Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Colts trade out of first round

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

You guys sound like little Ballard mini me's talking 

about "value":D

 

And the people complaining sound like toddlers.

 

We should just wait and see how it turns out, but nope, it's draft night, so of course the forum is full of :HFire:  :HFire:  :HFire:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

It's not difficult to see why a team would pass on the guys available at 26. All have question marks.

 

If the Colts don't really love any of them...which obviously they didn't...there is nothing wrong with the trade. Especially considering the Colts also have the 34th pick coming up.

 

Time will tell who is right but calling the move "dumb" is a heck of a stretch. 

Its dumb until proven otherwise all I can say is he better hit on those second rounders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has been Brillant. We can select Jawaan Taylor ( a projected top 10 pick). We still have Metcalf, A.J. Brown or Butler all of whom some wanted in the first round. Some projected 

 

and we get a 2nd next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dustin said:

 

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/23/15398184/2017-nfl-draft-creating-a-brand-new-nfl-draft-value-trade-chart

 

"In other words, a team could trade a fourth round pick in 2017 and reasonably expect to receive a 2018 third round pick on the market. A current fifth is worth a future fourth. No one really wants future seventh round picks because they hold almost no value.

This valuation of future picks is a representation of time value of money, which means that a draft pick now is worth more than the same draft pick in a future year."

 

What do I win

 

Ballard just mentioned in his press conference that he liked picking up a future 2nd.

 

You better send him this article quick. I don't know where he came up with his logic for assessing the trade value of draft picks but it must not be Pats Pulpit. He needs to understand how to properly value these future draft picks before another trade like the one made tonight is made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

And the people complaining sound like toddlers.

 

We should just wait and see how it turns out, but nope, it's draft night, so of course the forum is full of :HFire:  :HFire:  :HFire:

I LOVED the trade down. Was praying Ballard got future picks since they are worth more next year and we can "stack" drafts. That's how you sustain winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Its dumb until proven otherwise all I can say is he better hit on those second rounders.

 

Or it's smart until proven otherwise.

 

In other words, let's just wait and see how it all turns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Anyone think we take DK now with three 2nd round picks?

I hope not.  I don’t get the hype around him.  Honestly, if they go WR the guy I hope they get is A.J. Brown.  He reminds me some of Reggie and I think that’s what the Colts need to go with TY.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

Ballard just mentioned in his press conference that he liked picking up a future 2nd.

 

You better send him this article quick. I don't know where he came up with his logic for assessing the trade value of draft picks but it must not be Pats Pulpit. He needs to understand how to properly value these future draft picks before another trade like the one made tonight is made.

 

Not an argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I get the impression Ballard wasn’t really in love with anyone there.  This is what you do if you aren’t in love with a guy when it’s your turn to pick.

The trade back is solid. I have a feeling we will select an OT with one of those picks in RD 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dustin said:

 

Not an argument. 

 

Correct. It's a suggestion. He needs to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

Any ideas who could be our 2nd rd Darius Leanard this year?

Ben banogu. Keep an eye on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

You're an argument.

 

whew lad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

You're using a Patriots website as a resource, so....

 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

The trade back is solid. I have a feeling we will select an OT with one of those picks in RD 2.

Taylor or Ford would be incredible at 34.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

The trade back is solid. I have a feeling we will select an OT with one of those picks in RD 2.

That’s where I thought Ballard was going earlier this week when he talked about the LT spot.  He seemed to be hinting AC isn’t the long term answer there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only part of the trade I disapprove of was me wasting my time watching. Other then that I'm ok with it.

 

This draft broadcast also had me bored as well. Tough night being a Colts fan :grumpy2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krunk said:

The trade back is solid. I have a feeling we will select an OT with one of those picks in RD 2.

Yes!!! Someone else noticed!

 

Thanks for the sanity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I hope not.  I don’t get the hype around him.  Honestly, if they go WR the guy I hope they get is A.J. Brown.  He reminds me some of Reggie and I think that’s what the Colts need to go with TY.  

Picking up AJ Brown and Chauncey Gardner Johnson, or Juan Thornhill in Rd 2 would be real solid. If not AJ then my boy Paris Campbell or Andy Isabella.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Four2itus said:

Yes!!! Someone else noticed!

 

Thanks for the sanity. 

Yep, two solid O-Lineman still on the board. Getting one would be a coup! Taylor or Ford! :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s where I thought Ballard was going earlier this week when he talked about the LT spot.  He seemed to be hinting AC isn’t the long term answer there.

AC is 30. Of course he isn’t the long term solution.But getting someone to develop that can take his spot in a couple years is smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the job Ballard and his scouts have done so far I'm surprised at all the belly aching.  We will tear up the second day.... Just watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t be surprised if we really do trade that 34th and end up with 5 seconds tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

After the job Ballard and his scouts have done so far I'm surprised at all the belly aching.  We will tear up the second day.... Just watch.

As soon as I saw trade down, I knew what was coming. The entitlement astounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMET:

 

 Maybe we should at least wait until the draft is over before we start getting so emotional that we start turning on each other...... WHOOPS......: too late!

Yeah that doesn't work here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Don’t be surprised if we really do trade that 34th and end up with 5 seconds tomorrow.

Get em all for next year too! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say the Colts come out of this with the following:

 

34.  OT - Ford or CB Williams or CB Murphy 

 

46. S - Rapp or DE - Winovich or WR - Brown 

 

59.  CB - Love or CB - long or WR - Bonkin 

 

plus have a second rounder next year?  

 

I think most would have signed up for that at 26, 34 and 59 without the trade.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

AC is 30. Of course he isn’t the long term solution.But getting someone to develop that can take his spot in a couple years is smart.

That’s my point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ballard has said it is about getting the right players for the colts. He doesn’t care what media hype they get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...