Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We will only win one more game this year.

SurfinKal

Just now, pgt_rob said:

Beat the Jags last time with a sketchy fumble call. Then we lost to the Jags with a sketchy call about Swoope not being out of bounds with 3 seconds left. Kinda sucks...

Yeah I am not blaming the REFS for the loss but they did us no favors yesterday. It wasn't just that last call on Swoope, there was a few Penalties on D we got called for that were bogus. That 1 pass play where Andrew had like a 40 Yard completion got called back too and I did not even see the hold. That was a titanic momentum changer. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I am not blaming the REFS for the loss but they did us no favors yesterday. It wasn't just that last call on Swoope, there was a few Penalties on D we got called for that were bogus. That 1 pass play where Andrew had like a 40 Yard completion got called back too and I did not even see the hold. That was a titanic momentum changer. 

Very true. 

8 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

It's possible that we only win 1 more game. There's a few tough teams left to play. We lost against the Jags, could very well lose against a hot Texan team this week, could very well lose against the Cowboys the week after. That would be 3 straight losses. Giants and Titans are probably the easier opponents left.

At Jags: Loss

At Texans: Loss

Cowboys: Loss

Giants: Win

At Titans: Win

I think we beat Houston but I agree with the rest. I still have us 9-7. After Luck getting shutout he is going to be steamed next week and out to prove something. Texans are due for a loss as well.

• Like 1

Lot's of woulda, coulda, shoulda from yesterday. More than usual in fact. I have to imagine Frank will take the points and tie's going forward. Gambling away profit isn't going well for him. 

They really missed Kelly and Doyel's blocking yesterday and I'm kind of concerned that if things aren't perfect and the team is at full strength, then the team is more the 1-5 squad that's close-ish than the 5-0 team the doesn't give up QB hits.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Lot's of woulda, coulda, shoulda from yesterday. More than usual in fact. I have to imagine Frank will take the points and tie's going forward. Gambling away profit isn't going well for him. 

They really missed Kelly and Doyel's blocking yesterday and I'm kind of concerned that if things aren't perfect and the team is at full strength, then the team is more the 1-5 squad that's close-ish than the 5-0 team the doesn't give up QB hits.

I thought Kenny Rogers was the Gambler lmao In the remake Frank plays his part :funny:

17 hours ago, jeepnkal said:

Book it. 

I’m just curious: is this thread based on some supernatural knowledge of the future? Or are you just disappointed because of the loss?

I’ll tell you what you can book:  the Colts win only win one game, as you say or they could win 2,3 or 4. 

The players and coaches haven’t given up. Neither have some fans. BOOK IT!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad we beat Miami because they have the same record as us.

I still think it's bogus that they are ahead of us in the standings when we beat them head to head.  Strictly because they have a better division record than us.  They have at Minnesota, vs Jax and at the Bills.  I don't think any game is a give me.  Colts really need to win out to get in imo.

9 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I still think it's bogus that they are ahead of us in the standings when we beat them head to head.  Strictly because they have a better division record than us.  They have at Minnesota, vs Jax and at the Bills.  I don't think any game is a give me.  Colts really need to win out to get in imo.

That Miami schedule is depressing.    It's very possible that the Dolphins get the second wild card.  

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

naw.

I sure hope not.   They are quietly a decent team. 

Good wins over the Titans, Bears and Pats.

Bad losses to the Lions, Bengals and Packers.  

They played the Colts well.     They really have an easy schedule to end the season with the Jags and Bills.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

That Miami schedule is depressing.    It's very possible that the Dolphins get the second wild card.  

Have you seen what happens to teams after they beat New England they fall right off a cliff. I doubt they get 1 more win this year that was their Super Bowl. If the Colts win out they 100% are making the playoffs there is no way the Steelers and Ravens both go 3 - 0 these last 3 weeks. If we lose 1 we will need a little help to get in.

20 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Have you seen what happens to teams after they beat New England they fall right off a cliff. I doubt they get 1 more win this year that was their Super Bowl. If the Colts win out they 100% are making the playoffs there is no way the Steelers and Ravens both go 3 - 0 these last 3 weeks. If we lose 1 we will need a little help to get in.

Well - I don't believe there is some kind of Patriots jinx.  Just because other teams haven't done well after beating them is no indication that there is any cause and effect.

As far as the Colts winning out and no way the Steelers and Ravens win out - I bet there are fans of those two teams saying the same thing right now.  The chances of the Colts winning out probably isn't that great. If they do it will be a pretty amazing 9-1 run.  Is it possible? Sure.  But so is any of these other teams getting hot and finishing 3-0.  I am not saying it can't happen but I wouldn't buy my playoff tickets yet.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am still out of LIKES but something else I didn't even factor in was the Steelers. They could easily finish 8-7-1 looking at their schedule and we could get in that way as well. Ravens losing was still huge though.

I dont blame you for missing that i kind of felt forgone that Steelers make it, but youre right their upcoming schedule is pretty brutal and the raiders game was one they needed bad. We definitely still have open routes to the playoffs :headspin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I think they lose at the Vikings, beat the Jags and I honestly think Buffalo can beat them at home.  I guess we'll see though.  As I stated, it'd be nice to see the Colts win out. 

1 hour ago, gspdx said:

Well - I don't believe there is some kind of Patriots jinx.  Just because other teams haven't done well after beating them is no indication that there is any cause and effect.

As far as the Colts winning out and no way the Steelers and Ravens win out - I bet there are fans of those two teams saying the same thing right now.  The chances of the Colts winning out probably isn't that great. If they do it will be a pretty amazing 9-1 run.  Is it possible? Sure.  But so is any of these other teams getting hot and finishing 3-0.  I am not saying it can't happen but I wouldn't buy my playoff tickets yet.

Well said.   Good point about fans of other teams thinking the same way.    I'm sure that they look at the Colts schedule and see 2 teams in the playoff hunt and a Giants team that has won their past 2 games.   Then they say that there is no way the Colts win all 3.  

It should be a fun ride.   Let's beat Dallas to keep the ride going.  

10 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Again How do you like your CROW lets see if you eat it .

They'll take their crow seared and pan roasted with a hint of garlic, five spice powder, dry mustard and some salt and pepper served with a a side of steamed veggies with light garlic butter and mashed potatoes with caramelized onions.  

• Like 1

well, it's very likely we don't make the playoffs, but we gave it a try, the cowboys likely will make it and (IMO), we are better than they are if we played 5 times this year we win 4 of them... sometimes life isn't fair.  the one that takes us out is the Titans game....but we will win more than you say (1 game).....we have so many needs but are making progress. go colts.