Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We can be 4-4 heading into bye

Stephen

Just now, Archangel said:

if we can get healthy by the time we play the jets we can possibly get to 4 and 4 heading into the bye, the schedule looks favorable and the team has fight in them.

Pascal screwed up the comeback. I Think if we get healthy we may be able to take the pats the next time we meet. Tyquan lewis, a rapidly inproving turay, ridgeway, mack and hilton

• Thanks 1

It sucks and losing to the Pats sucks but I mean come on. It was comical going into it with how many guys we were missing.

Time to get healthy. This right here was the toughest part of the schedule. Now it gets easier. Let's start with getting healthy. Then lets move on to the Jets. One game at a time. 

• Like 1

You know it’s bad when the national commentators talk about how beat up our team is and at halftime mentioned Colts are in “survival mode”  going into the second half. It was THAT ridiculous.

Hope the team has a restful mini-bye, because no win is going to come easy. But, I believe we’ll still end 7-9.

The next THREE WEEKS is the KEY part of our schedule.    If this season has a shot at 8-8 (my prediction) or better (the view of some here)  then we have to make our move right now.

The guys get a few days to rest up...

And then we face the Jets IN New York.    We host Buffalo.     We face the Raiders IN Oakland.

In a perfect world,  with some good health,  we could win all three.   We certainly would like to win two,  but three is doable.

Do that,  and we're 4-4 at the bye week.   

If you're a serious Colts fan,  the next three weeks are going to be very telling toward how the 2018 season will look when it's all over....

• Like 1

I have bad memories of this team playing the Jets and Bills. 

Can't discount any of the teams we are facing. Jets have a young QB who can make mistakes but also carry his team to victories. The Bills have a QB who is a roller coaster that can either lose the game or win in big fashion (Vikings game). The Raiders could be sitting at 1-6 by the time we face them, so they'll be very desperate to win another game for skipper Gruden. 

If we play COMPLETE games with few mistakes, we win all three. 

• Like 1

Even if we somehow got to 9 wins, getting to the playoffs might be tough.

- Gave away the tie.  That alone might be decisive.

- Lost to the Bengals.  Good chance we would be competing against them for a spot.

- Already have 3 AFC losses.  Only win is NFC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Even if we somehow got to 9 wins, getting to the playoffs might be tough.

- Gave away the tie.  That alone might be decisive.

- Lost to the Bengals.  Good chance we would be competing against them for a spot.

- Already have 3 AFC losses.  Only win is NFC.

Unless we win out the remaining division games....

Lots of optimism here.   Gotta love that.

It would be great to be 4-4, but realistically I don't think this is a team that can knock off 3 wins in a row. 

The playoff talk is a bit crazy in my opinion.  Getting ove .500 is going to be a challenge. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Lots of optimism here.   Gotta love that.

It would be great to be 4-4, but realistically I don't think this is a team that can knock off 3 wins in a row. 

The playoff talk is a bit crazy in my opinion.  Getting ove .500 is going to be a challenge. 

I def think over .500 is possible if we get healthy and eliminate the mistakes

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The next THREE WEEKS is the KEY part of our schedule.    If this season has a shot at 8-8 (my prediction) or better (the view of some here)  then we have to make our move right now.

The guys get a few days to rest up...

And then we face the Jets IN New York.    We host Buffalo.     We face the Raiders IN Oakland.

In a perfect world,  with some good health,  we could win all three.   We certainly would like to win two,  but three is doable.

Do that,  and we're 4-4 at the bye week.   

If you're a serious Colts fan,  the next three weeks are going to be very telling toward how the 2018 season will look when it's all over....

This ^ you couldn't have said it any better!

• Thanks 1

Tough to criticize a team with so many injured players. How do you say how good/bad they are until they get a full staff. How do you coach a team with the second stringers playing? Even with the stragglers the Colts are going down fighting, so what does that say about the coach?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Next 3 teams all stink. If Reich cannot find a way to win all 3 games, he should be getting some serious heat. For all the hype about his innovative offense, the play calling in the red zone has been garbage

I think we will win the next 3 games and get back in the hunt but then again I thought there was no way we would lose to Houston and we still found a way to blow that.

1 minute ago, Pacergeek said:

Next 3 teams all stink. If Reich cannot find a way to win all 3 games, he should be getting some serious heat. For all the hype about his innovative offense, the play calling in the red zone has been garbage

Completely and utterly clueless.   

Demanding that a coach,  ANY HC win the next three games in a row or he should “get some heat” is just pure nonsense. 

Thats not the way life in the NFL works.

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Tough to criticize a team with so many injured players. How do you say how good/bad they are until they get a full staff. How do you coach a team with the second stringers playing? Even with the stragglers the Colts are going down fighting, so what does that say about the coach?

Bravo!!

Nicely said!!    Well done!!

:colts:

16 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

The Colts are 10th in the league in redzone scoring (TDs only) at just over 63%. 

Once again your perception does not match reality.

12 hours ago, CamMo said:

You know it’s bad when the national commentators talk about how beat up our team is and at halftime mentioned Colts are in “survival mode”  going into the second half. It was THAT ridiculous.

Hope the team has a restful mini-bye, because no win is going to come easy. But, I believe we’ll still end 7-9.

I would rather see 1-15 than 7-9.  At 7-9 you're not going anywhere anyway, but it's enough to keep you out of the top five draft picks. If you're gonna suck, at least suck big, root for Arizona, and shoot for that #1 pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

I would rather see 1-15 than 7-9.  At 7-9 you're not going anywhere anyway, but it's enough to keep you out of the top five draft picks. If you're gonna suck, at least suck big, root for Arizona, and shoot for that #1 pick. 

A top 5 pick doesn't guarantee you will get a great player. Unless you need a QB, drafting in the Top 5 is a crapshoot and then that still is. We drafted Leonard in the 2nd Round for example, Nelson went 6th overall. Although Leonard and Chubb don't play the same position, Leonard has been clearly the better player so far. Almost everyone in here was doubting Leonard when we picked him and thought Chubb was the 2nd coming of Reggie White (Chubb still may be but Leonard is playing like a Top 5 pick right now). With having Andrew Luck as our QB I really don't care where we Draft as long as we have at least 7 picks and a pick in each round. We picked Hooker at 15 too.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A top 5 pick doesn't guarantee you will get a great player. Unless you need a QB, drafting in the Top 5 is a crapshoot and then that still is. [snip]

It doesn't guarantee that you'll get a great player, but you'll sure get some interesting offers from some QB-hungry teams. Depending on the desperation level of your trading partner you could wind up with quite a haul. But even a QB isn't a guaranteed success. You might get a Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck, or you might get a Ryan Leaf or a Jamarcus Russell. 

• Like 1

I listen to the NFL Ringer on podcast and Lombardi is a regular; I enjoy his feedback.  He is not always right but at least he gives solid reasons for wat he believes in.  He was actually impressed with how the Colts played.  Says the Colts have a bright future.   He said it will just take a couple of drafts to get from under Grigson's legacy of poor drafts.

24 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

It doesn't guarantee that you'll get a great player, but you'll sure get some interesting offers from some QB-hungry teams. Depending on the desperation level of your trading partner you could wind up with quite a haul. But even a QB isn't a guaranteed success. You might get a Peyton Manning or an Andrew Luck, or you might get a Ryan Leaf or a Jamarcus Russell. 

I agree. You just never know with the Draft. The only time in my 35 years as a fan that I can remember wanting us to lose was in 2011 once we got to 0-8. Once we got to 0-8, I knew the seasons was over and Andrew Luck was there waiting at #1. Just a rare circumstance for me because I am not a tank guy. Even in 1997 when were 0-10 I wasn't even thinking about tanking or the chances of getting Peyton. I guess because Luck was talked about so much and social media has become so big over the last 10 years I was aware of how Great Luck would be. Luck still has the potential to be a great Pro. He's actually had a Good career so far, Good record and Good Stats. I think moving forward we are in solid hands with him. He played Great last night in reality.

9 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Can we talk about the games after the bye Jags twice, Tenn, Phins all are 3-1 

Jags lost to Tennessee at home and only scored 6 points so they are beatable. Tennessee is ok but beatable as well - they are not close to Great. Dolphins are 3-1 but just got blitzed by the Pats 38-7 and Tannehill is MEH IMO. Every team we play over the next month and a half is beatable.

• Like 1