Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We will only win one more game this year.

SurfinKal

We're a young team. This was our crash down to Earth moment. We have young, strong leaders, and they'll help this team regroup this week. I think we'll see a better Colts team all-around than we have all season over the next few weeks. Maybe that's just the optimistic fan in me talking. :hat:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Overreact much?

Goodness gracious....      :facepalm:

You should've seen this coming regarding the Posts haha . What a week this will be in here. If we somehow beat Houston then Reich will be COTY again and Luck will be MVP too many. I am really happy with the season so far. The kids have played well, Luck is healthy, and we do not suck like many predicted. We even made it interesting for a Playoff push late in the season. Hats off too Ramsey and the Jags D, they got the better of Luck today. Games like these happen. I remember when the Jets beat Peyton 41-0 in a Playoff game in his 5th season and we seen how Peyton took off after that. Patience is the key as we have such a young team learning on the fly. This season we have actually learned how to win a bit. 

• Like 4

The game did highlight how much we need a power back who can break the first tackle.  Like Turbin in his prime. Someone good for that two yard carry.

And, as we all know, one more quality WR.  

This is a good team, with a few pieces from being a contender.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You should've seen this coming regarding the Posts haha . What a week this will be in here. If we somehow beat Houston then Reich will be COTY again and Luck will be MVP too many. I am really happy with the season so far. The kids have played well, Luck is healthy, and we do not suck like many predicted. We even made it interesting for a Playoff push late in the season. Hats off too Ramsey and the Jags D, they got the better of Luck today. Games like these happen. I remember when the Jets beat Peyton 41-0 in a Playoff game in his 5th season and we seen how Peyton took off after that. Patience is the key as we have such a young team learning on the fly. This season we have actually learned how to win a bit. 

Gotta beat Houston, if nothing else for pride.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The game did highlight how much we need a power back who can break the first tackle.  Like Turbin in his prime. Someone good for that two yard carry.

You hit it on head with the power back sentence.  The AFC South has 3 tuff and rumble defenses and the Colts do need a back that dosen't go down so easy....

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Smonroe said:

As the game was going on Turbin crossed my mind also. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This looks bad right now but if we beat Houston and the Ravens lose at KC then its game on again.

Once i started hearing the playoff talk I knew it was WAY too early to be talking about them especially once the playoff simulator got put out this year and I was like these next 3 weeks so much can happen. We just don't control our destiny now really. However if we win out which could VERY well happen as well as LOSING OUT could happen. But either way you never GIVE UP especially in a tone setting year like this one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

Once i started hearing the playoff talk I knew it was WAY too early to be talking about them especially once the playoff simulator got put out this year and I was like these next 3 weeks so much can happen. We just don't control our destiny now really. However if we win out which could VERY well happen as well as LOSING OUT could happen. But either way you never GIVE UP especially in a tone setting year like this one. 

Next week is definitely the season and if we lose to Houston we don't deserve to get in anyway because IMO they are a 2nd Tier team. They aren't the Pats, KC, or the Chargers or even Pitt. Next week is for all the marbles and do I believe the Ravens will lose at KC. Luck had never been shutout, college or pro's. Still stunning. He won't let that happen again IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Next week is definitely the season and if we lose to Houston we don't deserve to get in anyway because IMO they are a 2nd Tier team. They aren't the Pats, KC, or the Chargers or even Pitt. Next week is for all the marbles and do I believe the Ravens will lose at KC. Luck had never been shutout, college or pro's. Still stunning. He won't let that happen again IMO.

I agree 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Overreact much?

Goodness gracious....      :facepalm:

Are you surprised?  They always come crawling out of the woodwork after a loss.  Over the next couple of day we will read things like:

"The true Colts showed themselves"

"They came back down to earth"

The 5 game win streak was smoke and mirrors"

Etc.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jeepnkal said:

Book it. 

you all forget... this was a 4-12 team a year ago.  With a new head coach, a TON of rookies starting. People here got all hyped up and assumed playoffs were assured.  We've already over achieved this season being as we were predicted to maybe get 2-3 wins by most experts.   

Even if we were to make the playoffs, it'd be a short venture. We just aren't ready.  I'd rather not repeated the Grigs era of barely squeaking into the playoffs to get knocked out the first game, setting us farther back in the draft. 

Im not advocating a tank by any means. But we're simply a year or two away from a big run.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

you all forget... this was a 4-12 team a year ago.  With a new head coach, a TON of rookies starting. People here got all hyped up and assumed playoffs were assured.  We've already over achieved this season being as we were predicted to maybe get 2-3 wins by most experts.   

Even if we were to make the playoffs, it'd be a short venture. We just aren't ready.  I'd rather not repeated the Grigs era of barely squeaking into the playoffs to get knocked out the first game, setting us farther back in the draft. 

Im not advocating a tank by any means. But we're simply a year or two away from a big run.  

The Houston game will show us everything. Whether we are Average = 8-8 or for real. Yesterday we laid a due egg. Alot of teams do that after winning 5 or 6 in a row. Still shocking we did it vs Jacks but it happened. They do have a Great D.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Houston game will show us everything. Whether we are Average = 8-8 or for real. Yesterday we laid a due egg. Alot of teams do that after winning 5 or 6 in a row. Still shocking we did it vs Jacks but it happened. They do have a Great D.

Im not sure why everyone is so shocked.  Jag's D is literally number 1 against the run and number 3 against the pass going into this week.  It's been their offense that's lost them games more so than their D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Im not sure why everyone is so shocked.  Jag's D is literally number 1 against the run and number 3 against the pass going into this week.  It's been their offense that's lost them games more so than their D.

It's probably because we put 29 on them in the 1st game so what is shocking is scoring 0.

It's possible that we only win 1 more game. There's a few tough teams left to play. We lost against the Jags, could very well lose against a hot Texan team this week, could very well lose against the Cowboys the week after. That would be 3 straight losses. Giants and Titans are probably the easier opponents left.

At Jags: Loss

At Texans: Loss

Cowboys: Loss

Giants: Win

At Titans: Win