Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What are you expecting?

coltsfeva

This game is going to be interesting: I just heard Kyle Brant (GMFB) say he sees the Eagles winning big. 

Our fan forum, for the most part, sees a tight game with the Colts having a chance to “steal one”.

I can see it several ways:  the Eagles moving the ball and playing great defense to win easily, a tight game with either team winning or the Colts dominating and winning big.

The Eagles fan forum raised the question of who was the creative force behind their championship: Reich or Pederson?

The fans/atmosphere will be intense but I’m hoping Reich has a great plan to shock the world and give the Colts a W.

• Like 5

I think if we were at home we would have a legitimate chance but, being on the road and Wentz being back means I think just a bridge too far right now for this growing team.

I will say it will be a great opportunity for our rookies to go up against a phenomenal test and see where they are.

I predict something like 24-20 Eagles, but another strong performance.

• Like 2

I hope the Eagles run an offense similar to what we saw in DC. Short passes to get Wentz comfortable since he has not played at all. Our D is built for that and will allow for some good stops as long as we stay disciplined. They are down a lot of offensive weapons and this can help us. We just need to be ready on the offensive side because they have a good D. I like Reich in this matchup. He seems to prepare well.

14 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I hope the Eagles run an offense similar to what we saw in DC. Short passes to get Wentz comfortable since he has not played at all. Our D is built for that and will allow for some good stops as long as we stay disciplined. They are down a lot of offensive weapons and this can help us. We just need to be ready on the offensive side because they have a good D. I like Reich in this matchup. He seems to prepare well.

Doug Pederson doesn't play that way, he is not conservative at all like Jay Gruden and Alex Smith. If he has Wentz in the game, he will roll out and take plenty of 20 yard shots, IMO. They would even go max. protect and force us to play single high safety to run from it, and take shots down the field. While Wentz may be a bit rusty, I don't think it will last more than a quarter. I think they were working out the rust in the first 2 games in practice, as much as possible without game action. 

Our run D will definitely be tested for sure, they like to run multiple TE formations like we do as well.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Doug Pederson doesn't play that way, he is not conservative at all like Jay Gruden and Alex Smith. If he has Wentz in the game, he will roll out and take plenty of 20 yard shots, IMO. They would even go max. protect and force us to play single high safety to run from it, and take shots down the field. While Wentz may be a bit rusty, I don't think it will last more than a quarter. I think they were working out the rust in the first 2 games in practice, as much as possible without game action. 

Our run D will definitely be tested for sure, they like to run multiple TE formations like we do as well.

Yea the run D will for sure be tested. I see what your saying and can agree but I just see the 1st quarter being a short route type offense. Get him comfortable and get Matthews back involved. Aghlor will be running crossing routes as well but probably looking at 10+ yards. Regardless I hope we get in some favorable matchups and take advantage of their lack of key players.

I’m not sure about creativity, but from watching interviews following the “Philly Special”, I think Pederson is the guy that makes the risky play calls. Reich is definitely about smart play calls, just not sure how risky/tricky they’ll be.

I am one of the few who do not see Wentz coming back as a good thing for the Colts. We are going to need a baller game from Andrew Luck. Those huge chunk plays will need to show up this week. :goodluck:

If the Luck and Hilton deep ball connection happens, plus the same defensive performance, good night. 

If Luck and the defense play lights out we can beat any team. 

After the Bucs game, I expect Luck to take a few more shots down the field to challenge the corners and safeties, and I expect Reich and Eberflus to ramp up the creative playcalling. 

We should be prepared for the Eagles. The question is will be Eagles be prepared for us?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Linda Linda Linda, we have yet to see our offense click to it's potential. Whether we like it or not Luck has been knocking the rust off. The kids gone a year and people seem to forget how good that dude was. He has put the team on his back since being drafted. He's a fricken beast and I'm just waiting for him to break out again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If the Luck and Hilton deep ball connection happens, plus the same defensive performance, good night. 

If Luck and the defense play lights out we can beat any team. 

After the Bucs game, I expect Luck to take a few more shots down the field to challenge the corners and safeties, and I expect Reich and Eberflus to ramp up the creative playcalling. 

We should be prepared for the Eagles. The question is will be Eagles be prepared for us?

Did we just become best friends?!?

• Like 3

I hope we win so bad. So tired of hearing how much respect Wentz gets and how little Andrew Luck gets. Wentz is on a team where Nick Foles stepped in and won the super bowl, and he has only played a season and a half. Every where I go, from Madden to Twitter, to forums, I see Wentz held in higher regard than Luck. 

Go Colts! 

• Thanks 1

I want to see a team that stays competitive.  Not as worried about a "W" but want to see a team that THINKS they can win.

I guess that is how a feel about the whole year.  I want to see a team that is growning, developing, and gaining confidence that they can compete for a win every week.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I hope we win so bad. So tired of hearing how much respect Wentz gets and how little Andrew Luck gets. Wentz is on a team where Nick Foles stepped in and won the super bowl, and he has only played a season and a half. Every where I go, from Madden to Twitter, to forums, I see Wentz held in higher regard than Luck. 

Go Colts! 

Exactly! Luck carried the whole team without an O-line and a D while Wentz has/had supporting cast.  I doubt if you put Wentz in Luck's situation, he wouldn't be able to do the same thing Luck did.

Yes, I'm also hoping we win by a margin.

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

The Eagles fan forum raised the question of who was the creative force behind their championship: Reich or Pederson?

The fans/atmosphere will be intense but I’m hoping Reich has a great plan to shock the world and give the Colts a W.

Here's the link for any one interested:

http://forums.philly.com/discussions/Eagles_Forum/Discussions/Starting_to_think_it_was_Frank_not_Pederson/kr-eagles/190733.1?dbg=6&nav=messages

On a sidenote, that is the ugliest NFL fan forum that I've ever laid eyes on. The fonts alone make me never want to go back. We have it pretty good here folks.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Devildog said:

Exactly! Luck carried the whole team without an O-line and a D while Wentz has/had supporting cast.  I doubt if you put Wentz in Luck's situation, he wouldn't be able to do the same thing Luck did.

Yes, I'm also hoping we win by a margin.

Wentz in Luck's situation would equal the 2018 Seahawks situation with Russell Wilson. 

• Like 1