Indianapolis Colts
Stephen

Brissett versus matt ryan.

I don't think it would be impossible to double Julio.  We've got enough DBs to deal with Ridley and Sanu. 

I think this is going to be an important Malik Hooker game. Ryan is going to take shots down the field and he’s been interception prone so far this year. Hooker over the top is going to be important to limiting Julio and go.

• Like 3

I think this game is about hometown pressure. Ryan needs to feel uncomfortable in this game. I see us dialing up the most pressure of the season so far. 

If the team can reduce drive killing penalties and not lose the TO battle, we could move to 2-1.

7 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I didn’t make Peru ‘98

I blew it off, and will forever be known as the "Peruvian Flake". 

• Haha 1

Colts are currently favored by 3.   

Hope that 3 doesn't have to come from Adam.   :funny:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

This game, on defense at least, is gonna ride on us being able to get pressure on Ryan. I don't really like our matchup with the Falcons WR's especially without Desir potentially. Hooker's gonna have to have himself a game.

We should be able to get pressure though. Ryan likes to hold onto the ball and the Falcons OL has been underwhelming.

Also, the Falcons defense looked legit on SNF as well. Could be a tough day for Brissett if he's holding onto the ball as long as he was against the Titans.

16 minutes ago, Myles said:

Basically given the homefield advantage. That is still good to be favored without luck.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This game, on defense at least, is gonna ride on us being able to get pressure on Ryan. I don't really like our matchup with the Falcons WR's especially without Desir potentially. Hooker's gonna have to have himself a game.

We should be able to get pressure though. Ryan likes to hold onto the ball and the Falcons OL has been underwhelming.

Also, the Falcons defense looked legit on SNF as well. Could be a tough day for Brissett if he's holding onto the ball as long as he was against the Titans.

I don’t know about their defense. Cousin only threw for 8/10 passes. They really didn’t test them.

There oline is banged up so it will come down to pressure on Ryan. Turay said on his IG that he should be able to play Sunday.

We also need to get those turnovers. We should of had 5 or 6 turnovers in that titans game.

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...especially after they put JAC as 6.5 point favorites against the team IND just beat.

That JAC line looks like easy money.

11 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...especially after they put JAC as 6.5 point favorites against the team IND just beat.

Seriously??? Yes, that is easy money.

I checked, it is 1.5 point favorites now, Vegas is too smart to give you easy money. :) 

Chiefs are 5.5 point favorites at home? Is that correct?

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t know about their defense. Cousin only threw for 8/10 passes. They really didn’t test them.

There oline is banged up so it will come down to pressure on Ryan. Turay said on his IG that he should be able to play Sunday.

I don't think their defense is elite or anything but it's solid. They were getting good pressure on Wentz. Dalvin ran all over them but then they held the Eagles to <50 yards combined rushing. Plus, they were just making consistently crushing tackles on SNF, quite a sight to see actually. They were intimidating.

Their DB's aren't as good as the Titans though, so hopefully our WR's are able to get open and Brissett is a little quicker to get the ball out.

20 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Thats a lot of respect for the Colts...

I expected to see the Falcons favored.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That is crazy. The fact they held the Texans to 13 I think they can beat the titans at home.  We need to win Sunday because there is a big chance the Texans and titans both lose.

29 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I don't think their defense is elite or anything but it's solid. They were getting good pressure on Wentz. Dalvin ran all over them but then they held the Eagles to <50 yards combined rushing. Plus, they were just making consistently crushing tackles on SNF, quite a sight to see actually. They were intimidating.

Their DB's aren't as good as the Titans though, so hopefully our WR's are able to get open and Brissett is a little quicker to get the ball out.

The eagles also lost a few players in that game including Jeffries and another WR. 

5 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Atlanta has a run defense we can exspose

We all thought the same thing in KC last year for the playoff game and we couldn’t run anywhere. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

We all thought the same thing in KC last year for the playoff game and we couldn’t run anywhere. 

To be fair Reich panicked after we got down by one score. Wonder what would of happened if we had kept pounding it. I was impressed that he stuck to the run game in LA being down 15 pts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

In my opinion we ran out of gas in that Game ,to get to that point after a 1-5 start .

• Like 1

I was glad to see Ridley’s name finally mentioned. He’s a serious scoring threat. I get the feeling that Rock & Kenny gonna have to try & deal with him.  That’s gonna be the key matchup. And I think Hooker is gonna have to be the STAR of the game because the Falcons will take deep shots. He may have a chance at a couple. 

53 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The eagles also lost a few players in that game including Jeffries and another WR. 

Yup, the Eagles were down guys but I don't hold that against the Falcons. They also got put in bad field position all night and mostly held strong.

6 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

In my opinion we ran out of gas in that Game ,to get to that point after a 1-5 start .

I actually see it as the weather conditions made it easy for the Chiefs to duplicate that Jags blueprint & our offense could never get on track.  Each game in a season is who you are.  Us at our worst reared it’s ugly head in the playoffs.  I think that’s why Frank wants to be so run oriented.  

He wants us to have the mentality that we’re running it down your throat regardless of quarter, field position, weather conditions, it doesn’t matter.  We had a chance (which was honestly a miracle) to get back into the KC game after Leonard caused the fumble.  Instead of pounding the rock & imposing our will we turned it right back over.  This year will be different. 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

I actually see it as the weather conditions made it easy for the Chiefs to duplicate that Jags blueprint & our offense could never get on track.  Each game in a season is who you are.  Us at our worst reared it’s ugly head in the playoffs.  I think that’s why Frank wants to be so run oriented.  

He wants us to have the mentality that we’re running it down your throat regardless of quarter, field position, weather conditions, it doesn’t matter.  We had a chance (which was honestly a miracle) to get back into the KC game after Leonard caused the fumble.  Instead of pounding the rock & imposing our will we turned it right back over.  This year will be different. 

I can dig that 

• Like 1

Something to think about as much as we are running the ball and how well it’s going to eventually open up the pass game. TY said that today.  I love that Reich took that shot downfield right after that Ebron catch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

It’s certainly not out of the question 

Grady Jarrett vs Quenton Nelson is the one I want to see

• Like 1

i'd imagine they will try to get him on Glow more but if we can get the ground game rolling it should slow down this interior rush a bit.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Grady Jarrett vs Quenton Nelson is the one I want to see

Alan Bailey gave us trouble in that Chiefs game.   He's with the Falcons now.

Ryan is not elusive like Mariota. If we got four sacks on Mariota I would hope that we could get that on Ryan. 

Siriani also mentioned today they are just taking what the defense gives them as far as the run pass yards. We will see if we get more pass yards this week.

7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

How do people forget about Ridley? He’s a stud.

Good point.

Well I’m out of ideas, maybe let Nelson just pile drive them all at the beginning of the game

:thinking:

10 hours ago, colt18 said:

Like someone else said, the Falcons are very capable of putting up points. Even tho Ryan has been underwhelming he is still a former MVP. Hopefully Darius Leonard plays next week, or else it will be a long day for us on defense. Reich is going to have to gamplan the offense to run the ball and control clock.

Brissett should be able to hold his own on offense, we just need him to manage the game and make a few smart decisions.

U over valuing Leonard's value to the  D at this time.   I wouldnt b surprised if one of the rookies plays and they come out looking better. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ryan is not elusive like Mariota. If we got four sacks on Mariota I would hope that we could get that on Ryan. 

Siriani also mentioned today they are just taking what the defense gives them as far as the run pass yards. We will see if we get more pass yards this week.

Hoping Turay can go this week. He was an absolute nightmare for the Chargers to deal with week 1. 

12 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I want to see a win. 

Obviously I want a win, but I want to see Brissett be the reason for it. I want to see that he doesn't shrink in big moments. Yes, he's played well in both outings so far, but I would like to see if he can take over a game.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Hoping Turay can go this week. He was an absolute nightmare for the Chargers to deal with week 1. 

He said on his IG he should be ready. I more concerned with Desir then Leonard because of their WR.

Kenny Moore got the pin out of his thumb today. That should mean he will be playing without a club Sunday.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

I didn't know whether I should laugh'moji or cry'moji......ultimately I chose cry.....its too real.  You should be applauded tho, made me think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

He said on his IG he should be ready. I more concerned with Desir then Leonard because of their WR.

I don't think he has an instagram account, does he?

11 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Obviously I want a win, but I want to see Brissett be the reason for it. I want to see that he doesn't shrink in big moments. Yes, he's played well in both outings so far, but I would like to see if he can take over a game.

I want to see a win.

• Like 1

This seems like good news for sheard and Desir. They are only doing a up tempo walk through because of the heat they played in the last couple of games. Mack was also seen carrying a walking boot. That seems kind of odd. Lol