Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mathias Farley to IR; More Injury News

TKnight24

32 minutes ago, stitches said:

wth, what happened to Farley? I didn't think his injury was this serious? 

This is all beyond ridiculous. The Colts continue to be a walking MASH unit.  Brittlest team in the NFL. (I know they are probably not but it sure seems like it.  Frustration talking.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Injuries are a funny thing: some are due to poor conditioning, some are a result of the nature of football and the size/speed of modern players and some just bad “luck”.

And while some teams that are healthier than others, there are no teams that are immune. 

If there is a bright side, it is that some players that wouldn’t normally be getting playing time, are gaining that experience and building depth.

Maybe some will stick next year and we will hopefully add some critical pieces.

It stinks to have so many players hurt but it could be worse.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Injuries are a funny thing: some are due to poor conditioning, some are a result of the nature of football and the size/speed of modern players and some just bad “luck”.

And while some teams that are healthier than others, there are no teams that are immune. 

If there is a bright side, it is that some players that wouldn’t normally be getting playing time, are gaining that experience and building depth.

Maybe some will stick next year and we’ll have depth.

It stinks to have so many players hurt but it could be worse.

Actually, I would take issue with the first part. There are very few poorly conditioned NFL players in this day and age.  I challenge you to name me one injury this year that is a result of a player being poorly conditioned.