Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peter King has JB third in MVP voting

Restinpeacesweetchloe

That's  a bit optimistic, but Brissett has all the tools and I think he has the attitude.  So who knows.

Something about the way Brissett has the ability to remain calm in a crisis reminds me of some of the greats, up to and including his former mentor.  I think we're about to be very pleasantly surprised.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he takes us farther then Andrew Luck and we don’t miss a beat there is going to be a lot of people questioning how good luck really was.

I doubt it. You won't see intelligent football people questioning Luck's ability. They'll be touting Ballard and company for building a roster within 3 years. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I doubt it. You won't see intelligent football people questioning Luck's ability. They'll be touting Ballard and company for building a roster within 3 years. 

No doubt lamenting the what could have been if the roster building had been better at the start of Luck’s career.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If he takes us farther then Andrew Luck and we don’t miss a beat there is going to be a lot of people questioning how good luck really was.

I'm curious to see how Jacoby plays in the playoffs.

(If we make it there)

But I didn't like that deer in the headlights look Luck had when we faced Kansas City in the Divisional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Nah, that guy was 33 - 15 first 3 years getting beat up.  Then those beatings mounted up in lot's of missed games 2015, 2016, and 2017. JB got beat up in 2017 too, but went 4-11. People all along back then were saying protect 12.  The Colts may have attempted, but failed.  That will be what is remembered.  How good he was isn't even on the discussion table.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Nah, that guy was 33 - 15 first 3 years getting beat up.  Then those beatings mounted up in lot's of missed games 2015, 2016, and 2017. JB got beat up in 2017 too, but went 4-11. People all along back then were saying protect 12.  The Colts may have attempted, but failed.  That will be what is remembered.  How good he was isn't even on the discussion table.

I don’t think fans will think that. I can see the national narrative being that.

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

dont think we have to worry about that

I would love to, though.
  Who knows...anything can happen this year if we stay healthy and the 2nd year kids take their big next step.  We're still young enough to be able to play above our experience expectations.

(and I can always dream...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I would love to, though.
  Who knows...anything can happen this year if we stay healthy and the 2nd year kids take their big next step.  We're still young enough to be able to play above our experience expectations.

(and I can always dream...)

And part of being a fan is living that dream; dreaming that we can and will win the Superbowl. I'll live that dream with you!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Boy. John Lennon was right when he said “You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one”

I’ll be happy to be proven wrong, but sitting right here and now I do not see it. 

Not just King, many in the media seem to be much higher on Brissett and this roster than Colts fans seem to be.  Hopefully they are right, but I don't see it either.  People have certainly bought into Ballard, but it's much easier winning a playoff spot, winning executive of the year with a generational talent at QB than it is with Jacoby Brissett.

35 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Boy. John Lennon was right when he said “You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one”

I’ll be happy to be proven wrong, but sitting right here and now I do not see it. 

this is getting out of hand lol either people look smart or JB makes everyone look stupid 

We've really become the media underdog darlings since Luck's retirement. We'll see if they can live up to all the hype, because slowly but surely the Colts aren't under the radar as we thought they'd be without Luck, at least in the eyes of the media.

3rd in MVP voting though? That's very optimistic.

This is such a weird media take.

Theres no other team in the NFL that would be predicted that highly with their back up QB stepping into the limelight at 10 days notice.

If these media types had been pushing for Brissett to start all the way through pre-season or touting him as prized trade bait then I could have got that they were high on him all along. Now it just seems reactionary.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

Theres no other team in the NFL that would be predicted that highly with their back up QB stepping into the limelight at 10 days notice.

If these media types had been pushing for Brissett to start all the way through pre-season or touting him as prized trade bait then I could have got that they were high on him all along. Now it just seems reactionary.

I think it's mostly Ballard & Reich hype filtering down.  GM & coach of the year candidates, if not favorites, top 5 (imo) qb retiring, everything positive that jacoby is able to accomplish (which I suspect is plenty) will be magnified through those lenses. Plus jacoby is charismatic and likeable.......easy to root for.  I can see the through line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

To be fair, Brissett did take all of the reps in the offseason (1,200 or so according to Reich). He isn’t going to be unprepared like he was in 2017.

Additionally, the Colts have one of the most talented rosters in the league this season and are starting the season relatively healthy.

I want Brissett to succeed and believe he can given the roster and coaching staff that’s in place. It’s up to him to do the rest.

• Like 1

This sounds like somebody trying to make a “bold” and contrarian prediction so as to stand out from the thundering herd.

But, that said, here’s to hoping he’s at least in the ballpark.  I’m not quite that optimistic.  But I’m also not as pessimistic as many people are — both on Jacoby and on the Colts.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 10:27 AM, SteelCityColt said:

Depends on the fans.. if you can’t see then and now is apples to oranges, not sure what to tell you.

For any stupid thing that can be thought of, there will be a fan that thinks that. :)  And now with so many cable shows and podcasts and internet shows, there will be a panel to discuss it.