Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts trade out of first round

CR91

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard clearly saw a lot of guys there who will fill a need and is confident they can get one of them with the Jets picks plus maybe one with the pick they got from the Redskins plus add a pick for next year in the process.  Not bad.

I think he sees a lot of second round value right now and saw pretty much all of the guys he was willing to pick at 26 move off the board early. I'm still amazed that people didn't see this coming. He has continued and continues to preach stacking picks. More darts to toss at the board = more chances to land a bullseye. He landed a couple last year, no? I'm going to sit back and watch the magic. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Love the move stack the picks the value in players just wasn’t there for us at 26 couldn’t agree more honestly.. Not to mention the Colts “guy” they probably had their eyes on can be drafted day two so potentially you end up with the guy you already wanted plus another 2nd & 2nd next year i’ll take it.

1 minute ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Drop 20 spots back for next year's 2nd rounder? Lmao, that's not good.

Seems like a panic move after everyone they like went off the board.

Wrong. We still have pick 34. Probably saw one of the 8-9 guys we wanted would still be available due to the run on bizarro picks early on. Might as well trade back and get an extra second. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think he sees a lot of second round value right now and saw pretty much all of the guys he was willing to pick at 26 move off the board early. I'm still amazed that people didn't see this coming. He has continued and continues to preach stacking picks. More darts to toss at the board = more chances to land a bullseye. He landed a couple last year, no? I'm going to sit back and watch the magic. 

Apparently ballard sees 2nd round value next year

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

Trade chart is outdated by about 10 years now. Also a future 2nd is valued as a 3rd rounder not a 2nd

And how did you come up with that logic? Do you really see the redskins making the playoffs or winning more then 8 games?

• Like 1