Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most improved player

Jeremy Waldon

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

In my opinion it would have to be Braden Smith drafted as a guard and now starting RT and handled JJ Watt like a vet tackle. I think he has made huge gains and is going to only get better and more consistent.

Just wanting to give some credit to guys who have stepped up and owned there positions, there has been alot of players to do this and I beleive this is the best rounded group of guys the Horseshoe has had in a long time

I love Braden Smith.  He certainly has improved, but I don't know about most improved because I thought he was already pretty good from day 1.

I'd give my vote to Quincy Wilson.  I dreaded any time a qb threw to his side of the field.  He's solid now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbear said:

I love Braden Smith.  He certainly has improved, but I don't know about most improved because I thought he was already pretty good from day 1.

I'd give my vote to Quincy Wilson.  I dreaded any time a qb threw to his side of the field.  He's solid now. 

I hardly see teams throwing at Wilson. They mostly throw to Desir or Moore. That says a lot.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I hardly see teams throwing at Wilson. They mostly throw to Desir or Moore. That says a lot.

I never did a count yet, but the eye test seems to indicate that.  Maybe it's his built or the way he shadows his man early (when you can still see him on the screen), but he reminds me of Richard Sherman in that portion of coverage. 

12 minutes ago, cbear said:

I never did a count yet, but the eye test seems to indicate that.  Maybe it's his built or the way he shadows his man early (when you can still see him on the screen), but he reminds me of Richard Sherman in that portion of coverage. 

Wilson is physical and long which really makes it difficult to get a pass over him especially if you can't win with your route running ability.

I'm not going to count the rookies, since there is not a previous NFL season to compare to this year for them.

So, with that in mind, I would consider Moore and Hunt.  But, to me, Ebron is the most improved, because he's surpassed his TD reception total this year compared to all his previous seasons at Detroit.  Yes, he still drops a pass here and there, but that has improved over his past seasons.

I think Reich and Luck have done a great job of building Ebron's confidence this season. He drops a pass, but they keep going right back to him to allow him to make catches and reduce the number of drops.  I feel like the Lions would stop passing to him after a drop.

• Like 1

How can it not be Eric Ebron?  Dude has balled out.  Has drops and they're frustrating, but I think at this point we can say that it's just his tremendous upside outweighs them and we're willing to roll the dice.  Detroit wrote him off, he wasn't highly sought after in FA until he was the last best option remaining several days after the first wave of FA signings, which included Jimmy Graham and Trey Burton.  There was no reason to think he'd be pro bowl caliber, nor was he paid like it was expected.  Best FA signing this offseason, no doubt.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Did you see the game without him on the field against the GIANTS???

I know he is a fan favorite on this board, however he misses assignments on pass plays where I see number 50 running after a back catching a pass from behind several times this season. I just don't think he as as good as many on this forum do.

31 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I know he is a fan favorite on this board, however he misses assignments on pass plays where I see number 50 running after a back catching a pass from behind several times this season. I just don't think he as as good as many on this forum do.

I don't know what his assignments are for passing, but I saw some dump offs to the right side of the Colt's defense to the running back.  Considering we have allowed the least amount of points in the post season, I'll take it.

Mack, Lenard , and over course, Luck deservers mention, along with  the coaching staff, Players that are new, buying in to our ," The team concept". We have exceeded any expatiations  of any body that rated us, as finishing last before the season began.   I think the offensive line is the main reason that we have got to the point that we are. We should be glad that we have built an offensive line of this magnitude, that allows us the luxury to have a good ground game, and time in the pocket. Just goes to show regardless of talent, that a good offensive  line can make everyone look good! ak "running back, QB wide receiver, Tight end, etc....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Mack, Lenard , and over course, Luck deservers mention, along with  the coaching staff, Players that are new, buying in to our ," The team concept". We have exceeded any expatiations  of any body that rated us, as finishing last before the season began.   I think the offensive line is the main reason that we have got to the point that we are. We should be glad that we have built an offensive line of this magnitude, that allows us the luxury to have a good ground game, and time in the pocket. Just goes to show regardless of talent, that a good offensive  line can make everyone look good! ak "running back, QB wide receiver, Tight end, etc....

Our D-Line get some credit too IMHO.  We are stopping the run, which is crucial come playoff time.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cbear said:

I guess i looked at how Braden started at tackle and was not good at all, at first i never wanted to see him play tackle again. Now he can handle and control the best DEs in the game( JJ Watt) just an amazing job by this O line all around

Just trying to think of someone different....Ryan Kelly.

He has simply been phenomenal this year and his connection and communication with Luck has been a major factor in our success IMO.  

I think last year may have been hampered by injuries, particularly a prolonged time in the concussion protocol, but the guy is an integral player for us now.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

In my opinion it would have to be Braden Smith drafted as a guard and now starting RT and handled JJ Watt like a vet tackle. I think he has made huge gains and is going to only get better and more consistent.

Just wanting to give some credit to guys who have stepped up and owned there positions, there has been alot of players to do this and I beleive this is the best rounded group of guys the Horseshoe has had in a long time

How bout ‘Stone hands’ Ebron ?