Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Forged

TKnight24

18 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

That's an ugly * hat. I like the horsepower on the inside... But the front of the cap looks like a fan submitted Photoshop idea.

I'm not a fan either.  Here are some of the other teams' slogans and hats, Big Easy Football?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-hats-unveiled-for-2018-here-are-the-five-best-and-five-worst/

20 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Forged out of steel like a horseshoe I guess. 

Or maybe like a forged check? Maybe this isn't a "forgery", but it's certainly a cruel embarrassment to slap that thing on the head of the guy you just took with Pick #6. At least give him some big shoes and a red nose to wear to complete the outfit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

You know, gotta be honest.... I thought this was just a gimmick for last year, looks like it’s here to stay. So this is what each draft pick will wear come Draft night/weekend. 

:colts:

I appear to be in the significant minority here but........I like it!

Admittedly I think we could have a better slogan, but I think the hat is pretty smart.

Also, to further echo @TheMarine 's sentiments, Reich's gear yesterday was a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I like the “HorsePower” thing, though not the design of the hat.

I dislike the whole “forged” thing ... just way too contrived.  Come on Colts PR people, get it together.

I like Horsepower better as well. 

But I'm a car guy... 

I remember back in July or August, the Titans called the colts out for using it as their slogan. The Titans have had it up on the side of their stadium for a couple years. " Together We Will Forge Ahead " and then the colts followed it up with Colts Forged. Either way, I don't like it. Should have probably stuck with " Making it Personal " 

But on the other hand, I do like the "Horse Power " on the inside of the hat. 

16 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I'm not a fan either.  Here are some of the other teams' slogans and hats, Big Easy Football?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-hats-unveiled-for-2018-here-are-the-five-best-and-five-worst/

Well at least we didn't have the worst one... "Two States. One Team."  ??? 

731f8a2a34306537a25ab697bda2841a.gif

I hate to agree with them, but the Pats "Do Your Job" really is the best one...

:dunno:

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Well at least we didn't have the worst one... "Two States. One Team."  ??? 

731f8a2a34306537a25ab697bda2841a.gif

I hate to agree with them, but the Pats "Do Your Job" really is the best one...

:dunno:

Yeah, there are some slogans that are worse than forged.  I thought the Raider Nation was better than the Pats, but it's just a matter of taste with this.  I wouldn't buy one but, I'm not a fan of the design.  I'm sure they will probably sell a lot though.

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Would I buy that hat? No, just stick with the original horseshoe for me. No need to remodel something that's not broken.

Exactly.  A Colts blue with a white shoe is the only one I wear on a daily bases.

I do have a white one with blue Colts written in cursor with the super bowl emblem on it. (all leather)

I don't wear that one because it's autographed by Tony Dungy across the brim.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly.  A Colts blue with a white shoe is the only one I wear on a daily bases.

I do have a white one with blue Colts written in cursor with the super bowl emblem on it. (all leather)

I don't wear that one because it's autographed by Tony Dungy across the brim.

Sweet. I wouldn't wear a hat Dungy signed either. Nice. 

I like tasteful simple designs that are classic & withstand the test of time regardless of era. Great minds think alike obviously. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

I agree...don't care for any of them, except the Niners, since it's not a silly slogan.  So tired of the use of "Nation" for sports teams...Raider Nation, Cardinal Nation (MLB - even though they are my favorite team), Big Blue Nation (Univ. of Kentucky Basketball), etc., etc.  Not original at all.

My least favorite is Dallas...America's Team, because it's simply not the case.