Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly time yet?

Horseshoelife19

3 hours ago, Horseshoelife19 said:

I couldn’t watch the game. Was Brissett effective? I know he gave up a pick six, and his completion numbers weren’t great.

So you didn't watch the game and just look at the numbers and "assume" Brissett played bad enough to bring Kelly off the PS to start.....? Wow....

At least 6 drops, all would have been first downs.....

An untimely fumble on a long completion to Campbell also didn't help LONG before the pick 6 - which was more of a great defensive play than a poor decision.

Yes, Brissett was just as effective as he's been all year, he just had very little help. Such is life in the NFL when your number 1 and number 2 receivers are out and the next best option drops 4 balls.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So you didn't watch the game and just look at the numbers and "assume" Brissett played bad enough to bring Kelly off the PS to start.....? Wow....

At least 6 drops, all would have been first downs.....

An untimely fumble on a long completion to Campbell also didn't help LONG before the pick 6 - which was more of a great defensive play than a poor decision.

Yes, Brissett was just as effective as he's been all year, he just had very little help. Such is life in the NFL when your number 1 and number 2 receivers are out and the next best option drops 4 balls.....

Brissett was not good today. 

23 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

That's a matter of opinion....

Are you looking at stats to make your opinion?    Because other than 3 TD passes. (All short passes)  The stats aren’t good   Stares down receivers  missed guys as they got open.  Slow to go through his progressions    Yea there were drops but he wasn’t accurate either.   24/46.  Barley over 50% completion rate 

give him him credit when he does well but it goes the other way too.   

43 minutes ago, DerekDiggler said:

Are you looking at stats to make your opinion?    Because other than 3 TD passes. (All short passes)  The stats aren’t good   Stares down receivers  missed guys as they got open.  Slow to go through his progressions    Yea there were drops but he wasn’t accurate either.   24/46.  Barley over 50% completion rate 

My original post I stated that the OP should look past the box score. 

You quoted it as well....

It does go both ways, Cain, Rogers, Campbell couldn't beat one on one coverage and he was throwing to spots and as mentioned even when they did reach the spot there were dropped passes.

You'd be "slow" going thru your progessions too when nobody was getting open. He was so slow he took 1 sack and maybe 2 knockdowns.

It's easy to blame the QB but if people don't block or people can't get open I hardly see that as his issue....

9 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

My original post I stated that the OP should look past the box score. 

You quoted it as well....

It does go both ways, Cain, Rogers, Campbell couldn't beat one on one coverage and he was throwing to spots and as mentioned even when they did reach the spot there were dropped passes.

You'd be "slow" going thru your progessions too when nobody was getting open. He was so slow he took 1 sack and maybe 2 knockdowns.

It's easy to blame the QB but if people don't block or people can't get open I hardly see that as his issue....

Were you at the game or watch on TV?

5 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I know I was one of this guys supporters but is there anyone else on this forum that is starting to think Deon Cain is a bum.

Yeah. Always did. So much hype for a 6th round pick. Who knows, he might still end up being good? Highly doubt it though

27 minutes ago, Horseshoelife19 said:

Wow you guys are rough. I said I didn’t get the game, I never said I didn’t see the stats. To answer your question I did say they should have kept Phillips, and I still feel that way!!! How many rushing yards were given up around our ends today!!!!

Am I the only one who has no idea who Phillips is? Was he some run stuffing stud we had during preseason?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not like we have a choice. With all the injuries  cain and Campbell  have to succeed  or we don't. 

That wasn't the point. When we had more fit receivers and people were clamouring for Campbell to be used more... we saw yesterday why he hasn't been. I wasn't enthused by how badly the the shot plays designed for him went. 

13 hours ago, Horseshoelife19 said:

I couldn’t watch the game. Was Brissett effective? I know he gave up a pick six, and his completion numbers weren’t great.

Until we get eliminated from the playoffs,  should Brissett not play for whatever reason,  odds are strong that the QB we'd put in would be Hoyer,   and not Kelly.

Once we're eliminated that would be another story.    Then we can look to the future with Kelly.

But we are a long, LONG way away from that happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

The pass catchers on this roster weren't effective, I can tell you that...

Who could be effective when many of the balls were over their heads or blistered into them from 5 yards away.  Yes, the WR's need to catch the ball, but Brissett isn't good at getting to them with touch and in a position to catch it.

When DBs miss interception passes that hit them in the hands the broadcasters typically say, "That is he reason they play defense." In Brissett's case as with others they were/are designated  backups for a reason yet often the develop in to excellent QB but it is seldom instant.

12 hours ago, DerekDiggler said:

That completion % would have been much better without the dropped passes.  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Who could be effective when many of the balls were over their heads or blistered into them from 5 yards away.  Yes, the WR's need to catch the ball, but Brissett isn't good at getting to them with touch and in a position to catch it.

This is ridiculous, you know that right? Eric Ebron was embarrassed after this game and told every reporter and posted on twitter it wouldn't happen again. 

These guys are paid in a single year more than I could dream of making in a career to catch the football. Most elite qb's want the ball as fast as possible. If we have to baby our receivers, we need to look to replace them... 

42 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Who could be effective 

T.Y would be effective... I'll tell you that. 

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

That completion % would have been much better without the dropped passes.  

Yes 30 of 46 which is about 65%. He would've also had well over 300 yards and likely doesnt attempt that risky pass, late in the game. 

This dude just doesnt know what hes talking about. Which is why hes chosen to focus on Brissett instead of the countless other reasons we lost the game. He has an agenda, probably tied to previous comments hes made and is attempting to justify.

Brissett was more than OK yesterday. Football isn't about the plays you didnt make, it's about the plays you did make. He made more than enough for us to win.

• Like 1

If Chad Kelly can rush the QB or can play DB........  Then I say bring him in!!!

Repeat after me 

JB is our QB

JB is our QB

JB is our QB

If we are 6-6, and JB isnt prodcuing for multiple weeks in a row..... I bet JK gets a shot....

But..... Until then

JB is our QB

3 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

you folks need to look past your noses. do you think I want another qB because JB lost the game?

No. I want another QB because he cannot win consistantly games like these. another byron Leftwich.

Look, Jacoby isn't a world beater at QB, but we didn't lose yesterday because of him, at least not fully. the D couldn't stop a thing. The pick 6 didn't help much and Jacoby didn't play his best. But he's no where near Leftwich's territory

JB is currently on pace for 4000 yards, 40 TDs and 8 picks with a 100+ QB rating.

Chad Kelly went thru waivers, unclaimed, and is currently on the practice squad. Any team can just sign him to their active roster, and it doesnt cost them any compensation. Yet, here he sits.

C'mon man. 

Jacoby cant win games the rest of the team loses, and neither can anyone else. Especially Chad Kelly.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Posted this in another thread and it's very relevant here.

You want to bench a guy who:

a) is completing over 70% of his passes

b) has only 1 INT on the year

c) has a passer rating of over 110 this season

d) has 20 starts under his belt

e) has been the starter since training camp

In favour of a guy who has played in 1 career regular season game?

In a lot of people's minds, simply benching Brissett wouldn't enough, he needs to be replaced by the practice squad QB that all 31 other teams passed on.

• Thanks 1