Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade out of first round

CR91

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Wrong. We still have pick 34. Probably saw one of the 8-9 guys we wanted would still be available due to the run on bizarro picks early on. Might as well trade back and get an extra second. 

Saw Schultz (local radio guy) say that Ballard said that he viewed guys 15 through 70 as about the same value in this draft.  Not shocking to see this when you read that.  

• Like 1

Just now, CR91 said:

And how did you come up with that logic? Do you really see the redskins making the playoffs or winning more then 8 games?

Exactly. I smell another top 3 second round pick next year. Might not be as high of value right now at this moment... but next year, SWEET. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

That or they all still were and he knew he could still get one at 34

And MAYBE another with the Redskins pick, if not it will be a guy close in value.  So they pretty much got two guys who are going to be of similar talent as to what they would have gotten and most likely another high second round pick next year.  

Just now, CR91 said:

And how did you come up with that logic? Do you really see the redskins making the playoffs or winning more then 8 games?

I didnt make it up. Future picks are devalued a full round according to the draft chart or the value is cut in half. But w/e it's not end of the world there's still gonna be good players at 34

• Like 1

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

I can live with the choices Ballard makes.  He's earned that trust in my eyes.

HOWEVER..... the guy could have tipped us Colt fans off a little.

I totally wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life and i'm considering sending him a bill.

Lol agreed brother. 

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I didnt make it up. Future picks are devalued a full round according to the draft chart or the value is cut in half. But w/e it's not end of the world there's still gonna be good players at 34

even if thats the case, the redskins are playing with a rookie QB with no weapons and a subpar defense. I can't see them having much success this year

As a few ppl mentioned, that Skins future 2nd is going to be a premium pick.

If they start Haskins all year, the kid is going to take his lumps and they will not finish the year very high. And if Haskins doesn't start right away it's Keenum or Colt McCoy.

That future 2nd is going to be a top-10ish pick in the second round next year. We will surely enjoy it then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CR91 said:

even if thats the case, the redskins are playing with a rookie QB with no weapons and a subpar defense. I can't see them having much success this year

Or they can make the playoffs and all of a sudden the picks in high 50s or 60s. This is the NFL man things change fast. 

Probably should have gotten a 4th back with this

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stitches said:

THIS is one of the most outdated views on the draft. There is nothing value-wise that should make a future pick worth less than a current year's pick. 

Except for the fact that a future pick could be like 20 spots higher than the ones they have this year? Lol

1 minute ago, TomDiggs said:

As a few ppl mentioned, that Skins future 2nd is going to be a premium pick.

If they start Haskins all year, the kid is going to take his lumps and they will not finish the year very high. And if Haskins doesn't start right away it's Keenum or Colt McCoy.

That future 2nd is going to be a top-10ish pick in the second round next year. We will surely enjoy it then.

I could be wrong here but I think Haskins is going to be a bust.  He seems to believe is own hype a little too much IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We get their 46th pick tomorrow. We have three picks tomorrow. Ballard is so freakin smart.

I mean obviously we got their 46th. Would be odd to just give them our 1st for nothing other than their next earliest pick. I do think we could have gotten slightly more value though.