Grover Stewart got a sack on Mahomes last night.  And Muhammad isn't a bad pass-rusher either.  I think with how banged up KCs OLine was, our DLine was going to get to Mahomes, no matter who lined up.

Now you do the same exercise with KC:  Their two starting safeties are out (so no Mathieu making plays), their best LB is out, two of their best WRs are out and their TE is dropping balls (oh wait, that was the case anyway), AND their franchise QB retired two weeks before the season.  :D

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 4:25 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do not blame him. Tonight's win was huge, have to celebrate a little.

I had a couple cans of joy myself. While I think the win itself was emotionally awesome, I think the circumstances (injury impact) were unique. Regardless of the circumstance though, so freaking nice to get that W in KC.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 11:40 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It feels like you're being intellectually elusive because you don't wanna go back on a point you made, but I'll play along with your example where JB is hobbled, TY and Ebron out, Doyle with the drops, Houston, Sheard and Autry out on D: 

Well since the OLine and RBs are still fine, and assuming Doyle isn't missing blocks as well as dropping passes, I'd say our running game is still going to dominate the LOS and TOP, keeping Mahomes on the sideline.  Alie-Cox can replace Ebron in a pinch, and I'm sure Chester Rogers can get called for PI as well as TY.  haha

Now our pass-rush might not be as effective without Houston, Sheard, and Autry, but remember even Grover Stewart got a sack on Mahomes last night.  And Muhammad isn't a bad pass-rusher either.  I think with how banged up KCs OLine was, our DLine was going to get to Mahomes, no matter who lined up.

Now you do the same exercise with KC:  Their two starting safeties are out (so no Mathieu making plays), their best LB is out, two of their best WRs are out and their TE is dropping balls (oh wait, that was the case anyway), AND their franchise QB retired two weeks before the season.  :D

I agree with a lot of the above. It simply boils down to this for me..... What makes KC great on O is their mobile gunslinger going to their dynamic WRs and uber talented TE. Their best strength on D is their pass rush. In this game, all of those strengths were gone (QB not mobile, WRs injured, TE uncharacteristically horrible, and 3 of 4 DL out + LB out). So pretty much everything that made them good was gone.

For us, we're simply solid all around. Our OL is probably our best position group, and was going up against their most depleted unit on D. Our DBs playing man along with our DL going up against their struggling OL, hobbled QB, and second/third string WRs was enough to keep them in check. Their running game isn't anything special, so they were pretty much single threaded, and that thread was crippled. 

Regardless of the circumstances, sure was great to beat them on the road. Not sure it tells us much about our team's chances (playoffs and vs top teams), but just getting a W that was supposed to be a loss is huge.

• Like 1