Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm convinced Belichick is trying to sabotage the Colts drafting Chubb

GusFring

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Chubb wasn't the only player at North Carolina's pro day.

Besides, if the Colts draft Chubb and he refuses to play for the Colts he won't play for any team as long as they hold the rights to him. As far as I know Chubb don't play baseball or basketball so he don't have that bargaining chip.

You are correct that Chubb wasn't the only player there. However, Belichick was spending time with him, and there's no reason he should of been with the Pats at 31 unless it involved the Colts for some reason. I have an uneasy feeling about this.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are correct that Chubb wasn't the only player there. However, Belichick was spending time with him, and there's no reason he should of been with the Pats at 31 unless it involved the Colts for some reason. I have an uneasy feeling about this.

If Belichick wants him that bad he would have to pay up pretty handsome for him.

IMO he would have to swap trades and offer up a 2nd and 3rd to get him.

Hell, we got what we got just to move 3 spots.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If Belichick wants him that bad he would have to pay up pretty handsome for him.

IMO he would have to swap trades and offer up a 2nd and 3rd to get him.

Hell, we got what we got just to move 3 spots.

You are missing my point CrazyOne. I don't think he wants to draft him at all. I think the entire purpose of watching him during that pro day was to convince him not to sign with us and try to take advantage of him because he's young to further push his agenda with us. It may or may not work, and we may retain his rights, but it would still hurt us if we had to trade him for pennies on the dollar because he held out, and that's what Belichick is trying to do.

Just now, coltsva said:

New England area is getting another snowstorm tomorrow, so perhaps.....?

hah , Belichick is scouring over AFC East depth charts looking for Brady’s next white receiver.

He doesn’t have time for foolish games like trading up in the draft.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are missing my point CrazyOne. I don't think he wants to draft him at all. I think the entire purpose of watching him during that pro day was to convince him not to sign with us and try to take advantage of him because he's young to further push his agenda with us. It may or may not work, and we may retain his rights, but it would still hurt us if we had to trade him for pennies on the dollar because he held out, and that's what Belichick is trying to do.

If the Colts do draft him it would be us holding the chips, not Chubb if he wants to play in the NFL.

I think you are imagining things as far as BB even tampering with a undrafted player.

If he holds out he wouldn't get paid and I just don't see that happening.

Quit letting the God almighty Patriots and BB get into your mind.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the Colts do draft him it would be us holding the chips, not Chubb if he wants to play in the NFL.

I think you are imagining things as far as BB even tampering with a undrafted player.

If he holds out he wouldn't get paid and I just don't see that happening.

Quit letting the God almighty Patriots and BB get into your mind.

Then why do you think that Belichick was watching him and commenting on him when he isn't drafting him? Also, if he did tamper, he could just say he was scouting North Carolina's players since there are some going in later rounds that the Pats could draft. It happened once with McDaniels, it could very well happen again. These are the things Ballard has to consider and watch out for. As far as money, Chubb could either demand a trade or just not sign and enter next's years draft. We don't own his rights until he signs the contract, and that's what Belichick is trying to prevent IMO.

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

Couldn’t Denver even take Chub?  Aren’t they going to roll with Case Keenum?

Elway may have said, "We got our guy" in the press conference, but I still think Keenum is a short-term solution to the Broncs' desperate QB situation. If Elway was really convinced that Keenum was a long-term solution, they would have given him more than a two-year contract. I would still look for them to take a QB, then let him carry the clipboard and marinate for a season. Keenum is pretty well locked in for two years/$36MM, but with a rookie QB still on a cheap contract you could hand Keenum the clipboard in the second year and the combined salaries are still cheaper than a lot of teams are paying for a franchise QB+a back-up. After that second year, they either sign Keenum to a new, cheaper back-up deal or let him walk. QB problem solved. 

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Then why do you think that Belichick was watching him and commenting on him when he isn't drafting him? Also, if he did tamper, he could just say he was scouting North Carolina's players since there are some going in later rounds that the Pats could draft. It happened once with McDaniels, it could very well happen again. These are the things Ballard has to consider and watch out for. As far as money, Chubb could either demand a trade or just not sign and enter next's years draft. We don't own his rights until he signs the contract, and that's what Belichick is trying to prevent IMO.

Are you serious right now?

2 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

I've been thinking about this possibility a lot. If I'm the Bucs I don't know what's stopping me from doing exactly this.

What the Jets gave up to move from No.6 to No.3 will somewhat set an expensive trend the Bucs may not have draft capital to follow 

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Giants are picking a QB... Its the only way they could turn down a huge trade offer from the NYJ, imo... unless they think they can get significantly more for the pick on draft day... Either way, to me, it's very likely to be a QB taken with that 2nd pick... way more likely than Chubb or even Barkley.

Yep...that's what I am thinking as well. I am sure the NYJ called the NYG before they called the Colts with that offer. They probably would have even sweetened the pot severely to get that 2nd pick. But I think the NYG taking a QB is the worst kept secret...and the NYJ probably have a good idea of who it is, which is why they had no problem trading up to #3.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Speaking of paranoia, I hope they put Belichick on a madden cover so he is out for the season. 

Thank god Brady was on the cover so he injured his thumb. Did you see the size of that gruesome cut? That Superbowl came down to a few plays, so you never know.

37 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lets say this were all true which I don't think it is, how would Belichick even know we are interested in Chubb? Our main priority may be Nelson and who knows Ballard may like Landry better too? Belichick already outsmarted himself once by looking dumb not playing Butler in the SB, maybe he will do it again lmao 

7 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Are you serious right now?

100%. Just because something isn't obvious doesn't mean it isn't being planned. Maybe for you, but Belichick thinks at a higher level, and this is the likely scenario he's planning to screw us over with next. I doubt you thought McDaniels was going to screw us at the last second either. The difference is, I learn from the Colts mistakes, you apparently don't, and you would genuinely be shocked if my scenario did happen again (this time with Chubb instead of McDaniels). 

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Good. Then we either take Nelson or sell Mayfield off to Buffalo for a couple of firsts and a couple of those shiny seconds. 

I truly hope Mayfield (or one of the other 3 QBs) is sitting there at #6. Ballard will sell that pick in a heartbeat, even if it means moving to #11 or #12.

It seems risky to drop back that far, but Ballard can just move back up a couple spots to get a guy he wants with one of his handful of 2nd round picks. 

To me, trading back again has become ideal. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say this were all true which I don't think it is, how would Belichick even know we are interested in Chubb? Our main priority may be Nelson and who knows Ballard may like Landry better too? Belichick already outsmarted himself once by looking dumb not playing Butler in the SB, maybe he will do it again lmao 

Belichick knows we are either interested in Chubb or Nelson at 6. If we trade down, all bets are off. He has a 50/50 shot of being right as of now though and is covering his bases. Also, Belichick sat Butler on purpose to show Kraft he was in charge after Kraft forced him to trade Garrapolo for a 2nd round pick when he didn't want too. That was an ego thing to show Kraft who was in charge, and he could care less if it cost them the SB because he has his legacy and he knew Kraft would never fire him (which he didn't even though he cost them the SB).

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

100%. Just because something isn't obvious doesn't mean it isn't being planned. Maybe for you, but Belichick thinks at a higher level, and this is the likely scenario he's planning to screw us over with next. I doubt you thought McDaniels was going to screw us at the last second either. The difference is, I learn from the Colts mistakes, you apparently don't, and you would genuinely be shocked if my scenario did happen again (this time with Chubb instead of McDaniels). 

McDaniels has exactly zero to do with the draft. Like I said, if BB is interested in Chubb he would have to offer up a pretty nice package with draft picks in order to get him. This is nonsense about him talking to Chubb about the Colts.

BB is a great head coach but you letting all this conspiracy nonsense effect your thinking is ??

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

McDaniels has exactly zero to do with the draft. Like I said, if BB is interested in Chubb he would have to offer up a pretty nice package with draft picks in order to get him. This is nonsense about him talking to Chubb about the Colts.

BB is a great head coach but you letting all this conspiracy nonsense effect your thinking is ??

I think we will take Nelson anyway but I agree with you on this one. Nelson at #6 makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Belichick knows we are either interested in Chubb or Nelson at 6. If we trade down, all bets are off. He has a 50/50 shot of being right as of now though and is covering his bases. Also, Belichick sat Butler on purpose to show Kraft he was in charge after Kraft forced him to trade Garrapolo for a 2nd round pick when he didn't want too. That was an ego thing to show Kraft who was in charge, and he could care less if it cost them the SB because he has his legacy and he knew Kraft would never fire him (which he didn't even though he cost them the SB).

BB sat Butler down because he broke team rules. My God, quit feeding into this mindset of BB is controlling what other teams do and or don't do.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

So because McDaniels pulled the biggest clown move ever, we now must assume Belichick is convincing a high draft pick to not sign with us?

And on top of that , it’s because Belichick “thinks at a higher level” and “I don’t learn from Colts mistakes.”

Oh boy...

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

McDaniels has to do with the fact that the Pats used him to screw us over in a different way and basically ruin his career. They are willing to do the same with Chubb as well. He's younger and a lot easier to manipulate. Just promise me if Chubb doesn't sign with us that you will apologize later on, since everything that is out of the ordinary is just a conspiracy. This is based on a hateful rivalry and prior experience of what the Pats did already.

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

So because McDaniels pulled the biggest clown move ever, we now must assume Belichick is convincing a high draft pick to not sign with us?

And on top of that , it’s because Belichick “thinks at a higher level” and “I don’t learn from Colts mistakes.”

Oh boy...

Don't question Jared, judging by his avatar he knows some martial arts. 

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

McDaniels has to do with the fact that the Pats used him to screw us over in a different way and basically ruin his career. They are willing to do the same with Chubb as well. He's younger and a lot easier to manipulate. Just promise me if Chubb doesn't sign with us that you will apologize later on, since everything that is out of the ordinary is just a conspiracy. This is based on a hateful rivalry and prior experience of what the Pats did already.

Do you think Chubb will even be there when we pick? Everyone had him going Top 5 easily.

So lets do this just to stop the arguments. If we draft Chubb and he doesn't sign, everyone who doubted me has to apologize to me in a thread later on down the road. If Chubb does sign, I will apologize for bring up something that was nothing but nonsense in the end. We have a deal? 

So lets do this just to stop the arguments. If we draft Chubb and he doesn't sign, everyone who doubted me has to apologize to me in a thread later on down the road. If Chubb does sign, I will apologize for bring up something that was nothing but nonsense in the end. We have a deal? 

Lol... if that happens I’ll transfer you all my bitcoins. All 7 of them.

You may as well make a thread titled “I was wrong” right now.

This is insane.

4 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Colour me surprised , I genuinely didn’t know that.

Nice research. Or knowledge.

There could be other times...I just remembered those because I had always seen BB trade down, not up. Plus, it was a pretty big draft for the Colts...with some guy named Luck as the 1st pick.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could see Denver taking him too because they signed Keenum. Denver loves building Defense under Elway.

I can see Denver taking Nelson or a QB. Their O-Line is horrible and Keenum is only signed for two years. I think Chubb is low on their list IMO.

Of course it's an if. If we draft someone like Nelson or trade down, we'll never know. So it would be impossible to say who is right and who is wrong. You're just itching for a fight, aren't you?

Noooo don't fight him, guys, he knows martial arts.

Of course it's an if. If we draft someone like Nelson or trade down, we'll never know. So it would be impossible to say who is right and who is wrong. You're just itching for a fight, aren't you?

I edited my comment.

Nah, not looking for a fight at all. Just speaking my mind.

Listen JC, what you are saying is so outrageous it's not even funny.

BB does not have special powers and he is not a wizard.

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Need some tinfoil for your hat?

You don't know who is in my avatar, do you?

It doesn't look like Bruce Lee so no, I have never watched much in the way of Fighting stuff much at all. WWE, MMA really old fighting movies, etc. completely clueless lol.