Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack freakin Doyle... SMH

GusFring

37 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Nope.  Holding Mixon under 100 yards and Dalton to 229 ain't a bad deal.  I'll take that for this young defense.  They were very active, swarming to the ball.  Leonard had a really good game and I thought Q actually did a decent job against Green.  Yeah, the Q comment is definitely debatable.

We just made mistakes at key times of the game.  That's really what lost it for us.  We allowed them to extend drives and Andrew's turnover in the Red Zone didn't help either.  Neither did the 3 and out after they scored.

Plenty of things to correct on both sides of the ball.

The only thing that held Mixon back was the number of carries.  

• Like 4

Stuff happens and Jack is a solid possession tight end but he “jacked” the game off for us today.  A similar play got Griff Whalen ran out of town...  No fear of that for Doyle but if he starts to fumble more often, Ebron needs that spot...  Oddly, most of Luck’s poorest throws were thrown to Doyle...

Regardless, Ebron & Rogers needed more targets. Especially in that 2nd half when our offense bogged down.  Frank tried to get Ebron on the field with heavy sets but he should have gotten some of Doyle’s single tight end reps.  

Luck and Reich will only get better with time.  Luck looked pretty dang solid hanging in the pocket and going through his progressions. Or even 3 step drop & get the ball out quick and on target.   Just more Ebron & Rogers please Frank & Andrew. 

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Agree.  Posts like this make me think they're made out of anger and any assemblanse of logical thinking.  Doyle has proven his toughness.  He has been known to fumble, but to call him soft?  Nope.

we needed a td make the catch and fall down and run the next play , those two * after the catch just take time off the clock

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Nope.  Holding Mixon under 100 yards and Dalton to 229 ain't a bad deal.  I'll take that for this young defense.  They were very active, swarming to the ball.  Leonard had a really good game and I thought Q actually did a decent job against Green.  Yeah, the Q comment is definitely debatable.

We just made mistakes at key times of the game.  That's really what lost it for us.  We allowed them to extend drives and Andrew's turnover in the Red Zone didn't help either.  Neither did the 3 and out after they scored.

Plenty of things to correct on both sides of the ball.

I do agree, I honestly thought they played pretty well but as you said, just made critical mistakes at the wrong time.  Correctable for sure.  The D actually surprised me.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

Very frustrating Jack Doyel brings his fumbles from last year into this year.. Andrew Luck is driving down this field and fires a strike on 3rd and 15 which to me would have been a first maybe a manageable 4th and 1 and guy returns it for 83 yards.... I won’t blame the entire game on him but that play was huge

He cost the colts the game but defense did us no favors in this game either.

11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He cost the colts the game but defense did us no favors in this game either.

He didn’t cost the game. Good grief. Even if he holds on to the ball and gets the 1st down, there is not guarantee we get a touch down, which we had to have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

He didn’t cost the game. Good grief. Even if he holds on to the ball and gets the 1st down, there is not guarantee we get a touch down, which we had to have.

Good chance could have scored a touchdown good grief well into the red zone and he fumbled effectively ended the game so yes he did cost them the game whether you want to see it that way or not.

5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Good chance could have scored a touchdown good grief well into the red zone and he fumbled effectively ended the game so yes he did cost them the game whether you want to see it that way or not.

It was one of many plays that cost is the game.   Whether you want to see it that way or not

• Like 3

Can't blame Doyle.   He was clobbered by two guys.  It happens.  It shouldn't have come down to that.   Penalties effect most games.  Today our stupid penalties and a phantom penalty were to much for our team to overcome.  The Bengals were able to overcome theirs.  They are a good team you know. 

54 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well into the red zone? He caught the ball at like the 20. We would have been barley into the red zone....maybe to the 15. That is not a guaranteed touch down for this team. 

The fumble came at a horrible time, we all agree on that. But putting this all on Doyle is ridiculous. GOOD GRIEF!!!

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well into the red zone? He caught the ball at like the 20. We would have been barley into the red zone....maybe to the 15. That is not a guaranteed touch down for this team. 

The fumble came at a horrible time, we all agree on that. But putting this all on Doyle is ridiculous. GOOD GRIEF!!!

They hadn't stopped the colts in the redzone all day to that point but whatever it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

They hadn't stopped the colts in the redzone all day to that point but whatever it is what it is.

They hadn’t? Seems to me like I remember an interception in the red zone. 

The only other time I remember being in the red zone was TD to TY. I can’t recall if we were in the red zone on Ebron’s TD. 

Bottom line is it still wasn’t a guarantee that we would of got the TD. There were to many other things that went wrong I that game, like Lucks INT in the red zone, to pin it on a Doyle. Yea it was a contributing factor.

8 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

They really peed the game away.  Should’ve been an easy win.  

Com'n.....I know you know better. Two substitute tackles, first game for the QB in forever, against one of the better Dlines in football. New coach, new coordinators, and new schemes.

How was this suppose to be an easy win?

When someone else makes a mistake let’s see if they get the same pass that everybody on here wants to give Doyle.  Or is that pass only reserved for personal favorites???  Because if TY had fumbled and cost us a chance to win the game, he’d be getting blamed and most would be saying how he’s not a number 1.  Or imagine if it was Hines?  Would he get a pass?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

When someone else makes a mistake let’s see if they get the same pass that everybody on here wants to give Doyle.  Or is that pass only reserved for personal favorites???  Because if TY had fumbled and cost us a chance to win the game, he’d be getting blamed and most would be saying how he’s not a number 1.  Or imagine if it was Hines?  Would he get a pass?

plenty of blame to go around, doyle deserves some  of it

i dont expect greatness this year, but the way they lost was a bad look.  dumb penalties by several guys, secondary getting beat badly on greens td, and yes the turnovers by luck and doyle 

8 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Horrible D.  Hmm...not sure which game you were looking at but it wasn't this one.  D made a few mistakes when it counted, but to say the defense was horrible is just not true.

And factor in the youth aspect, and I personally think the Defensive unit as a whole is showing promise. Let em’ develope some chemistry, and we all may be smiling sooner than later. And if today’s return of Treebeard is any indication, he doesn’t have much rust to knock off. Plenty of effort overall though. We were just outplayed at certain positions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I don't think anyone would say that about TY as he has shown that he is. Hines is a rookie, the expectations are not high. Doyle has shown he can play, he's had 181 receptions and only 4 fumbles over six years and that's including this one. Let me see you take an unguarded helmet to the chin and see if you don't drop a ball.

Chill dude.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

That is a silly argument.   This would be the same no matter who did it.   There were many reasons we lost and lots of things that contributed to it.   We were losing when Doyle fumbled, so he didn't cost us.   We were already behind.   AV's missed FG.   Reich's decision not to go for 2.  Lucks INT.