Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ok so a random thought occurred to me

NorthernBlue

There is like so many similarities leading up to this game as there was to the Jaguars game that it low key bothers me haha 

2 weeks before that Jags game, Colts blew out the Titans in a game many thought would be a close affair. They followed that up with a close, come from behind win against Miami where they trailed by 2 scores and won very late. They then went into that Jaguars game facing a backup QB and many thought they'd walk to a win. They proceeded to lose. 

Flash forward to week 15 (2 weeks ago), Colts kill the Cowboys in a game many thought would be a close affair. They followed that up with a close, come from behind win against a New York team where they trailed by 2 scores and won very late. Now we go into SNF favoured by most to beat the Titans, and oh would you look at that, we might be playing their backup QB. It's almost the exact same script.

Obviously all of this means absolutely nothing. But man it was too coincidental for me to ignore haha. I see lots of posters getting hyped for this game, but lets not hand ourselves a dub just yet. That's a dang good Football team in Tennessee and this is the same Colts team that lost to the Jags AND the Jets. Our team is very good. So is theirs. It's gonna be a battle. Let's hope they learned their lesson from last time :thmup:

• Like 9

We have played good football at home this year. On the road, has been a different story. 

The entire team has to play their fullest and take advantage of any opportunities. A road game at night is no easy task no matter who you are facing. 

I think the team has learned some lessons from the Jacksonville game in terms of when to be aggressive and when to take what the game gives you. This could be a low scoring affair. 

On top of everything else, both teams will have to deal with ridiculous low quality refereeing. 

• Like 1

If we can at least get a couple 1st downs our 1st series, i'll feel much more relaxed.  Even if no points are scored.

A 3 and out throws too much momentum (and field position) instantly to the other team.  And sparks a fire in the home crowd.

In the Giant game, it took a while for them to look comfortable.

• Like 3

I definitely don’t think this games gonna be easy but this isn’t the Jaguars defence, so you don’t know what you’re gonna get. It can be a really good day for the offense or a tough day out for em. As long as the colts go into this game marginally healthy they’ll come out with a win.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I haven't read anyone's comment that says this game will be easy.

No game in the NFL is easy, but I'll be the first to say it. I honestly am fully confident that we win this game by at least a TD. We match up well against the Titans, and their defense is missing their best player. The tandem of Reich/Luck is too strong for us too lose such an important game on Sunday Night Football.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The more i think about it.  The more I like our favor in this game.   Titans lost their stud on the line last week.  And their LB'ers are strong and good tacklers, but not meant to run down speed.  Reich is going to exploit this.  

As long as Luck is protective of the ball, and not throw into tight coverage, I actually do thing this might be an easier win than people think.  I just wish Kelly could play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

you've missed a bunch then.  Lots of people cite Luck's record against TN, or the score in the first game etc. say that we should walk them.  We wont.  It's gonna be a dog fight and then some

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

The more i think about it.  The more I like our favor in this game.   Titans lost their stud on the line last week.  And their LB'ers are strong and good tacklers, but not meant to run down speed.  Reich is going to exploit this.  

As long as Luck is protective of the ball, and not throw into tight coverage, I actually do thing this might be an easier win than people think.  I just wish Kelly could play.

I don't think its gonna be easy. I do think Mariotta playing HELPs the colts defense. At least in game planning. As for the game itself, I think we're gonna see 2 desperate dogs,fighting over the same bone. I fully expect there to be some big hits, some emotional penalites, especially in the 4th. Whoever wins, I just hope they're healthy enough for the following week.  The other thing is, the Titans, like the Colts, have beaten teams they shouldn't and lost to teams they shouldnt have. Really, they aren't much different than us in many areas.  Its gonna be a cardiac arrest type game folks so have that defibrillator handy.

• Like 2

It is funny reading it like that. Good breakdown and this will absolutely cross my mind during the game and leading up to it. 

Essentially this is a road playoff game that the QB has been injured and would look like a miracle win if Mariota gets this win. That crowd is going to be loud and hostile, so we will need our best game of the season.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

This is a playoff game on the road.    Those are never easy.

Yep, exactly. This will be a whole new Titans team this time and will be a tough game. I'm a little nervous that it's a primetime game. Hopefully any nervousness is out the window.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I did.  From the same people who thought we could kill LA in our opener last year ‘even with a backup QB’.  And the same people who said ‘if you’re worried about playing a lousy Bengals team...’.

I could go on.  And I could name names, but they embarrass themselves enough without me adding to it.  

• Like 3

It's pretty simple, there is one playoff berth on the line so both teams will be leaving it all on the field.  I'm happy we're the SNF game, but it's going to be tough waiting through the whole day for this one!

I guess we can scoreboard watch to see what happens to Baltimore and Pittsburgh and Houston.

Who cares if someone thinks we'll have an easy game or not? Team is 8-1 after that Jets game, I can't blame someone to be confident for our chances Sunday night. If the team's play is affected by what some person on an internet forum says, then we have a problem far deeper here....

Go ahead and name names. I said it too. Reich and company will have this team prepared on Sunday.

• Like 1

Honestly, this should be an easy game, considering the matchup and how we normally do against the Titans. We beat them 38-10 earlier this year, and they only scored garbage-time points. There is no argument that can convince me that them playing at home is worth 4 tds. Colts will win 31-14 or something to that extent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ManningGM said:

Who cares if someone thinks we'll have an easy game or not? Team is 8-1 after that Jets game, I can't blame someone to be confident for our chances Sunday night. If the team's play is affected by what some person on an internet forum says, then we have a problem far deeper here....

Go ahead and name names. I said it too.

Lol!  I doubt anyone thinks fans opinions have any bearing on a game.  We’re speaking to how some opinions have little basis in fact, or take in all the information.  

A person could have an opinion that the world is flat, as some do.  That’s their right.  And it’s my right to think they’re...challenged.  

Its up to you to decide who’s opinion you value more.  Make sense?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Honestly, this should be an easy game, considering the matchup and how we normally do against the Titans. We beat them 38-10 earlier this year, and they only scored garbage-time points. There is no argument that can convince me that them playing at home is worth 4 tds. Colts will win 31-14 or something to that extent.

@ManningGM this is a perfect example. Jared May turn out to be right, and apparently there’s no convincing him otherwise.  

He doesn’t think that the Titan shutting out the Giants in NY, while we beat them by one point at home means anything.  He doesn’t believe that the way the Titans are playing now is completely different from how they played in Indy, now that they’re Henry-centric.  And that it’s outdoors, in completely different conditions. Etc...

I hope he is right and it’s a repeat of that game, but I won’t be surprised if it’s a nail biter.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

@ManningGM this is a perfect example. Jared May turn out to be right, and apparently there’s no convincing him otherwise.  

He doesn’t think that the Titan shutting out the Giants in NY, while we beat them by one point at home means anything.  He doesn’t believe that the way the Titans are playing now is completely different from how they played in Indy, now that they’re Henry-centric.  And that it’s outdoors, in completely different conditions. Etc...

I hope he is right and it’s a repeat of that game, but I won’t be surprised if it’s a nail biter.  

Henry doesn't make me that worried. We have stopped Elliott and Barkley pretty well, and Henry isn't on their level. Outdoors shouldn't be a problem either. The only worrisome thing is the weather and Kelly being out, but I don't think that's a 28 point swing. I'm pretty optimistic Vs the Titans. Luck plays them like Hilton plays the Texans. Just my perspective on it.

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I am a firm believer in not going the route of "How team's played in other games"  By that route, Colts should handle N.O. NP...lol

I just think the match-up Vs. the Titans at this point in time, with our roster, and theirs, is in our favor.  However, being on the road, and in an open field does favor the Titans.

I just think we can shut down Henry, and run the ball ourselves, if we don't run directly at them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Henry doesn't make me that worried. We have stopped Elliott and Barkley pretty well, and Henry isn't on their level. Outdoors shouldn't be a problem either. The only worrisome thing is the weather and Kelly being out, but I don't think that's a 28 point swing. I'm pretty optimistic Vs the Titans. Luck plays them like Hilton plays the Texans. Just my perspective on it.

Again, I hope you’re right.  As Luck said, the last game, and the 9 he beat them prior to that, have nothing to do with this game.  

Listening to Holders podcast now.  He said Ebron was the loudest guy in the locker room and that he thinks he’ll play.  Kelly, not so much.  Glowinski looks better.  

• Like 1

One thing that is certain: This game is going to be played at "post-season speed" by both sides. It does concern me a bit that the Colts have so many young players who haven't yet experienced that level of intensity. There are only four players on the roster who were here in 2014, the last time the Colts played in the post-season (five if you count Swoope, who was on the practice squad). I believe that Sheard, Mitchell, and Wilcox are the only other players on the roster who have some post-season experience, albeit with other teams.

I still, however, like our chances. The "kids" on the roster are no longer raw rookies, but now seasoned veterans. And we have a head coach who has been there, done that before.

No matter what the outcome of this game is, we've still had a heckuva run this year, with a team we didn't have much hope for in those first six weeks. 

Go Colts!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I am a firm believer in not going the route of "How team's played in other games"  By that route, Colts should handle N.O. NP...lol

I just think the match-up Vs. the Titans at this point in time, with our roster, and theirs, is in our favor.  However, being on the road, and in an open field does favor the Titans.

I just think we can shut down Henry, and run the ball ourselves, if we don't run directly at them.

I’m a firm believer that how teams played previously have little bearing in predicting the next game.  Jags Colts this season is a prime example.  

To me, it’s matchups. Them missing Casey, Ryan and Walker bodes in our favor, while having their DC helps them.  If Walker plays it’s big for us.  Totally agree about stopping Henry.

• Like 1

I am more confident we will win this as the week has gone on but I do not have it a blow out like many. I think Tennessee will play their rear off. In reality this is a Playoff game and they are at home. I think both Defenses will play well in spurts but Luck is the difference to me. He is better than anyone the Titans can put out there. I see a score like 24-20 Colts so I think we even cover the 3 point spread but this game will be close.

-I got what I wanted from ESPN, NFLnetwork, and the media in general, the Colts finally getting respect. Almost everyone is picking us to win on both Networks. It almost scares me that they may jinx us.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Jared, the Titans running game is better than the Cowboys, Giants lately.
Sorry you missed it. LMAO that outdoors won't make a big difference.
 No Kelly a Big Differnce. 
  Vrabel Isn't like any Titans coach in Andrews Titan past. And He is getting his Team better too.
 Yes i like our chances, but....

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I’m a firm believer that how teams played previously have little bearing in predicting the next game.  Jags Colts this season is a prime example.  

To me, it’s matchups. Them missing Casey, Ryan and Walker bodes in our favor, while having their DC helps them.  If Walker plays it’s big for us.  Totally agree about stopping Henry.

Let me explain quickly why at night on an open field of grass worries me.   T.Y. bum ankle, and multiple players with knee injuries already.  Is it sad I am more worried over the field than I am of the team?

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Anyone that thinks we're gonna walk out of nashville with an easy dub is in a rude awakening. This is gonna be a dog fight

You are correct the Titans are gonna be mad too because we embarrassed them in the last meeting and their fans are gonna be crazy as well. So that's two strikes against us already.  

9 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Yeah, I wish Kelly could play to he makes a big difference. 

Playoff scenario and we are on the road.  Definitely not going to be cake walk.

Although, I would love for the Colts to score early and set the momentum for the rest of the game.  I really hate for us to fall behind and try to catch up. 

Can I just have a relaxing 4 qtrs?  :Gaah:

3 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Let me explain quickly why at night on an open field of grass worries me.   T.Y. bum ankle, and multiple players with knee injuries already.  Is it sad I am more worried over the field than I am of the team?

If I had any kind of leg injury I would prefer to play on natural grass.

59 minutes ago, BOTT said:

If I had any kind of leg injury I would prefer to play on natural grass.

on soft, and possibly wet (due it it being outside and night) I would not.  Turf has the exact same give and take, and the same grip over the entire field.  No surprises.  Where as grass, unevenness, and worn field with divots,and possibly wet or slick conditions, provide a multitude of injury risk's.

6 hours ago, coming on strong said:

the nfl is about match ups . we match up bad with the pats the titans match up bad with us im not to worried .

It's easy to say that now since we've beaten them so often but if they beat us I'm sure they'll be analysis talking about how well they matched up and why they beat us because of that.