Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Keanu Neal out for year, how about....

Southside Hoosier Fan

I'm with @Superman - I would much rather roll with what we have and wait until Turbin gets back so that we can have some depth at the safety position.  Farley is reliable and both Geathers and Hooker have been banged up before.

Plus, Farley is vital in the Dime.  You can bring him in and slide Geathers down to a LB spot and have quite a few outstanding coverage athletes on the field.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I'd say offer up Farley straight up for Coleman instead. I don't think you need to involve the 4th rounder. Farley is a decent player and he's still young at 26 years. I'd only make this deal if we know we could retain Coleman to a long term deal in the offseason. 

Atlanta would laugh at this trade. Coleman is much better than a backup safety. One could argue that Tevin is Atlanta's top RB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Atlanta would laugh at this trade. Coleman is much better than a backup safety. One could argue that Tevin is Atlanta's top RB

farley actually graded higher than coleman last year, while coleman was better than any of our running backs

i really dont swear by pff, but i look at it when talking about trades 

13 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

This is a pretty funny comment. Coleman is a backup RB but you talk highly of him versus our backup safety. Confusing I know but they are both not starters...just clarifying.

18 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

No.   One couldn’t argue that.  

You could.  But that’s you.

Apparently you don’t know that their other back, Freeman, is one of the highest paid backs in the NFL —- $8.5 mill per year.    Freeman is their top back, Coleman is their 2nd back.

Not in favor of the trade.   Coleman has a ceiling.   He had Sickle Cell Trait, a lesser version of Sicke Cell Anemia.   He can play with it, but I believe it impacts Coleman to some degree.

I like Farley and our picks.   I’d iAds on this.    Mack will be back soon enough.  Wilkins should be ok.   Hines is the question mark.

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

If Tevin Coleman wasn't an IU guy would he be getting as much love on this board as he currently does?

he would from me, i think hes better than mack and company 

im an iupui-purdue guy so im slightly bias but i dont really follow IU football 

not sure why people are saying this is nuts, farley is a decent safety and coleman is a decent back 

they are pretty even really, Farley rated higher on pff, while coleman was higher on madden.  madden is about speed though and coleman is fast 

23 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Mack and Wilkins are good, but unproven. Who is the third RB? Please don't say Nyheim "The fumble" Hines lol

I am so glad you don't disappoint Geek.  

I can sum up all your posts in a sentence or two.  

"blah, blah, blah, he sucks, blah, blah, blah.

or

blah, blah, blah, they suck, blah, blah, blah.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

or

That is almost entirely accurate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

or

I have gotten used to his non sense but that was poor for even him. Coleman is better than Freeman clearly a person who knows the game. 

Coleman is an IU guy but Farley played at Notre Dame Can the Irish get some love? It's still a bad trade why would we toss in a 4th not mention that it would really weaken our S position. 

Ballard spends a lot of time on evaluating before selecting players. I think he wants to see these guys play. Mack will maybe not proven as an every down guy He has shown his speed translates and looked as explosive as Coleman is at least.  I think his ceiling is higher as is Wilkins

I like Farley, I think he played well and at times very well. 

Why weaken an area of our team that is in decent shape in exchange for a slight upgrade at another position - maybe.  If our line does its job our backs will be just fine. 

Its not always just skill set that makes a player, they have to mesh with teammates and fit scheme too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   One couldn’t argue that.  

You could.  But that’s you.

Apparently you don’t know that their other back, Freeman, is one of the highest paid backs in the NFL —- $8.5 mill per year.    Freeman is their top back, Coleman is their 2nd back.

Freeman is paid, which is why he has to start. Coleman got more carries last night, and scored the TD. I don't really know if Coleman is better, but it's closer than you think. 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Why do we need Coleman? We have three young backs with varied and overlapping skill sets.

We have one young back that's shown some promise, when he's not hurt.  We one back who shows promise, but has done nothing in a real NFL game.  And one young back who's shown nothing...period.

Coleman is a proven NFL RB.  Not saying that we'd get him in a trade, but I am saying we're not exactly strong at RB by any means. 

29 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I like Farley, I think he played well and at times very well. 

Why weaken an area of our team that is in decent shape in exchange for a slight upgrade at another position - maybe.  If our line does its job our backs will be just fine. 

Its not always just skill set that makes a player, they have to mesh with teammates and fit scheme too.

I agree with this, I think in a lot of dime packages they will bring in Farley as the 3rd safety and Farley is pretty good.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We have one young back that's shown some promise, when he's not hurt.  We one back who shows promise, but has done nothing in a real NFL game.  And one young back who's shown nothing...period.

Coleman is a proven NFL RB.  Not saying that we'd get him in a trade, but I am saying we're not exactly strong at RB by any means. 

First, Coleman is a decent back. It's not a ridiculous idea to suggest that any of our young guys might wind up being better. I think the mix we have can easily replicate what Coleman does. 

Second, we'll never know what we have if we don't give them a chance to play. Draft well, develop your players, and see where you stand. 

If Ballard wanted a proven veteran back, he had several options to choose from over the summer. AP and Morris immediately come to mind. They stuck with the young guys to give them a chance. If they fail, upgrade. But they haven't failed yet.

Why does everyone think Reid still has something left in the tank?  How old is he?   I don't know but hasn't he also had a major injury at one time.  He's still out there for a reason.  Wouldn't they be looking for a bonafide starter?   They might be better off signing someone off a practice squad or making a trade.