Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saw Big Q tonight

BleedBlu8792

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

So my wife and I were out with friends at a restaurant in Carmel. As we were walking in this guy (Quentin) was at the hostess desk getting a to go order and I was like man he looks familiar. I'm 6'4 250 and not very often am I the one looking up at someone, but I didn't realize how tall Quentin was. He's listed at 6'5, but he has to be really close to 6'6. He looks like he has lost some weight, and added muscle, and yes that guys back is a mile wide, and that was the dead give away. The kid looks good and looks to already be in football shape.

That's awesome man! I'm a huge Irish fan...I would've made an as* out of myself haha. "Can I get an autograph!" (In my Chris Farley voice)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

That's awesome man! I'm a huge Irish fan...I would've made an as* out of myself haha. "Can I get an autograph!" (In my Chris Farley voice)

Yea I don't bother the guys when they are out. I grew up being around professional athletes/race car drivers due to family ties, but I get the temptation at wanting to talk to them. I've not seen him in person before ( I didn't get to a game last year) but he is as big as advertised.

• Like 1

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

Yea I don't bother the guys when they are out. I grew up being around professional athletes/race car drivers due to family ties, but I get the temptation at wanting to talk to them. I've not seen him in person before ( I didn't get to a game last year) but he is as big as advertised.

I can respect that. I saw him several times at ND, but not last year. Interesting that he's making some changes to the physique. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I can respect that. I saw him several times at ND, but not last year. Interesting that he's making some changes to the physique. 

I'm guessing he figured he didn't need to carry the little bit of extra weight up top that he had last year. He still looks 315-320'ish, but he looks healthier if that makes sense. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I'm guessing he figured he didn't need to carry the little bit of extra weight up top that he had last year. He still looks 315-320'ish, but he looks healthier if that makes sense. 

Good. Hopefully it increases speed and doesn't negatively effect that meanstreak. Dude's fun to watch.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I also tell my son don’t bother them especially if they’re with family and/or eating.

Son and I were at a game and walking the pregame festivities.  We walked into a hotel, son turned the corner and sat down.  As I walked in two guys walked past and I recognized them.  I tapped on the window to tell my son, he jumped up and ran out but the two had already gone on the cart headed for the pregame taping.  Son came and he’s following them to get an autograph.  I said I’m tired and I’ll sit here at the hotel.  About 15 minutes later I look outside and he’s getting his picture taken with the two- Gruden and Terico. He said what had happened was they wouldn’t do autographs probably because of the crowd so my son returned.  As he was ready to enter the hotel he heard noises (cart) so he stepped aside.  As they got off son asked for an autograph and they replied no problem. The cart driver said hey I’ll do one better and take your picture.... Son is an autograph seeker and also has Jason Kidd’s autograph on his HS yearbook.  You won’t believe this but my son said one of the nicest guy was Deion Sanders!

• Like 2

Buying a newspaper at Glasgow airport many years ago and next in line was one of my football (soccer) favourites. I nodded, shook his hand and said "hello Alistair, hope you are well". "You too big man" he said, and off I went. Wife went minty when I told her later. Why didn't you get his autograph she asked. I shrugged, 'respect'......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Buying a newspaper at Glasgow airport many years ago and next in line was one of my football (soccer) favourites. I nodded, shook his hand and said "hello Alistair, hope you are well". "You too big man" he said, and off I went. Wife went minty when I told her later. Why didn't you get his autograph she asked. I shrugged, 'respect'......

That's how I roll. I have ran into various people over the years and honestly just treat them like a normal person. Which they are. I'll nod, give a hand shake or fist bump. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

So my wife and I were out with friends at a restaurant in Carmel. As we were walking in this guy (Quentin) was at the hostess desk getting a to go order and I was like man he looks familiar. I'm 6'4 250 and not very often am I the one looking up at someone, but I didn't realize how tall Quentin was. He's listed at 6'5, but he has to be really close to 6'6. He looks like he has lost some weight, and added muscle, and yes that guys back is a mile wide, and that was the dead give away. The kid looks good and looks to already be in football shape.

ISYMFS

• Like 1

My dad was waiting at the Airport in Tokyo the year the USA basketball team lost to Argentina and he was able to speak to Coach K along with his wife also Dwight Howard although it was kinda funny how dad says he felt like he was standing next to giants the whole time

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Thanks for sharing....

I’ve been hoping Big Q would lose just a little weight ever since the news broke that he has a partially herniated disk in his back.  

Maybe this isthe answer?

When the players break for summer in early June,  Q’s weight will be one of the first I check. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

As we were walking in this guy (Quentin) was at the hostess desk getting a to go order and I was like man he looks familiar.

This happened to me with Big Q last year during TC up in Westfield.  I walked into a backroom at work and did a double-take at this huge dude looking at products.  He was like "Am I allowed to be back here?" and I was like "Yeah, of course, let me know if you need help with anything." and went about my business, but in my head I was like "Big man you can go wherever you want, what am I gonna do to stop you?"

Anyway, I tried to play it cool when I rang him up, asked him how he liked Indy and being a Colt so far.  I even helped carry stuff out to his truck for him (like he needed help haha).  I wished him luck with the season and shook his hand.

It was surreal.  I played it cool on the outside, but I was a giddy kid on the inside!  :excited:

Working up in Westfield during TC was really cool.  I met Big Q, Ballard, Mathis, even the old OLine coach DeGuiglielmo.  :rock:

• Like 5

I met quite a few rock and country stars when my wife worked at the Hilton. She would get tickets and back stage passes once in a while when the cooperate people didn't use them.

Alice Cooper, Bob Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Journey, Foreigner, Genesis.

Got to party on New Years night with Charlie Daniels and his crew after they came back to their rooms after their show. They had a whole floor to themselves. I was in charge of getting 5 cases of whiskey for them from the liquor store. Paid me $100. bucks and let me stay. Charlie and his whole crew were great guys and acted like they knew me for years.

I got to shake Bobby Kennedy's hand when he was in Indy outside his headquarters. Sadly that was only two weeks before he was shot.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I met quite a few rock and country stars when my wife worked at the Hilton. She would get tickets and back stage passes once in a while when the cooperate people didn't use them.

Alice Cooper, Bob Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Journey, Foreigner, Genesis.

Got to party on New Years night with Charlie Daniels and his crew after they came back to their rooms after their show. They had a whole floor to themselves. I was in charge of getting 5 cases of whiskey for them from the liquor store. Paid me $100. bucks and let me stay. Charlie and his whole crew were great guys and acted like they knew me for years.

I got to shake Bobby Kennedy's hand when he was in Indy outside his headquarters. Sadly that was only two weeks before he was shot.

Those are some mighty impressive people!

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

Those are some mighty impressive people!

Yeah, it helps when your wife has the inside track.

I used to score free Colt tickets all the time when they were at the Hoosier/RCA dome. The Hilton had seats all over the building.

• Like 2

Lol! Many, many, centuries ago as waiter I served several stars. There was an older gentleman with his wife, nice couple, very unassuming but pleasant.  He signed the check to his room and I gave it to the cashier.  That’s when I noticed the name.  I grabbed the check from the cashier and ran back to the dining room.  All the old timers will know him, I said are you the old lefty and do I need to pray for rain? He looked at me and laughed, yes Warren Spahn! He was very nice and after a few minutes of small talk I said yes I’m a baseball fan but Mr. Spahn I liked you better in Hogan’s Hero’s. He laughed and shook my hand.  Nice guy.  No I don’t remember the tip and I forgot to get an autograph! Darn I’m showing my age!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

He gave an interview recently on a show with Chris Simms and another guy where he said he wanted to lose weight. Good to see that he apparently already accomplished his goal.

I think he said in that interview he eats healthy until the season starts. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:02 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I've met Charlie Daniels several times and he is the real deal...genuine, kind man.

• Like 1

Very awesome! I've met Jeff Saturday a couple years back when he was in Fort Wayne for a little bit. Walked down the hallway and he was standing off to the side by himself. I looked at him and said hey and waved and kept on walking. Respect, didn't want to bug the man.

Talked with many Colts players at training camp after practice. I know they are tired and ready to hit the showers so all the talks are very brief. One player that many of you may remember from a few seasons ago, running back Tyler Varga. I talked to him for a long time. He was just a normal dude and talked to me like we've known each other for years. Sadly he suffered a concussion later that year that ultimately stopped his football playing career. 

Had a weird encounter with Pat McAfee a few years ago before he retired too. Saw him after practice and I had asked for an autograph. I pulled out a sharpie but he already had one in his pocket and started "sword fighting" me with the sharpies. lol. He signed my football that I brought, then my wife walks over and he quit talking to me and talked with her the rest of the time. I'm like, OK well I guess he's done talking to me. haha

On 5/4/2019 at 9:02 AM, crazycolt1 said:

26 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

I've met Charlie Daniels several times and he is the real deal...genuine, kind man.

1980...the paramount in Portland....I saw Willie Nelson warm up for Charlie Daniels. Daniels band was amazing. Still one of the best shows I have seen live....and I have seen a lot of bands. 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 11:57 AM, braveheartcolt said:

My absolute hero as a lad. :heart:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

1980...the paramount in Portland....I saw Willie Nelson warm up for Charlie Daniels. Daniels band was amazing. Still one of the best shows I have seen live....and I have seen a lot of bands. 

I forgot to mention that Wet Willy was with Charlie Daniels on that New Years eve show and were with Charlie (I would call him Mr. Daniels but he wouldn't want that) They were also part of the group that all had the same floor at the Hilton. I had a blast. I had the privilege of playing some of the great guitars these guys had. It was a memory I will never forget.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This happened to me with Big Q last year during TC up in Westfield.  I walked into a backroom at work and did a double-take at this huge dude looking at products.  He was like "Am I allowed to be back here?" and I was like "Yeah, of course, let me know if you need help with anything." and went about my business, but in my head I was like "Big man you can go wherever you want, what am I gonna do to stop you?"

Anyway, I tried to play it cool when I rang him up, asked him how he liked Indy and being a Colt so far.  I even helped carry stuff out to his truck for him (like he needed help haha).  I wished him luck with the season and shook his hand.

It was surreal.  I played it cool on the outside, but I was a giddy kid on the inside!  :excited:

Working up in Westfield during TC was really cool.  I met Big Q, Ballard, Mathis, even the old OLine coach DeGuiglielmo.  :rock:

Ballard lives just up the street from TC in the new Chatham Hills neighborhood so you'll probably see more of him in the future.

I might as well include my story of running into Colts from the past. In the late nineties I had been making calls in southern IN one day and was driving home to Fishers. At the last minute I decided to pull off 65 in Franklin and sneak in a quick 9 holes at The Legends Course. I paid for my round and then went over to the grill area to get something to drink before heading to the first tee. I didn't want to get behind anyone and noticed three big guys standing by the grill area so I kinda rudely pushed through them to get my drink and make sure I got out before them. It wasn't until I was standing in the middle of them that I figured out it was Peyton Manning, Ken Dilger and Kelly Holcomb. Peyton had 2 hot dogs in one hand and a large wad of bills in the other. They were discussing their bets and Holcomb said "Peyton I don't make the kind of money you do". In the end I beat them out to the first tee, played a quick nine and got back on the road.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 12:28 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, it helps when your wife has the inside track.

My now retired wife used to work for the Indpls Children's Choir. When the Super Bowl was here, the Choir sang on the field. My wife was the liaison for Blake Shelton, who sang the National Anthem, with the Choir accompanying him.  Early in the first morning, Mr Shelton stopped her and said- obviously you don't know who I am (she didn't,  until she researched him), you're treating me like a regular guy- keep it up!

On the field, during the song, she stood between and just 4' behind, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.  She is no Brady fan, but she did admit he was pretty good looking....

• Like 2

Okay my turn, back in the mid 70's I met Richard Petty.  My Mom took us to get new tires on the car and he was there signing autographs and giving out STP stickers and such.  he was a very kind person to myself and my siblings.  He took his time and spoke to us the whole time we had our tires changed.  The perks of having a pretty mom, I guess?

I also played against Jumbo Elliot in High School.  A pretty good dude.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Coltsfan66 said:

My Mom took us to get new tires on the car and he was there signing autographs and giving out STP stickers and such.  

My youngest works as a tech at a major tire manufacturer. He's 6'9"/ 360.  Reggie Wayne came in for tires, and posed for a pic with my son.  Reggie looked like an elementary school kid, next to him...

• Like 3

On 5/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, BleedBlu8792 said:

The kid looks good and looks to already be in football shape.

I think he was BORN in football shape.  Some humans are made for football.  Flexibility to combine with frame and muscle and mental ability isn't talked about as often, but I think it is undervalued sometimes by fans who focus more on "skilled" positions but it really helps keep many common injuries at bey.  Natural flexibility is a huge trait to help prevent injury.  This guy seems to be genetically perfect for the sport and role he has chosen.  

• Like 1

Here's my story. I was a youngster back in the 60's. To be specific I would say about 67. We went to a sports show in NYC at the coloseum in Manhattan. My nickname was the "wanderer". Everyplace we went I got lost. True to my nickname I got lost and they brought me into the office and paged my father. I got to meet Johnny Unitas and Cassius Clay in the office.  I remember Mr. Unitas was very nice to me. Sat down and talked to me for a minute. Mr. Clay said Hello that was about it. I got autographs from both. That's how I became a Colt's fan. I remember betting my classmates 7th grade Super Bowl 3. They lost I was mortified. 

• Like 2