Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brissett versus matt ryan.

Stephen

Matt ryan has 5 tds and 5 ints while throwing for over 300 yards two weeks in a row. Brissett  has 5 tds 1 int while throwing under 200 yards two weeks in a row. Brissetts QB rating  is currently  higher than Luck's was last year despite less yards.

If the trend continues  for matt ryan he will thr oh w for as many ints as tds against  US which I'm hoping  for as it will make it easier  to win.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Matt ryan has 5 tds and 5 ints while throwing for over 300 yards two weeks in a row. Brissett  has 5 tds 1 int while throwing under 200 yards two weeks in a row. Brissetts QB rating  is currently  higher than Luck's was last year despite less yards.

If the trend continues  for matt ryan he will thr oh w for as many ints as tds against  US which I'm hoping  for as it will make it easier  to win.

We're going to need takeaways to have much of a chance I'm afraid.  

Especially if Leonard is out with a concussion. 

14 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm more interested on who will be on Julio now that Desir is out. 

I'm guessing they'll roll double coverage to him, but Colts fans might be in for a long day. 

I'm putting Quincy on him no question I feel more confident with rock covering sanu than Wilson maybe shadow a safety on that side but I think Quincy can have a good game 

15 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm more interested on who will be on Julio now that Desir is out. 

I'm guessing they'll roll double coverage to him, but Colts fans might be in for a long day. 

I agree

But........ for all the back and forth, the Falcons didnt score 30 points

With a zone we can contain the talent on the Falcons.

However, from the zone, we DO need to stop their run

I think we win this one

6 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

I'm putting Quincy on him no question I feel more confident with rock covering sanu than Wilson maybe shadow a safety on that side but I think Quincy can have a good game 

I hope he does well, because Wilson being so inconsistent drives me insane.

I do think the team will roll coverage Julio's way.

4 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree

But........ for all the back and forth, the Falcons didnt score 30 points

With a zone we can contain the talent on the Falcons.

However, from the zone, we DO need to stop their run

I think we win this one

I'm not as worried (although there are some concerns) about the running game but the fact they like to throw to Freeman and Smith, both of whom are good after the catch is where I think they will attack the Colts. Also teams have learned to not run counter plays to DL's side, both Chargers and Titans had success running the counter players away from DL and I see the Falcons doing much of the same.

2 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I hope he does well, because Wilson being so inconsistent drives me insane.

I do think the team will roll coverage Julio's way.

I hope the Colts do what other good DCs have done.  Rather than putting your best CB on the other teams best WR, you put your best corner on the other team's #2 WR and the bracket the #1 WR with a CB and safety.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I hope the Colts do what other good DCs have done.  Rather than putting your best CB on the other teams best WR, you put your best corner on the other team's #2 WR and the bracket the #1 WR with a CB and safety.

I see you've been to the BB school of defense. Ironically it's also how teams started to try and shut down Gronk. 

Nice little article on it, true he didn't have other receiving threats on the same level as the Falcons:

https://www.clnsmedia.com/how-teams-defend-patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the article.  I look forward to reading it.

30 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I see you've been to the BB school of defense. Ironically it's also how teams started to try and shut down Gronk. 

Nice little article on it, true he didn't have other receiving threats on the same level as the Falcons:

https://www.clnsmedia.com/how-teams-defend-patriots-tight-end-rob-gronkowski/

1 hour ago, lance_m8 said:

I wish but I wouldve rather had minkah younger and isn't a problem off the field

Ramsey's acting out because he wants to be on a competitive team and the Jags are terrible right now.  He's not happy because he's not in a position to accomplish anything in Jacksonville.

I think if he was on a contender, he'd fall into line for the most part, other than a bit of Twitter smack talk like he always does.

1 hour ago, lance_m8 said:

Honestly might wanna double Julio. Sanu is good, but Jones is HoF. Jones will tear us apart if we put Wilson or Rock on him.

If we out both on him though, maybe we’d have a shot at limiting him from 300 yds to 200

Like someone else said, the Falcons are very capable of putting up points. Even tho Ryan has been underwhelming he is still a former MVP. Hopefully Darius Leonard plays next week, or else it will be a long day for us on defense. Reich is going to have to gamplan the offense to run the ball and control clock.

Brissett should be able to hold his own on offense, we just need him to manage the game and make a few smart decisions.

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am worried about the defense more then the offense. Especially if Leonard and Desir miss the game. The falcons oline does have injuries so we need to pressure Ryan.

Quincy and Rock should do just fine filling in for Desir.  They'll probably call up Jalen Collins from the PS also maybe.   D will be fine, Julio is the main issue with that offense.  I don't think they will run for  much yardage on us.

1 hour ago, LuckyHorseShoe§ said:

Honestly might wanna double Julio. Sanu is good, but Jones is HoF. Jones will tear us apart if we put Wilson or Rock on him.

If we out both on him though, maybe we’d have a shot at limiting him from 300 yds to 200

How do people forget about Ridley? He’s a stud.

• Like 3