Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm convinced Belichick is trying to sabotage the Colts drafting Chubb

GusFring

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Currently the record is tied 3-3 since Belichick has been the coach of the Patriots. It is naïve to think that other gm's, coaches, scouts, etc., do not take notice when Belichick praises players, or any other coach that shows interest in players for that matter. Belichick added to the perceived value of Chubb, there is no denying that. Any other coach or analyst who praises Chubb will also be adding to his value.

Super bowls- Giants 2-0 / Patriots 0-2  Nuff said.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So out of my entire post, you reply only to the most irrelevant part of the conversation?

Thanks for proving the point of the rest of my post. 

There was nothing to prove.

So BB talked and helped Chubb at his pro day and you make something out of it that has no bearing on the Giants. Period. Now prove your point?

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

There was nothing to prove.

So BB talked and helped Chubb at his pro day and you make something out of it that has no bearing on the Giants. Period. Now prove your point?

You brought up the giants in this because you assumed that it was to influence the giants picking him and then went on about then owning the pats. My entire point has always been that belichick, whether by intentionally sinister motivations or collaterally through genuine help of draftee's, has increased teams interest in chubb.

Now whether it could be the giants, or could be someone else who wants to move up before 6 position to draft him, idk.

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

You brought up the giants in this because you assumed that it was to influence the giants picking him and then went on about then owning the pats. My entire point has always been that belichick, whether by intentionally sinister motivations or collaterally through genuine help of draftee's, has increased teams interest in chubb.

Now whether it could be the giants, or could be someone else who wants to move up before 6 position to draft him, idk.

What BB did at NC pro camp with Chubb has exactly zero to do with other teams interest in Chubb.

It has already been shown that BB does this with other players at other camps in the past.

You act like BB is the only GM in the NFL and the other GMs in the NFL revolves around him.

A total pile of horse dung.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

What BB did at NC pro camp with Chubb has exactly zero to do with other teams interest in Chubb.

It has already been shown that BB does this with other players at other camps in the past.

You act like BB is the only GM in the NFL and the other GMs in the NFL revolves around him.

A total pile of horse dung.

So again, you completely ignored parts of my other post where I said that other coaches, gms, analysts, etc., who heap praise upon players will only increase that players perceived value. This is just natural. You jest seem to be dead focused on trying to nail someone to the cross just because they mentioned belichick in a post that's about more than belichick. If you can't see that my post is fairly reasonable and logical, then idk what to tell you.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

So again, you completely ignored parts of my other post where I said that other coaches, gms, analysts, etc., who heap praise upon players will only increase that players perceived value. This is just natural. You jest seem to be dead focused on trying to nail someone to the cross just because they mentioned belichick in a post that's about more than belichick. If you can't see that my post is fairly reasonable and logical, then idk what to tell you.

Belichick doesn't have magical powers over other GMs no matter what you think. What he does at a pro camp has exactly zero effect on the players value.

That was the jest of your comment. Don't back out now with twisting your comment into something I did.

I am not trying to nail anyone to the cross. That is some pretty childish stuff you come up with to take the issue you made look different.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Belichick doesn't have magical powers over other GMs no matter what you think. What he does at a pro camp has exactly zero effect on the players value.

That was the jest of your comment. Don't back out now with twisting your comment into something I did.

I am not trying to nail anyone to the cross. That is some pretty childish stuff you come up with to take the issue you made look different.

Go look at my other posts again please. You are clearly missing my point. I haven't backed out of anything. If belichik, and in the bigger picture any coach/gm (AS I HAVE CONSTANTLY STATED) says how good a player is, then other teams will take notice. You think that chubb would have as much value if no one was talking about him? No he wouldn't. It doesn't change how good he his (his worth), but that's not what determines value. value is how much you're willing to pay as opposed to worth and is therefore subjective. He wouldn't go as high in the draft or for as much if someone trades up to get him. Belichik is only in this conversation because it started about him, but you clearly can't see the bigger concept of what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Go look at my other posts again please. You are clearly missing my point. I haven't backed out of anything. If belichik, and in the bigger picture any coach/gm (AS I HAVE CONSTANTLY STATED) says how good a player is, then other teams will take notice. You think that chubb would have as much value if no one was talking about him? No he wouldn't. It doesn't change how good he his (his worth), but that's not what determines value. value is how much you're willing to pay as opposed to worth and is therefore subjective. He wouldn't go as high in the draft or for as much if someone trades up to get him. Belichik is only in this conversation because it started about him, but you clearly can't see the bigger concept of what I'm talking about.

Once again you are side stepping your comment about BB interest in Chubb making him worth more or other teams looking closer at him.

Chubb has been rated as high as 2nd or 3rd on early draft boards. Now he has dropped only because of QB needy teams juggling for higher picks.

Once again what Belichick did at N C pro camp has zero effect on how other teams value or look at Chubb.

If you go back a re read your comment that is exactly what you said.

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Once again you are side stepping your comment about BB interest in Chubb making him worth more or other teams looking closer at him.

Chubb has been rated as high as 2nd or 3rd on early draft boards. Now he has dropped only because of QB needy teams juggling for higher picks.

Once again what Belichick did at N C pro camp has zero effect on how other teams value or look at Chubb.

If you go back a re read your comment that is exactly what you said.

No I an not! He commented on chubb, increased perceived value, kiper comments, increased perceived value, and so on.

I don't understand how you can't comprehend this?!? Yes I said belichik because the topic was about him. But I also went on to mention the bigger picture. Im not denying any of it. If you think prominent people talking about players has no affect, then so be it. May not be what fits with reality and how human nature and value works, but hey you're sticking with it.

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

No I an not! He commented on chubb, increased perceived value, kiper comments, increased perceived value, and so on.

I don't understand how you can't comprehend this?!? Yes I said belichik because the topic was about him. But I also went on to mention the bigger picture. Im not denying any of it. If you think prominent people talking about players has no affect, then so be it. May not be what fits with reality and how human nature and value works, but hey you're sticking with it.

Like I said. Chub was rated 2nd or 3rd on the draft boards. If what BB said raised his value any more that would mean he would be higher than Barkley. Sorry, no dice.

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Like I said. Chub was rated 2nd or 3rd on the draft boards. If what BB said raised his value any more that would mean he would be higher than Barkley. Sorry, no dice.

On who's boards? Everyone's? See where I'm going with this?

27 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes I see where you are going with this.

Away from your original comment.

No it relates directly to it. There is room for him to move up on other people's boards, OR increasing the cost it will take to get him.

I keep saying the same thing, and the same thing you are saying that I am saying. How is this confusing to you? You brought up people's boards, if anyone is moving away it is you. I am merely following it and bringing it back around.

Sorry but you're wrong about how you view my position and what I have been saying and you're wrong about how value is determined. I've argued with a dense brick wall for long enough. Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

No it relates directly to it. There is room for him to move up on other people's boards, OR increasing the cost it will take to get him.

I keep saying the same thing, and the same thing you are saying that I am saying. How is this confusing to you? You brought up people's boards, if anyone is moving away it is you. I am merely following it and bringing it back around.

Sorry but you're wrong about how you view my position and what I have been saying and you're wrong about how value is determined. I've argued with a dense brick wall for long enough. Have a nice day.

Read your own words. They are not misconstrued by anyone. They are what they are.

Sad you call me a dense brick when you wont even own your own words.

But, alias it is what it is.

32 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Read your own words. They are not misconstrued by anyone. They are what they are.

Sad you call me a dense brick when you wont even own your own words.

But, alias it is what it is.

I think maybe you should go back and re-read the exchange, from a neutral stand point you come of as being deliberately obtuse. 

Without wishing to put words in @Narcosys mouth he's not saying definitively it would cause teams to reassess but that it could and of course it would. There's all sorts of sports psychology out there showing the effect dominate teams have on other teams, part of why they're so dominate in the first place. If there's a guy you don't rate highly on your board and all of a sudden BB shows interest, you might double check your thinking. Not saying it's what is happening here and I certainly don't think it's a deliberate move by BB. 

What is for certain is that plenty of teams play smoke and mirror games at this time of year. 

15 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

I saw that Belichick was at Georgia's pro day.  What Georgia player is he trying to keep the Colts from getting?

That was just a ruse. He's calling up teams telling them all the QB's suck. He says to go heavy on o-line/d-line picks, but to make an exception for Barkley because he looks bad in blue. I can only assume one thing: Belichick thinks Barkley is going to be a cop.

9 hours ago, Jaric said:

From here on out, this thread will be about the activities that would be a more realistic theory of what Belichick is doing with his time than scheming ways to sabotage the Colts.

I'll start.

Converting both offensive and defensive playbooks from English to interpretive dance.

Jazzercise.

1) It’s not all that uncommon for or teams to meet with players they have no shot at drafting. You’re scouting them for future reference and for the possibility of playing against them.

2) The Patriots don’t have the ammo to go from 31 to top 5 without trading Brady or Gronk.

3) As others have pointed out, maybe this guy is a free agent in 4 years or doesn’t work out for the team that drafts him.

4) All due respect for the past, but do you really think Belichick spends much time thinking about the Colts right now? I mean no offense, but c’mon. Things are trending up for you guys but there were two playoff teams in your division last year that currently stand as more of a conference threat right now.

5) Even 1st round holdouts are rare these days with slotted salaries in place.

4 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think maybe you should go back and re-read the exchange, from a neutral stand point you come of as being deliberately obtuse. 

Without wishing to put words in @Narcosys mouth he's not saying definitively it would cause teams to reassess but that it could and of course it would. There's all sorts of sports psychology out there showing the effect dominate teams have on other teams, part of why they're so dominate in the first place. If there's a guy you don't rate highly on your board and all of a sudden BB shows interest, you might double check your thinking. Not saying it's what is happening here and I certainly don't think it's a deliberate move by BB. 

What is for certain is that plenty of teams play smoke and mirror games at this time of year. 

No big deal SCC. No problems on my side. I just read words and take them for what they say. I guess it's just a difference in not being straight forward in what was said. I tend to say exactly what I mean without beating around the bush. Like I said as far as I am concerned it's old news at this point.

15 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I hear he’s big on making ships in bottles..

That would certainly fit with BB's meticulous personality SCC. Bill's very thorough, deliberate, & calculated. 

I have no idea if you are kidding or not buddy, but this wouldn't surprise me at all. Right up his alley. 

8 hours ago, Cynjin said:

I saw that Belichick was at Georgia's pro day.  What Georgia player is he trying to keep the Colts from getting?

This time it was us keeping players away from the Patriots. Our D-line coach Mike Phair ran the D-line drills at the Georgia pro-day and talked to prospects... he totally was convincing them how horrible New England is and how they should avoid the Pats and if they get drafted they should sit a year and then enter the next draft... until somebody else takes them. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The only Chubb the Patriots have a chance at is Nick.

Maybe BB was confused and had the two mixed up? :D

Then the conspiracy theorists will think that he drafted him so he would influence his cousin(Bradley Chubb) to refuse to sign with the Colts. 

14 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Now the Giants are considering Chubb. Just saying

I think you can make a fairly convincing argument that if they aren’t taking a QB or Barkley they would have traded with the Jets.

I think it would be a mistake on their part to take Chubb at 2 given their situation. Either you take the QB to sit behind Eli for a year or two, or you take the best player in the draft. 

The video of BB working out Chubb did get a lot of press and I would not be surprised if he is talking him up so that someone else picks him, instead of having him fall into our laps at #6. If this is what he is up to, BB would be trying to influence the Giants, the second Cleveland pick, Denver, or someone else to leap frog us. It is interesting that the Bears are now bringing in Chubb for a private work out. Don't forget that BB is a strategic genius and master manipulator.

2 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think you can make a fairly convincing argument that if they aren’t taking a QB or Barkley they would have traded with the Jets.

I think it would be a mistake on their part to take Chubb at 2 given their situation. Either you take the QB to sit behind Eli for a year or two, or you take the best player in the draft. 

I agree but they might want to trade down to #5. They can take the 2nd best player in the draft, or if Browns trade down or screw up the pick, the best player in the draft.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, Nesjan3 said:

i am a fan of trading back for the picks we got but Chubb and Barkley are two players we will be missing out on at 6. Hopefully we can still get Nelson

If 4 QB's go in 1st 5 picks, we should still get Chubb.  The Browns will take Barkley with #4.  But if Chub & Barkley are both gone, frankly I'd be fine with Nelson.