Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Melvin Gordon

indyblue

14 hours ago, MPStack said:

I read somewhere today that it was the Eagles.  Jordan Howard was being included in the discussions as a RB going to the Chargers as part of the trade.  Nothing yet though.  

58 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I didnt mean trade for them I meant the style RB gordon is small and shifty I want a big back that will actually stay healthy when hitting the line 

We all would.    They aren't easy to come by.   I think that's why a lot of teams have moved to the running back by committee approach.    Would love to have 1999 Edgerrin James in this offense

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

We all would.    They aren't easy to come by.   I think that's why a lot of teams have moved to the running back by committee approach.    Would love to have 1999 Edgerrin James in this offense

yeah the odds of us getting a stud like that nowadays are probably very very slim. oh well tho I can dream lol

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

This guy is crazy.  Colts would never pay him what he wants. I will say him and Mack would be fire.

I know everyone is convinced Ballard would never try to acquire a RB like Gordon because we were never serious about Bell or even Zeke for that matter.  But the whole landscape has now changed with Lucks retirement.  We had all kinds of cap space with Luck on the books.  And Luck was our biggest hitter on our cap and now he's gone.  We are years away from having to worry about paying huge money to a QB again.  It's not like signing Gordon is going to hurt us cap wise.  With a new CBA on the horizon and a growing cap every year it might make sense to lock in some of our core players now and maybe take a run at a player like Gordon.  It looks like he has burned his bridge with the Chargers.  This would be a great time to do a trade.  Right after our game with them.  We would not be paying him more than the top 3 RB's and he would be a huge upgrade over any RB on our roster.  From what I have read he's a great locker room guy with no off field issues.  Yes he has recovered from an injury but our RB's are not the healthiest in the world either.  It's a long shot that Ballard would do it but that said our teams situation has changed dramatically since Lucks departure.  We really don't know what he's thinking now.  I don't know who this Chad Forbes guy is but he does make some very interesting points.   I'm not expecting it but I wasn't expecting Luck to retire either.  We are now in uncharted territory I guess.  

3 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I know everyone is convinced Ballard would never try to acquire a RB like Gordon because we were never serious about Bell or even Zeke for that matter.  But the whole landscape has now changed with Lucks retirement.  We had all kinds of cap space with Luck on the books.  And Luck was our biggest hitter on our cap and now he's gone.  We are years away from having to worry about paying huge money to a QB again.  It's not like signing Gordon is going to hurt us cap wise.  With a new CBA on the horizon and a growing cap every year it might make sense to lock in some of our core players now and maybe take a run at a player like Gordon.  It looks like he has burned his bridge with the Chargers.  This would be a great time to do a trade.  Right after our game with them.  We would not be paying him more than the top 3 RB's and he would be a huge upgrade over any RB on our roster.  From what I have read he's a great locker room guy with no off field issues.  Yes he has recovered from an injury but our RB's are not the healthiest in the world either.  It's a long shot that Ballard would do it but that said our teams situation has changed dramatically since Lucks departure.  We really don't know what he's thinking now.  I don't know who this Chad Forbes guy is but he does make some very interesting points.   I'm not expecting it but I wasn't expecting Luck to retire either.  We are now in uncharted territory I guess.  

The question isn't whether signing Gordon is bad for our cap space. It's whether he's worth it at that price. He's not. Gordon won't automatically make this team a SB contender. The money and picks are better spent elsewhere.

9 hours ago, IndyScribe said:

The question isn't whether signing Gordon is bad for our cap space. It's whether he's worth it at that price. He's not. Gordon won't automatically make this team a SB contender. The money and picks are better spent elsewhere.

Another way to look at it is his price will not be exorbitant where he will set a new market for the position.  That already has been set with Zeke , Bell and Gurly.  He is considered one of the top RBs so his contract will fall in line market wise so it won't be considered outlandish when he gets it.  Gordon won't automatically make this team a SB contender but he will automatically improve our RB position which will then help to increase our SB chances.  There are no guarantees with picks we all know that.  And Ballards picks at RB have yet to really prove themselves.  It would be nice if they could stay healthy so we can really see what they can do over a full season.  The money is a minor issue considering how much we have to work with.  To me he would be worth the price at this time.  I think it's a long shot that Ballard will do anything here but it's an interesting opportunity.  Now if our RBs get hurt again early in the season and he is still there then maybe he thinks about it.  JMO

Due to Ekeler's performance, Chargers media is reporting is reporting that Chargers are more motivated now to trade Gordon and help him find a new team. 

Colts should have interest imo because a 1/2 punch with him and Mack would be pretty damn deadly.

Chargers should come down from their asking price of a 1st and 5th to perhaps two 2nd rd picks.

1 minute ago, Anonymous said:

Due to Ekeler's performance, Chargers media is reporting is reporting that Chargers are more motivated now to trade Gordon and help him find a new team. 

Colts should have interest imo because a 1/2 punch with him and Mack would be pretty damn deadly.

Chargers should come down from their asking price of a 1st and 5th to perhaps two 2nd rd picks.

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment