Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm convinced Belichick is trying to sabotage the Colts drafting Chubb

GusFring

1 minute ago, esmort said:

Need some tinfoil for your hat?

That so called tinfoil allows me to win money on every SB, World Series, and NBA Finals. So if it's tinfoil, I'll continue to wear it and be right all the time and be ahead of everyone else who genuinely doesn't know what may be going on. I'll be crazy, but I'll be the crazy one making money that no one else is making.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Imrryr said:

It doesn't look like Bruce Lee so no, I have never watched much in the way of Fighting stuff much at all. WWE, MMA really old fighting movies, etc. completely clueless lol. 

It is WWE/WWF. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. You were close! :) 

“Yo , Chubb , it’s Bill Belichick, you know, the greatest of all time. Think you could do me a solid and not sign with those losers?” 

Chubb: B-b-but I’ve been waiting my whole life to be drafted , and the Colts seem like a great place to begin my journey. Wouldn’t it destroy my reputation and break a millions rules if I did that? Couldn’t I risk ruining any chance of playing in the NFL and living my dreams?

Bill : Yeah , whatever, we’re on to Cincinnati.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

It is WWE/WWF. Ricky the Dragon Steamboat. You were close! :) 

Lol well, at least I tried. On topic though, if he has done it before its possible bb will do it again. I don't know I won't be surprised either way. Although Chubb doesn't seem the type to pull the no signing nonsense from his interviews.

Just now, Trueman said:

“Yo , Chubb , it’s Bill Belichick, you know, the greatest of all time. Think you could do me a solid and not sign with those losers?” 

Chubb: B-b-but I’ve been waiting my whole life to be drafted , and the Colts seem like a great place to begin my journey. Wouldn’t it destroy my reputation and break a millions rules if I did that? Couldn’t I risk ruining any chance of playing in the NFL and living my dreams?

Bill : Yeah , whatever, we’re on to Cincinnati.

I doubt Belichick would talk like that. He's a lot smoother than you give him credit for. Just the fact that you are having him talking like a goof gives more credit to me rather than you.

So that's the deal. Chubb signs with us after we draft him, I apologize on a thread to everyone. If we draft him and he demands a trade or refuses to sign, then everyone on this thread has to apologize to me on a thread after the draft when that happens. I have no more to say on this matter as it's going nowhere. Have a nice night guys.

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That so called tinfoil allows me to win money on every SB, World Series, and NBA Finals. So if it's tinfoil, I'll continue to wear it and be right all the time and be ahead of everyone else who genuinely doesn't know what may be going on. I'll be crazy, but I'll be the crazy one making money that no one else is making.

Definitely tinfoil is magic like that. I carry a roll everywhere. 

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I doubt Belichick would talk like that. He's a lot smoother than you give him credit for. Just the fact that you are having him talking like a goof gives more credit to me rather than you.

Just stop JC.

Not only does BB possess you he has taken away your sense of humor too.

4 hours ago, LockeDown said:

It did seem weird how BB was front and center with Chubb at his pro day.  I kinda thought something was going on too. 

Maybe he watched the tape, thinks Chubb is trash, & is trying to use reverse psychology to pressure Ballard into using our 6th pick on him. As crazy as that sounds, I’m actually being somewhat serious

6 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Belichick don't stand a chance at getting Chubb he will be gone long before the patriots pick even if we don't draft him.

Its not about the patriots drafting him, rather increasing interest in him so he is drafted before us by another team.

Not hard to understand. May not be true, but not hard to understand.

Don't listen to haters and plebeians @Jared Cisneros

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are missing my point CrazyOne. I don't think he wants to draft him at all. I think the entire purpose of watching him during that pro day was to convince him not to sign with us and try to take advantage of him because he's young to further push his agenda with us. It may or may not work, and we may retain his rights, but it would still hurt us if we had to trade him for pennies on the dollar because he held out, and that's what Belichick is trying to do.

If that were the case, I'd be vindictive as heck and make him sit for as long as he holds out. I'd take the loss of the pick to ensure he gets zero cash for however many years. 

This thread has ventured deep into fantasy land...  :facepalm:

Well let me join in on the insanities...  

Like Steam said up thread, I could see Belichick hyping up Chubb for 1 of 2 reasons:  to get others (Giants) to draft him before we can or he doesn’t actually think he’s that great and may believe others (Davenport or Landry) will ultimately be better and hopes we take his “approval of Chubb” to the bank and draft him rather than the other two.

If the latter scenario is the correct one, my money would be on Landry as the player he doesn’t want us to get...  He’s been playing right in Belichick’s backyard at B.C. And Bill probably has seen a lot of that kid...  I do not believe he’s trying to get a player to hold out.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

That's what the OP is getting at. Increasing interest to ensure he goes before us.

I thought something was up too, but the way everyone is treating Jared, I decided not to enter the fray.  However, I'm thinking more along your lines. He is driving interest in him.  I have never seen him take front and center attention like this.  Not his style. However, his style is to do whatever it takes to win.  Remember, there were teams citing that he stole their  scripted plays from the locker rooms and some people don't think he can play pre draft mind games???

4 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Maybe he watched the tape, thinks Chubb is trash, & is trying to use reverse psychology to pressure Ballard into using our 6th pick on him. As crazy as that sounds, I’m actually being somewhat serious

That's plausible for sure and highly likely 

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh boy....

Tinfoil hats for everyone.

The fact that so many are actually buying into this ridiculous notion is sad. 

He wouldn't even have to go to the trouble of coming up with some scheme since it appears he is messing with some people's heads without even trying. 

He will be retired before the Colts are good enough that he would consider wasting his time with nonsense like this. 

The off-season is not treating Colts fans well... the paranoia and insane ridiculousness have been growing the closer to the draft we get. :argh:

If you actually watch clips of the workout they set up the drills and the same coach instructs all players who will participate and takes them through the drill. The fact that select clips show Belichick instructing and talking to Chubb means nothing more than he was one of the players who Belichick was tasked with instructing. I wonder why noone is saying - oh, boy, Bill really is trying to make Justin Jones and Kentavious Street not sign with the Colts. wth is this insanity? 

Do you really need someone to spell it for you why a coach of an NFL team would talk to a player even if that player is out of reach right now? Last year the Colts talked to Solomon Thomas even though there was zero chance we were going to get him. Do you think 49ers or Bears fans were like "damn, Chris Ballard really is trying to make Solomon not sign with us"... 

Oh for the record - right after the pro-day the Colts had a dinner with Chubb... 

inb4 - sure he had another lengthy interview with Colts... to tell them Bill convinced him to not sign with the Colts so they shouldn't bother. :facepalm:

3 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I thought something was up too, but the way everyone is treating Jared, I decided not to enter the fray.  However, I'm thinking more along your lines. He is driving interest in him.  I have never seen him take front and center attention like this.  Not his style. However, his style is to do whatever it takes to win.  Remember, there were teams citing that he stole their  scripted plays from the locker rooms and some people don't think he can play pre draft mind games???

He's coached players through positional drills on Pro days before.

New England's coach seemed to take special interest in Coates' drills, even stopping to offer the wideout words of encouragement on one occasion.

Wright felt the pressure to perform in another area, however; he and fellow defensive linemen Angelo Blackson went through positional drills, which were run by Belichick himself.

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/sec/article18203717.html

But Belichick wasn’t done with Cunningham after the quizzes during the meeting. He paid particular interest in Cunningham during positional drills during the Vanderbilt Commodores’ Pro Day, and coached the young linebacker through drills.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/17/bill-belichick-grills-zach-cunningham-in-meeting-coaches-him-during-pro-day-drills/

It could be just that Belichick is a guy who loves football and respects good players.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That's what the OP is getting at. Increasing interest to ensure he goes before us.

What Belichick does and don't do with Chubb has exactly zero to do with what the Giants will do.

If the Giants take Chubb it sure as hell ain't because Belichick had anything to do with it.

The Giants have owned the Patriots so they are not scared of Belichick like some possessed fans are right here in this forum.

4 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

This thread has ventured deep into fantasy land...  :facepalm:

Well let me join in on the insanities...  

Like Steam said up thread, I could see Belichick hyping up Chubb for 1 of 2 reasons:  to get others (Giants) to draft him before we can or he doesn’t actually think he’s that great and may believe others (Davenport or Landry) will ultimately be better and hopes we take his “approval of Chubb” to the bank and draft him rather than the other two.

If the latter scenario is the correct one, my money would be on Landry as the player he doesn’t want us to get...  He’s been playing right in Belichick’s backyard at B.C. And Bill probably has seen a lot of that kid...  I do not believe he’s trying to get a player to hold out.

Or... maybe he is creating relationships and scouting bank with elite players in case they someday hit free agency and his team wants to get said player. 

8 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I can see Denver taking Nelson or a QB. Their O-Line is horrible and Keenum is only signed for two years. I think Chubb is low on their list IMO.

Two things to remember BPA nobody knows how high players are on teams boards and you can never have enough pass rushers .

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What Belichick does and don't do with Chubb has exactly zero to do with what the Giants will do.

If the Giants take Chubb it sure as hell ain't because Belichick had anything to do with it.

The Giants have owned the Patriots so they are not scared of Belichick like some possessed fans are right here in this forum.

Currently the record is tied 3-3 since Belichick has been the coach of the Patriots. It is naïve to think that other gm's, coaches, scouts, etc., do not take notice when Belichick praises players, or any other coach that shows interest in players for that matter. Belichick added to the perceived value of Chubb, there is no denying that. Any other coach or analyst who praises Chubb will also be adding to his value.

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Or... maybe he is creating relationships and scouting bank with elite players in case they someday hit free agency and his team wants to get said player. 

This ^^^^^

Bill makes trades for former 1st/2nd round picks who dont pan out with their original teams all the time. Hes doing his due diligence now so that down the road he knows what he can get out of him should the opportunity present itself for him to get Chubb for pennies on the dollar. 

Why this is even a debate is beyond me.... 

9 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think a FAR more likely scenario - he said it as a compliment because there is no chance the Pats get to draft him.  In no way trying to play Jedi Mind Tricks on anyone.  

From here on out, this thread will be about the activities that would be a more realistic theory of what Belichick is doing with his time than scheming ways to sabotage the Colts.

I'll start.

Converting both offensive and defensive playbooks from English to interpretive dance.

1 minute ago, Jaric said:

From here on out, this thread will be about the activities that would be a more realistic theory of what Belichick is doing with his time than scheming ways to sabotage the Colts.

I'll start.

Converting both offensive and defensive playbooks from English to interpretive dance.

Following the excellent instructional video series by Nick Offerman on how to build your own canoe: