Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can't believe Andrew Luck allowed his team to get shut out

GusFring

2 minutes ago, James said:

He is important, but that's not the main reason today.

That's why we lost.  

Jags defense was just that good today. Frank couldn't recognize that and threw away points.  

There's a difference between gutsy and stupid. 

• Like 1

Not just on him but he held the ball too long, should have ran a bit more and that TO was bad.

Our RBs are okay but not dynamic and not good enough to take over games.

O-Line missed Kelly. AC was bad today.

Defense played well but gave up too many easy 3rd conversions 

• Like 3

This is NOT 100% on Luck. Did you see any separation? Did you see how terrible the oline played. We didn’t run the ball the last 1.5 quarters. We passed on 3 points inside the 5. This is on Reich and the offense as a whole. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He wasn’t alone. There are faults in a lot of areas. Defense mostly did pretty well.

I don’t necessarily fault Reich for going for it. He’s a first year coach who was a former player, QB specifically. He’s gonna wanna go for it. He’s gotta learn and I think he will. I predicted 8-8 and were on pace for that. Had we made the playoffs it would’ve been because we played beyond our means.

All in all, we played bad. It’s gonna happen. Refs didn’t help us and took away a chance for us (however unlikely we would’ve scored) at the end. I feel that will likely change in the near future.

"The coach should have called different plays"

"Andrew should have made better decisions"

"The OLine should have blocked better"

"We need better RBs and receivers"

"All these injuries are to blame"

"The defense shouldn't have allowed Kessler to move the ball"

"The team should have won this game"

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Well I can't leave this out among all the boo-birds here. The Packers lost to the Cardinals.!! No, not the baseball Cardinals, the Arizona Cardinals. All teams have skunk days and for sure the Colts had theirs today. If there is a gram of good in this a good team responds and goes in to Houston and beats them. We shall see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

Andrew was bad today. No doubt about it. 

But two things

1) Everyone else was bad too

2) Without him we're not 6-6

K.  Explain what do u mean Luck was  bad? Give me examples.  I saw a dominant performance from a Jags D. I put this game more on the coaches.  Reich didn't appear to have  his finger on  the pulse of the game.   I could tell by the 1st quarter that points would b hard to come by.   He didn't play the field position game. I had a feeling going into the half that we wouldn't score a td.  Their D was suffocating, it happens.  We embarrassed their D the last time we played.  It was pay back.  I feel Ebrons 4th down play was huge.  Did u not  watch the cowboys dismantle the Saints? Did Brees  have a bad game?  No they juat suffocated him . It happens.....move on.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

K.  Explain what do u mean Luck was  bad? Give me examples.  I saw a dominant performance from a Jags D. I put this game more on the coaches.  Reich didn't appear to have  his finger on  the pulse of the game.   I could tell by the 1st quarter that points would b hard to come by.   He didn't play the field position game. I had a feeling going into the half that we wouldn't score a td.  Their D was suffocating, it happens.  We embarrassed their D the last time we played.  It was pay back.  I feel Ebrons 4th down play was huge.  Did u not  watch the cowboys dismantle the Saints? Did Brees  have a bad game?  No they juat suffocated him . It happens.....move on.

I'm not saying this loss was on him. Far from it. Receivers couldn't get open. The Oline isn't great at all without Kelly. Play calling was suspect. The run game was DOA.

But he wasn't good. The Jaguars played amazing defense today, but Luck missed a few throws, forced that ball early to Ebron on the interception, and I didn't like the lack of urgency in the two minute drills at the end of the half and game (that's a combination of both Luck and the playcalling). 

But you're literally right. It happens. Luck is an amazing player and is gonna bounce back. Today wasn't his day. He'll come back next week and toss 3 more TDs :thmup:

4 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I'm not saying this loss was on him. Far from it. Receivers couldn't get open. The Oline isn't great at all without Kelly. Play calling was suspect. The run game was DOA.

But he wasn't good. The Jaguars played amazing defense today, but Luck missed a few throws, forced that ball early to Ebron on the interception, and I didn't like the lack of urgency in the two minute drills at the end of the half and game (that's a combination of both Luck and the playcalling). 

But you're literally right. It happens. Luck is an amazing player and is gonna bounce back. Today wasn't his day. He'll come back next week and toss 3 more TDs :thmup:

The receivers couldn't get open because they are bad receivers.  TY is it.  The run game was DOA because they are also bad.  What defense is going to be afraid of our RB's?  No one.  The only playmaker we have now is TY.  Those are the sad facts. 

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Well I can't leave this out among all the boo-birds here. The Packers lost to the Cardinals.!! No, not the baseball Cardinals, the Arizona Cardinals. All teams have skunk days and for sure the Colts had theirs today. If there is a gram of good in this a good team responds and goes in to Houston and beats them. We shall see.

Well the Packers fired their HC...so not sure that is a good example.

8 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

The bolded upsets me that you'd say that. Luck should of been playing like his life and career depended on it this game. We put together a 5 game winning streak, were at 6-5 and a realistic chance of making the playoffs. Andrew is smart enough to know the playoff scenarios, he knew there was no room for error. He played the worst game of his career. Not 1 point. More than likely eliminated the Colts from the playoffs yesterday for himself, his teammates, and all the fans who have supported this team throughout his career and their lives. I don't care if breaks the td record next week. The damage is done. He blew it! We are most likely eliminated unless a miracle happens, and there's nothing to root for anymore unless you solely are looking at the young players to continue improving or have nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon. My interest level went from a 10 and having fun, to a 1, not caring at all and having the wind sucked out of me. Luck can't redeem himself this year. He blew it! No reason we can't score more than 6 points to win this game. Very disappointed in this team.

14 hours ago, #12. said:

There goes the MVP candidacy.

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

There goes coach of the year.

well, a lot of things went out the door this game.  The season in particular.  Playoffs will be a future goal.  Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, including the playoffs next year.  That's why you "should" play each season as if it's your last.  This season and team were architect-ed for another time-frame, not 2018-2019.  A missed opportunity.