Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope because I really do not know who would be good out there. So it was an honest question and no laughing matter as I joke a lot. We may need this new guy to make a 50 yard FG for a crucial win?

Do you have any faith at all in Vinatieri's ability to hit a 50 yard field goal right now for a win? He is struggling to hit crucial extra points right now. He's hit three of his last seven extra points.

4 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Do you have any faith at all in Vinatieri's ability to hit a 50 yard field goal right now for a win? He is struggling to hit crucial extra points right now.

After the 1st 2 games I do not but I don't have faith in anyone else either out there. That is the problem. At least with Adam he has proven he is great. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After the 1st 2 games I do not but I don't have faith anyone else either out there. That is the problem. At least with Adam he has proven he is great. 

That’s true they aren’t going to feel as confident as they have at kicker but right now forget the 50 yarder to win a game I don’t feel confident for Adam to hit an extra point and just get seven.  The Colts were a play or two away from it perhaps cost the Colts the game today.  Add in last week where Adam left seven points on the field and Adam is killing them.  That’s not fair to the rest of the team and Adam knows that.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, CoachLite said:

It's a scientifically known fact that there is a wrong-handed Coriolis effect in every soccer field caused by a gravitational anomaly. American football fans just haven't grasped the gravity of the situation.

I believe everything I read on the internet ...

.... except for that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I liked Vanderjagt until the Pittsburgh game too!

One of the best regular season kickers ever. Remember him kicking a bunch in the snow at Denver for a win. Unfortunately , his mouth and that shank cost him his job.  He also shanked one against Miami in the playoffs , early 2000s. 

37 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I appreciate everything he's done for us.

It is my understanding  he will make statement tomorrow.

That's what he told reporters.  They mentioned to Adam it's not his day to speak to the press, and he replied "You'll hear from me tomorrow."

7 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

I assume there has to be a kicker out there who can at least consistently hit extra points.

Might be a false assumption.  Good ones are overlooked and undervalued.  Bad ones cause strife and can be hard to replace.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and others may be right, it may be time for him to call it quits. I just do not like to see 2 bad games be the deciding factor. I can see 4 or 5 bad games as that would be obvious. We are not talking just any kicker, it is Adam. 

So what IS the number? Three bad games?  A whole season of bad kicks?    The thing is Adam is NOW just another kicker.  Remember he didn't kick at all in the preseason games.  We have post season bad kicks and nine months later, two games of bad kicks.

I want him to be good, but something is seriously off.  

I said earlier in this thread that I thought it was too early to cut him/have him retire. But after a second bad game, it should really be considered. I'm not against giving him one more game to see what he's really got, but I'm not against him and the Colts going separate ways.  I have nothing but respect for him; he's an all-time great kicker and an absolute legend.  No reason for him to hang his head or feel embarrassed or ashamed.  Arguably the greatest kicker of all time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A V

IMO did not live up to his own standards finishing up last season & it has carried over to this season he knows it & so does anyone watching it was hard to watch these first 2 games I expect him too retire this week . He has been a great asset in the kicking game that is nolonger the case the Colts were lucky to get out of Nashville with a win . Happy Trails Vinatieri  we appreciate all you have done as a COLT .:hat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

One of the best regular season kickers ever. Remember him kicking a bunch in the snow at Denver for a win. Unfortunately , his mouth and that shank cost him his job.  He also shanked one against Miami in the playoffs , early 2000s. 

I had nightmares of Lamar Smith for a week and his shank.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and others may be right, it may be time for him to call it quits. I just do not like to see 2 bad games be the deciding factor. I can see 4 or 5 bad games as that would be obvious. We are not talking just any kicker, it is Adam. 

I agree. First two games of the season also. Yes the KC game was rough, but that was then. We don't know what is all going on. We don't know what Adam Viniateri brings to this locker room every single day. We sure as hell don't know who his replacement would be or if they are even capable of doing better than the poor performances he has had. 

I can't imagine Ballard not encouraging him to keep grinding it out and trying to get into a rhythm to finish out the year and call it a career at years end... but then again, if Adam doesn't trust himself, then it could be a lonngg year with a lot of L's squarely on him not performing. And no one would want that for him. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

According to NFL.com

“On the year, Vinatieri is 1-for-3 on field goals and 1-for-5 on extra points.”

let that sit in. 2 for 8 overall, 25%. Unfathomable in my opinion, just can’t believe it. 

Stephen Gostkowski missed two extra points and a field goal attempt against Miami. 

43 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Stephen Gostkowski missed two extra points and a field goal attempt against Miami. 

He was 5 of 8 kicking. No issues last week. 12 of 15 this year for an 80% success rate. He’s fine. 25% is not what any pro kicker should have as his success rate for kicks in a season. And this isn’t even counting the KC game either. 

58 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Reading that Tweet, I wouldn't  be surprised if the Colts convince him to stay on and finish the season. Radio guys said he was kicking 60 yard FGs before the game. He might straighten out if there is no injury....not sure what to hope for, this team doesn't look like a playoff team right no anyway!

adamv.JPG

With a competent kicker we would be sitting at 2-0, winning both games on the road vs two tough teams. That is what a playoff team looks like to me.

10 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

He was 5 of 8 kicking. No issues last week. 12 of 15 this year for an 80% success rate. He’s fine. 25% is not what any pro kicker should have as his success rate for kicks in a season. And this isn’t even counting the KC game either. 

Dang, I love Vinny but I think it’s time. They may give him one last week, our home opener to see how he does kicking indoors in a friendly environment. He misses there, at home, it’s game over

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Smh, NE wouldn’t even be considering this man. They don’t let emotions get involved 

Why do fans on here constantly compare us to NE and what they would or wouldn’t do? I mean I get it, they’ve got one hell of a dynasty going but if you want us to be like them so bad, go root for them. (Not directed at you Mr,Debonair, just some fans in general that constantly say we need to copy NE)

• Like 1