Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With Keanu Neal out for year, how about....

Southside Hoosier Fan

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

I like Farley, I think he played well and at times very well. 

Why weaken an area of our team that is in decent shape in exchange for a slight upgrade at another position - maybe.  If our line does its job our backs will be just fine. 

Its not always just skill set that makes a player, they have to mesh with teammates and fit scheme too.

I like you too @chrisfarley 

51 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Why does everyone think Reid still has something left in the tank?  How old is he?   I don't know but hasn't he also had a major injury at one time.  He's still out there for a reason.  Wouldn't they be looking for a bonafide starter?   They might be better off signing someone off a practice squad or making a trade.  

Because he's only played 5 years in the league, is 26 years old and therefore in his best years football-wise... he tore his bicep 2 years ago and missed six games because of that, he missed an additional 4 games in 5 years, but no he definitely didn't have a major injury at any time... I'm asking you: why are you pretending Reid still being out there has anything to do with his capabilities on the field or his injury history, while the main reason for him still being out there is so painfully obvious? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Why does everyone think Reid still has something left in the tank?  How old is he?   I don't know but hasn't he also had a major injury at one time.  He's still out there for a reason.  Wouldn't they be looking for a bonafide starter?   They might be better off signing someone off a practice squad or making a trade.  

Reid would classify as a bonafide starter to many. He is only 26 a former 1st round pick from LSU(?). I think the tank is ok. As a rookie he was a pro bowler and made the all rookie team. He has played both S spots and then played some weak side LB for SF last season. the role I think the biggest injury he's had was a torn pec. 

I heard rumor that he wanted to be a starter where ever he signed and that limited his opportunities. He believes he hasn't been signed because he protested during the national anthem. He's probably right. I guess he's filing a grievance against the NFL

12 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Reid would classify as a bonafide starter to many. He is only 26 a former 1st round pick from LSU(?). I think the tank is ok. As a rookie he was a pro bowler and made the all rookie team. He has played both S spots and then played some weak side LB for SF last season. the role I think the biggest injury he's had was a torn pec. 

I heard rumor that he wanted to be a starter where ever he signed and that limited his opportunities. He believes he hasn't been signed because he protested during the national anthem. He's probably right. I guess he's filing a grievance against the NFL

Lots of guys have been signed that knelt during the anthem

1 hour ago, PureLuck said:

Because he's only played 5 years in the league, is 26 years old and therefore in his best years football-wise... he tore his bicep 2 years ago and missed six games because of that, he missed an additional 4 games in 5 years, but no he definitely didn't have a major injury at any time... I'm asking you: why are you pretending Reid still being out there has anything to do with his capabilities on the field or his injury history, while the main reason for him still being out there is so painfully obvious? 

Thanks,  They're a lot of 26 and 27 yr. old players still looking for work.  Too bad about the injuries.   Breeland's injury appears to be holding him up as well.   They both could be asking for a lot of money too.   Teams are always looking for healthy and talented players.  As everyone says it's always about the money. 

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I think most of us think he is good depth at a position that needs depth..  i wish we had his caliber of depth on the oline 

I agree, but the OL and pass rush is the hardest position groups  to have quality depth at. The safety position is the easiest to have depth in. Thats why there are always good safety FA's available. 

Damontae Kazee is replacing Keanu Neal for the Falcons. He stepped in & played pretty well. Had a solid touchdown-saving open field tackle last night. Falcons dropped a 5th rounder in Kazee last year, so best believe Dan Quinn & company will ride him out to see what they've got. Kazee looked good coming out of San Diego State. He was actualluy on my want/watch list for the 2017 draft. 

1 hour ago, Hoosiernsavga said:

I agree, but the OL and pass rush is the hardest position groups  to have quality depth at. The safety position is the easiest to have depth in. Thats why there are always good safety FA's available. 

Well,   Coleman isn't a pass rusher or oline,  so I guess we keep Farley

And then there’s this reason Atlanta would likely balk at this deal....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000958940/article/devonta-freeman-says-hes-fine-after-injury-scare

Like many RBs.... Devonta Freeman has missed his fair share of  time due to injuries..... on one occasion with a concussion after Geathers waffled him.

Why would Atlanta trade their main insurance policy in Coleman... especially following Matt Ryan’s putrid showing on Thursday?

They don’t exactly have an embarrassment of riches at RB.