Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Rock ya Sin already as good as Vontae Davis?

Stephen

Not only haven't the Colts played a regular season game....    we haven't even played a PRE-season game yet.

Ya think maybe you're asking this question a few months too soon?

Hype in early pre-sesason is just that.......    hype.    Try not to read too much into it.

Just enjoy camp for what it is.     Seriously.     Honestly.    

• Like 4

Although it is far too easy (and appropriate) to make a comment about how it is too early to ask that question, I'll bypass it, and actually answer your question.

No.  He is not as good as Vontae Davis.

Comparatively speaking: Vontae Davis was a multiple year starter, the #1 CB on the team, with a Pro Bowl nomination.  Rock Ya-Sin has not even cracked the starting lineup yet.  He's currently duking it out with Quincy Wilson for the #3 spot.  The #1 CB is Pierre Dasir, and he doesn't have a Pro Bowl bid to his name.  So, no.  Rock isn't as good as Vontae yet.  He first needs to make the starting lineup, then beat Dasir for the #1 spot, and then get a Pro Bowl bid.  Then, we can start talking about comparisons to Vontae.

But I'm crossing my fingers for him!

• Like 2

All the kidding aside, it’s obviously too soon to judge the kid. But when TY Hilton says the guy is going to be special, I pay attention. Could the Colts have found another gem in the 2nd round? Signs point to yes..... we’ll know soon enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twfish said:

Let's be honest here Vontae was an incredible corner in his prime. Likely one of the best indy ever had. His playing style is completely different then what rocks is.

I thought  Rock was said to be a physical  press man type corner with ball skills

• Like 1