Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Melvin Gordon

indyblue

1 minute ago, coltsfanej said:

A two headed monster of Mack and Gordon could be very fun to watch. That'd give us two legit #1s. But for the money Gordon is wanting he would not be worth the investment in a two man backfield imo. He's already turned down $10mil per. 

Yea that would be fun to watch

10 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

That is clearly NOT what they are doing.  They are acquiring picks - not giving them away.

Their not winning anyway with Fitzpatrick so getting Tua, Fromm, or Hebert wont be that difficult. 

I’d love that 2 headed monster, but the price tag would be very hefty. I’d rather run with Mack and next year draft one of Deandre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, or Travis Etienne. I’d prefer Swift because he is the best talent, but I think Taylor might fit the scheme best. I’d take any of them over Gordon and the price tag that will come with him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It won’t but they would be smarter to use all those picks to build a team around Rosen. 

I doubt that. It says a lot imo that he can't even beat out Fitzpatrick and those othet QBs are much better prospects.

Absolutely!  Jacoby is a great QB, but we can’t put him in the position to throw it 35-40 times a game this early in his career.  Shifting to a run first attack with a two headed monster of Gordon & Mack with Hines as a change of pace would make a lot of sense.  If we can get him for a 2nd at around $11-12M a yr that’s a no brained for me.

I’d pass. Getting Gordon would cost draft picks and money. He doesn’t want to play until he has a new deal so you’d have to re-sign him before he’s even taken a snap for the team. Plus he’s got an extensive injury history. Only played a full 16 game season once in 4 seasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No thanks. Long injury history, not super efficient, and paying draft picks and a top 3 salary for a RB that has struggled to maintain 4.0ypc doesn't really entice me. Wouldn't mind taking a RB on day 2 in next year's draft, unless Mack just balls out. But no way I'm paying what it will take for Gordon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’d pass. Getting Gordon would cost draft picks and money. He doesn’t want to play until he has a new deal so you’d have to re-sign him before he’s even taken a snap for the team. Plus he’s got an extensive injury history. Only played a full 16 game season once in 4 seasons.

Even Clowney only got a 3rd rounder and 2 potato chips in return, I'd offer a 4th for Gordon.

17 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Even Clowney only got a 3rd rounder and 2 potato chips in return, I'd offer a 4th for Gordon.

That’s likely the offer they’re going to get in reality. The last traded and re-signed player of note was Khalil Mack. They gave up two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick this year. But that was for a guy who was all pro at two different positions and still really young.

Teams will pay money for a player. Teams will trade draft picks for a player. But giving up high draft picks and a lot of money for a player? Uncommon. Gordon isn’t a Mack level talent so it’s hard to see someone giving up that much for him.

• Like 2

If he didn't have injury concerns, I would like to at least entertain the possibility.    He is very good at pass catching out of the backfield.   He has good size.   

But I'll pass on giving up a 1st round pick and having to pay him a boatload of money.

image.png.486bcf92ab7e7d17d39110f5662ca9b1.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That’s likely the offer they’re going to get in reality. The last traded and re-signed player of note was Khalil Mack. They gave up two 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick this year. But that was for a guy who was all pro at two different positions and still really young.

Teams will pay money for a player. Teams will trade draft picks for a player. But giving up high draft picks and a lot of money for a player? Uncommon. Gordon isn’t a Mack level talent so it’s hard to see someone giving up that much for him.

Texans just gave up 2 firsts and a second for Tunsil.  He is gonna want a lot of money

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

It also included a right tackle from the Texans to the dolphins.   The meat of the trade was the picks and Tunsil,  who will get huge money next year

Fair enough - I agree the LT was the meat for the Texans.

I mention Stills only because hes not a throw away player. He'd almost certainly be our #2 WR.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 9:10 AM, MPStack said:

I like the idea of having a workhorse cowbell RB, but Gordon will cost to much. I’d only make a trade like that, if the Colts were set just about everywhere else and a serious contender for a SB. The Colts aren’t there yet.

yeah I like the idea too but I'd prefer someone like Zeke or Barkley not Gordon 

• Like 1