Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

Carli Lloyd...

Seriously a lot to chose from who were solid in camps this preseason. Hedlund has to be on speed dial we could assume.

Kaare Vedvik,Elliott Frye, Greg Joseph,Blair Walsh, Georgio Tavecchio

Vinny is a legend, look forward to the club honoring him and maybe keeping him around as an advisor/ mentor to whom ever we bring in. He sure tutored all the rookie we brought in over the years many of who stuck on NFL rosters.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s still a problem.  That’s what I am telling you.  People aren’t saying he wasn’t a problem they just said he wasn’t the ONLY problem last week.  

He's been a problem since last year is my point. It's just that some are delusional and dont want to see it. Why did coach Reicht go for it on the first forth down in the 4th quarter after AV missed like 2 kicks? I think Reicht was forced to go for it because he wasn't sure if AV would make it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

So do you think hitting, what 50% of your kicks is ok?

We all love Adam for what he’s done but he isn’t what he was. 3 games now he’s been a liability. It sucks but it’s part of being a grown up.

As to the bolded, nothing I said infers I am OK with Adam's last few games kick percentage. However, I am at least aware enough to understand that to demand our HOF kickers retirement after today's game is emotional, premature, and it lacks in class. 

As to the statement in italics, I'll just let it stand without recourse, because it is fairly revealing all in itself. 

2 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

As to the bolded, nothing I said infers I am OK with Adam's last few games kick percentage. However, I am at least aware enough to understand that to demand our HOF kickers retirement after today's game is emotional, premature, and it lacks in class. 

As to the statement in italics, I'll just let it stand without recourse, because it is fairly revealing all in itself. 

The job is to make kicks at a high frequency. He isn’t doing that. I’d be the first to thank him profusely for his time here in Indy. We don’t make it out of Baltimore and countless other games without him. But to say I lack class because I see what the writing on the wall is? Any other player gets cut, Adam would agree with that in a second. And as I clearly said before (which you either intentionally ignored or didn’t see) is that he’s been a liability in 3 games now. So the premature but is irrelevant.

To the classless part, see above. Adults should be able to both recognize someone’s meaning to the team but know when it’s tine to move on. A gut punch for sure but that’s what adults do.

And to the emotional part, it’s more emotional to want to hang on for nostalgias sake than to do what you have to do, which is let go no matter how much it might hurt.

Say whatever you want about having to be a grown up but know that Ballard has to be a leader. Leaders have to put emotion aside and do what is needed. I hope you get the chance to learn that one day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

It’s not emotional, and certainly not premature.

He’s lost it and can no longer be relied on.  And everybody — including him, I imagine — knows it.  He’s had a great career.  But it’s over.

I respect Adam...and thank him for many years of great service. We don’t beat Baltimore to get to the SB without his fgs. He is a legend. That said he definitely looked like it was the end last year with how the year ended. Kinda like Peyton did at his end. I chalked it up to injury/dead leg from a long season. Now...I’m not a coach or GM and I don’t know if they watched him kick during the offseason and how much testing they did of him but I can’t let that go. Every man plays for his position...earns it in the offseason. With his issues and age he should have had to kick in the preseason. He should have had to earn his spot. You can’t take for granted such an important position. I guess this whole thing could have been avoided. That said good luck to Adam moving forward and hopefully we can still land a good kicker this late in the season. Just seems between Luck and Adam we weren’t prepared this offseason as we should have been.

2 hours ago, rockywoj said:

So you want a kicker that had two bad games in a row to quit?  Yeah, that would be really classy. <roll eyes>

I have a better idea ... he fights through two bad games and proceeds to be old reliable for the next 14 games plus 4 playoff games, then retiring as a SuperBowl champion.  

He has be Meh or worse now for two seasons. What if he doesn’t do any better through 2 games and we go down because of them? Are you willing to say sorry everyone, I hoped the 46 y/o was gonna pull out of this but it’s clear now, that we are 3 games behind, that it’s not going to happen and we are parting ways with The GOAT?  No, you can’t do stuff like that in today’s environment. Sorry, love the guy, did great for the franchises but probably shouldn’t have been the guy to start the season knowing last years issues and now when he couldn’t even kick most of preseason. It’s the correct time to say enough, one way or the other. 

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

I’m not willing to take a chance and find out the answer to that question is a “no”. 

50% from anyone else right now is more than respectable over what Vinny is providing this team. Time to make the change. 

1 hour ago, Turftoe said:

If he is indeed calling it a career, he should get a hero's welcome at the next home game.  Retiring when you're the GOAT, you gave it a go after such a long career, is the very definition of retiring.  He deserves the accolades far more than a 29-year old who quit because of what -could- happen.

The only difference is, Vinny wasn’t taking hits over the last 6 season, Luck has, and lots of them. Not speaking apples to apples. 

• Like 1

Lol, we talking about 3 bad games. What about the over 100 he was clutch in. 1st one today was bad hold it layed on the ground. 2nd one was a miss. Go rewatch it. 

Not sure what kind of drag that was but any baseball pitcher would kill for that kinda of movement on a round ball.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets see how he kicks at home, that may make a huge difference. 

We don’t always play home so the point is mute. It’s time to move on

7 minutes ago, Matabix said:

Lol, we talking about 3 bad games. What about the over 100 he was clutch in. 1st one today was bad hold it layed on the ground. 2nd one was a miss. Go rewatch it. 

Not sure what kind of drag that was but any baseball pitcher would kill for that kinda of movement on a round ball.

Its not just this season. He’s been off since the end of last season

9 minutes ago, krunk said:
  1. He didnt just jump up and forget how to hit extra points.  To me there is something bad wrong when this guy is consistently missing extra point kicks.  That has never happened to him.

He misses Andy too much. Oooooooooh, Andy (In Morgan Freeman’s voice) lol. 

Just now, MPStack said:

I like and respect you as a poster, but.... Vinny needs to go..

He may but it is only 2 bad games. I just say lets see how he kicks at home. If he stinks it up over the next 2 games which are at home than I will agree. A lot of kickers go through funks, we just never seen it with Vinny but he is 46. So maybe it is time?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

There are HIGH SCHOOL kickers who dont miss extra points

The guy has been a legend

But....

He is ruining his legacy by trying to play even one more game.........  He is DONE

Which high schools do you know of that kick from 15 yard line for extra points?

To all the posters who want to see how Adam does at home...

He's bound to kick better at home, after all, its in a dome with no wind or weather to affect the kicks, and it's an artificial surface which should help.

But  keep in mind...

we don't play only at home. Six more games are on the road.

Just now, 1959Colts said:

To all the posters who want to see how Adam does at home...

He's bound to kick better at home, after all, its in a dome with no wind or weather to affect the kicks, and  it's an artificial surface. 

But  keep in mind...

we don't play only at home. Six more games are on the road.

I get that but should he retire because he has 2 bad games? What if he makes a game winning 50 yard FG next week? Then everyone will love him again.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:53 AM, ScotColt said:

Care to explain how it is so different? I can't help but think that is a laughable excuse, at the end of the day you're kicking a ball between posts on a field.

Maybe I'm wrong though...

Is the stadium in Nashville a converted soccer stadium?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it was anything but the extra point, we could say that his leg is an issue but an extra point is a clear sign that there is a technique problem. Send in the analytics team to analyze his kicking motion, like they do with a golfer's swing. The guy is mentally tough with nerves of steel. I hope we give him a chance to work it out.