Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Eberflus

Pacergeek

However good the defense looked, at the beginning of the season, was fools gold. Just got shredded by a Rookie QB. Cover 2 is obsolete. Way too easy to game plan. Helped out Darold with it’s simplicity. Oklahoma had the guts to fire their D Coordinator after losing to Texas. Colts should follow their lead 

• Thanks 1

How many points did they get off turnovers and short fields?  20-23?  Going for it on 4th in our own end was essentially another turnover.  

They weren't great, but they weren't as bad as the final score would indicate.  The D also got two turnovers on the opponent's side, but we only got 6 points off of them.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

However good the defense looked, at the beginning of the season, was fools gold. Just got shredded by a Rookie QB. Cover 2 is obsolete. Way too easy to game plan. Helped out Darold with it’s simplicity. Oklahoma had the guts to fire their D Coordinator after losing to Texas. Colts should follow their lead 

Please stop, everyone has a right to an opinion but you sir are full of complete non sense. I could only imagine what you say about the Pacers. Maybe stick to basketball. 

Defense has been on the field a lot.... And isn't filled with the most talented players. Not sure it's a coaching issue.

Also, I don't think anyone on this forum is qualified to tell anyone what defense schemes the Colts should or shouldn't run Anyone with that type of knowledge is an NFL coach, and is too busy to be posting on fan forums. But I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Earlier today, it was Fire the Strength and Conditioning coach!     Now, it's Eberflus.

Hey,  it's a Two-fer for you!

In real life you must have some serious anger management issues.

Most posts for you are how you're so unhappy with someone or something.

Someone has to be fired!      Someone has to start feeling the heat.     Someone has to be cut off the roster. 

And by the way,  it's not just in-season.   Out of season,  it's why didn't we draft someone else.   Why didn't we sign some free agent.    

Post after post after post.........   you're so unhappy.

I hope someday you're able to enjoy this team.    It must be miserable to be so miserable all the damn time.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Earlier today, it was Fire the Strength and Conditioning coach!     Now, it's Eberflus.

Hey,  it's a Two-fer for you!

In real life you must have some serious anger management issues.

Most posts for you are how you're so unhappy with someone or something.

Someone has to be fired!      Someone has to start feeling the heat.     Someone has to be cut off the roster. 

And by the way,  it's not just in-season.   Out of season,  it's why didn't we draft someone else.   Why didn't we sign some free agent.    

Post after post after post.........   you're so unhappy.

I hope someday you're able to enjoy this team.    It must be miserable to be so miserable all the damn time.....

The Posts will be bad now all week by the usual's. I am not going to let it bother me because I have to admit we aren't that good right now. I have no defense against the negativity coming. I thought we could go at least 8-8 this season but doesn't look good as of now. I have patience though and figured we wouldn't be a Playoff team until next season in reality. I was hoping for 9-7 but it isn't happening. This upcoming offseason (draft and Free Agency) will be critical to this teams success moving forward. I mean critical, do you agree? At least Luck looks 90% healthy and should be 100% healthy next season moving forward.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Posts will be bad now all week by the usual's. I am not going to let it bother me because I have to admit we aren't that good right now. I have no defense against the negativity coming. I thought we could go at least 8-8 this season but doesn't look good as of now. I have patience though and figured we wouldn't be a Playoff team until next season in reality. I was hoping for 9-7 but it isn't happening. This upcoming offseason (draft and Free Agency) will be critical to this teams success moving forward. I mean critical, do you agree? At least Luck looks 90% healthy and should be 100% healthy next season moving forward.

I agree that Luck is looking better.    Though some of this throws left something to be desired.   His overall arm strength is looking better,  which is what I've been hoping for.

I'm afraid I don't see a much different approach in the 19 FA season.   I see us being very selective.   I suppose it's possible that Irsay asks Ballard to be more aggressive in FA one year sooner.   I think the goal was to get aggressive in 2020.    But if we finish something like 6-10,  I could see Irsay asking Ballard to advance his timetable a little bit.

I still don't see him signing guys like Bell or Bryant.    Way too much money and (for Bryant)  not nearly enough production.     I also see defense being the main focus in the first two days of the draft,  with offense being the main focus on Day 3.     But that will change in 2020.

Just my two cents...

• Like 1

Guy only has mostly backups and backups to backups to work with.  Frankly, these calls to fire coaches and the GM so early in their regime are just pure idiocy.  Successful teams don’t turnover the staff every time the wind blows in the opposite direction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree that Luck is looking better.    Though some of this throws left something to be desired.   His overall arm strength is looking better,  which is what I've been hoping for.

I'm afraid I don't see a much different approach in the 19 FA season.   I see us being very selective.   I suppose it's possible that Irsay asks Ballard to be more aggressive in FA once year sooner.   I think the goal was to get aggressive in 2020.     But if we finish something like 6-10,  I could see Irsay asking Ballard to advance his timetable a little bit.

I still don't see him signing guys like Bell or Bryant.    Way too much money and (for Bryant)  not nearly enough production.     I also see defense being the main focus in the first two days of the draft,  with offense being the main focus on Day 3.     But that will change in 2020.

Just my two cents...

Yeah 2020 is very important too, I think we need to nail the next 2 offseason's actually. I figured Dez would never happen and I am ok with that. I would love Bell here but it isn't happening either IMO.

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

How about scoring in the first quarter? Look at their dismal record for failing in the first 15 minutes going years back.

Why do you make an observation about this year's team,  and then compare it to what we've done for the last 15 years.

In that time we've had several different coaches and several different GM's.    The problems we have this year are not connected to similar problems in previous years.    Each year is unique.   The problem may be the same,   but the reasons are typically different.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why do you make an observation about this year's team,  and then compare it to what we've done for the last 15 years.

In that time we've had several different coaches and several different GM's.    The problems we have this year are not connected to similar problems in previous years.    Each year is unique.   The problem may be the same,   but the reasons are typically different.

You said 15 years not me!

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I know this is a troll thread but I have more issue with the personal than the coaching.  

Leonard is a keeper.  Everyone else is replaceable.

No i say leonard hooker and harrison and wilson is keepers everyone else is replaceable

8 minutes ago, Indy1996 said:

No i say leonard hooker and harrison and wilson is keepers everyone else is replaceable

Hooker shows flashes he needs to be more consistent.

i am not sold on any cornerbacks on this team.  They get burned by the same plays over and over.  How many slants have the Colts seen this year?  How many have been 10 to 20 yard gains.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After the last 2 weeks, Jacksonville should fire Ramsey and Bortles :banana:

If they fire Ramsey, I say the Colts should hire him.  However, I do not have the same feeling for Bortles, some other team can hire him.