Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Favorite Colts Team and Non-Colts Team?

Lucky Colts Fan

My favorite Colts team is probably the 2004 Colts.  Dungy, Peyton, Edge, Marvin, Reggie, Dallas, Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, June, Hunter the Punter Smith, and a good rookie class of Jim Sorgi, Ryan Lilja, Jake Scott, and a little someone named Bob Sanders.  One of the most prolific offenses in NFL history.  The only teams that beat the 2004 Colts had to score at least 27 points to do so.  Manning had a season for the ages.  But 2004 ended in the most painful defeat of my life.  I went from the highest of highs after looking unstoppable against Denver (49-24, 35-3 at halftime) in the Wild Card game, to the lowest of lows... 3-20 in NE in the Divisional Round.

My favorite Non-Colts team is probably the 1998 Broncos.  Elway, TD, Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Sharpe, Neil Smith, Romanowski, Steve Atwater.  They were the defending SB champs, and won their first 13 games.  TD rushed for over 2000 yds.  They were dominant and exciting.  Back-to-back champs and Elway got to ride off into the sunset.

I grew up a 9ers fan, so the 94' 9ers.

Also count me in as big fans of the teams that beat New England in the playoffs or SB. They're like family for a few hours.

The Colts from about 04'-10' is all kind of one thing to me. Too bad EJ didn't have much of an impact on that era.

Lucks Rookie season was so unexpected that it's close to the 06' team that got the job done.

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That 2005 team was special, too bad it was derailed by a tragic event. 

My 21st birthday present was a seat behind the field goal post where "the miss" occurred. 

I have mixed feelings about my attendance to this day. On one hand, that's a top 5 Peyton moment/game, good or bad, but damn.. ugh.

Tough to pin down one; 1975 Colts (some turnaround from 74), 1995 Colts (Captain Comeback takes over), 1999 (Beginning of Peyton, James, Harrison, winning stardom), 06.

Favorite non-teams; 77 and 85 Bears; as my 2nd team. I was in my glory when Bears/Colts played each other. The only other time that happened was on Madden games, electric football and if u recall; See Action Football (with the slides on mini-projector).

-Colts team = 2006 - We won the SB, went 10-0 at home including Playoffs. We went through the Ravens/Ray Lewis/ Ed Reed at Baltimore, then went through the Pats/Brady/BB to get to the SB.

-Non-Colts team = 2007 Giants - Love Eli and they ruined the Pats perfect season. That SB was a history/legacy changer for many reasons.

-I would go as far to say that was my 2 favorite seasons in Football = 2006 and 2007 and I have watched since the late 70's.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

My 21st birthday present was a seat behind the field goal post where "the miss" occurred. 

I have mixed feelings about my attendance to this day. On one hand, that's a top 5 Peyton moment/game, good or bad, but damn.. ugh.

You look a lot older than early 30s in your picture...

I still think that 05 team mat have been the best since coming to Indy.  Hey, at least you’ll always have that memory of your 21st, good or bad, you can say “I was there!”

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Man that sucks. I was at home when that liquored up Kicker missed that FG and I was so mad! I could not believe we lost that game. We were so Great all season.

I'm a younger fan, so I don't know much about those early year Colts. The easy answer to this question is the 2006 SB colts. But imma go with the 2013 team personally. Just a fun year with so many signature wins. Beat Seattle. Beat Denver. Beat San Fran. And of course the comeback vs the Chiefs. That was the year Luck stapled himself among the leagues elite. Mathis was a menace that year. Reggie was killing it before his injury. Just an overall fun year.

Favourite non colts team...Everyone's saying the 2007 Giants, but imma go with 2011 Giants. Simply because they prevented the Pats from winning a SB in our building. :thmup:

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man that sucks. I was at home when that liquored up Kicker missed that FG and I was so mad! I could not believe we lost that game. We were so Great all season.

The more upsetting was Bens shoestring tackle on that fumble return heading for a TD.

7 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My favorite Colts team is probably the 2004 Colts.  Dungy, Peyton, Edge, Marvin, Reggie, Dallas, Freeney, Mathis, Brackett, June, Hunter the Punter Smith, and a good rookie class of Jim Sorgi, Ryan Lilja, Jake Scott, and a little someone named Bob Sanders.  One of the most prolific offenses in NFL history.  The only teams that beat the 2004 Colts had to score at least 27 points to do so.  Manning had a season for the ages.  But 2004 ended in the most painful defeat of my life.  I went from the highest of highs after looking unstoppable against Denver (49-24, 35-3 at halftime) in the Wild Card game, to the lowest of lows... 3-20 in NE in the Divisional Round.

My favorite Non-Colts team is probably the 1998 Broncos.  Elway, TD, Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Sharpe, Neil Smith, Romanowski, Steve Atwater.  They were the defending SB champs, and won their first 13 games.  TD rushed for over 2000 yds.  They were dominant and exciting.  Back-to-back champs and Elway got to ride off into the sunset.

I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan & my favorite colts team was the 1995 team with Captain Comeback for me it was a glimpse into a possible future & what it was like to be 1 step away from the first Indianapolis Super Bowl missed it by this much .

Let er Rip  that season was magical .

http://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/29/indianapolis-colts-andrew-luck-i-plan-on-being-ready-for-everything-in-2018/

My favorite non Colts team ? I don't like any & I  hate New England & Denver the most . I'm a Colts homer I make no apologies .:hat::colts:

2006 Colts, Superbowl champions of course, even though i believe 04, 05 and 09 were better all around teams.

2017 Eagles anybody?!!! Eagles have always been my team from the NFC, they finally won a superbowl and beat the Pats while doing it. It feels especially good after what Kraft and Mcdufus pulled.

31 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

95 Colts but 2012 Colts are a close second

07 Giants, 2011 Giants and 2017 Eagles :)

The 95 Colts are my 2nd favorite and the 2012 Colts are my 3rd favorite oddly enough. I chose 2006 because we won the SB. The other 2 seasons though were so much fun. The 95 and 2012 teams were so shockingly Good that it just made every week fun to watch.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 95 Colts are my 2nd favorite and the 2012 Colts are my 3rd favorite oddly enough. I chose 2006 because we won the SB. The other 2 seasons though were so much fun. The 95 and 2012 teams were so shockingly Good that it just made every week fun to watch.

I’d be worried about you if you picked someone other than the 06 Colts giving your user name ;)

9 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Don't forget Brandon Stokley!

58- 59 Colts! By winning those 2 championing ships, against the Giants , When home Television was in it's infant stage , The Colt's shaped the history of the popularity of the NFL to home viewers nationwide. With the media we have today younger viewers don't understand how major this was at the time. I'd like to think we should all be proud of this historic event, and our Colts had a major role in it.

13 hours ago, King! said:

Don't forget Brandon Stokley!

Or Tarik Glenn, Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, Marcus Pollard, Rob Morris, David Thornton, Nick Harper, Vanderjagt (who I believe was the most accurate kicker in NFL history at that point)  I didn't want my OP to get too lengthy talking about this team, because it was full of Pro Bowlers and made a lot of history.

Peyton breaking Marinos' record was the big one, but he also broke Steve Youngs' record for Season-Passer-Rating.  Considering Manning was handing it off or on the bench for a lot of 4th-quarters in 2004, that was a truly amazing season since he only played about 3/4ths of it.  It was the first time (and I think still is the only time) a QB threw 10+ TDs and 1,000+ yds to THREE different receivers in a season.  Harrison and Wayne on the outside with Stokley and Clark on the inside was just deadly.  Oh, and Edge somehow managed to put up almost 100 yds/game when Peyton wasn't throwing it all over the yard.  :thmup:

I felt bad for the offenses trying to keep up with the Colts in 2004 because Freeney and Mathis combined for 26 sacks and 9 forced fumbles that year.

13 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

58- 59 Colts! By winning those 2 championing ships, against the Giants , When home Television was in it's infant stage , The Colt's shaped the history of the popularity of the NFL to home viewers nationwide. With the media we have today younger viewers don't understand how major this was at the time. I'd like to think we should all be proud of this historic event, and our Colts had a major role in it.

I watched "The Greatest Game Ever Played" lying on the floor in front of the TV. My dad started taking pictures of my after he saw how intense I was which he found to be funny I was much more of a Baltimore Colts fan than an Indy fan perhaps because I was a young boy when I became a Colt fanatic. Living in the Chicago burbs I got to go to Colts games as they were in the same division as the Bears. Unitas and the team were all I gave a hoot about back then. The 85 Bears would be my second team and I still pull for the Bears.

2004 is my favorite Colts team. Manning,Wayne,Harrison,Stokley in the slot, then Edgerrin James in the backfield.   Not to mention Dallas Clark, Marcus Pollard at TE.  

My favorite none Colts team is the 2007, and 2011 New York Giants for keeping the Patriots from being undefeated in 2007, and keeping them from winning a Super Bowl on our field in 2011.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

-1995 Colts, 2006 Colts

harbaugh-jim-01-a.jpg

91a283af2587fe22437e600fa6677d8d--bronco

Ugh that rain sucked but the real SB was the AFCCG.

-2010 Packers

green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-and-clay

Rodgers deserved at least one ring and beating the Steelers is always cool.

Yeah I loved when the Packers beat the Steelers in SB45. Anytime the Steelers or Pats lose a SB I am happy. If I had to break my down Top 3 favorite Colts teams and non-Colts teams, it would look like this:

Colts teams - I am going Indianapolis Colts teams only

1. 2006 Colts - During our Playoff run, we went through the Ravens/Ray Lewis/Ed Reed at Baltimore, went through the Pats/Tommy/BB, and beat a Great Defense/Bears in the SB to win it all.

2. 1995 Colts - Jim Harbaugh baby! 1 play away from getting to the SB. The win at KC in the Divisional Round was regarded as one of the biggest upsets ever. That was an incredible win!

3. 2012 Colts - Andrew Luck takes us from 2-14 to 11-5! We make the Playoffs as most people on ESPN and the NFL Network had us winning around 5 games. The Luck comeback wins that season were unreal, Luck looked like a 10 year Vet out there. Throwing perfect deep passes and running people over like a freight train.

Non-Colts teams

1. 2007 Giants - Have to roll with this. They ruined the Patriots undefeated season. Had the Patriots won that SB their fans and the media could've without a doubt called them the Greatest team ever. That 1 game was a history/legacy changer as the 1 thing the Pats will never have is the perfect season with Tom/BB. That was huge IMO.

2. 2015 Broncos - Peyton gets 2nd SB win. That was huge for Peyton and his legacy. He joined an Elite group by winning SB #2 as only 11 others has done so as a starter in that game. People look at him much differently because he won #2.

3. 2010 Packers - I will roll with your Packers because it prevented Ben from getting SB win #3 and I like Aaron Rodgers. I cant stand the Steelers so that was cool watching Rodgers tear them up!

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I loved when the Packers beat the Steelers in SB45. Anytime the Steelers or Pats lose a SB I am happy. If I had to break my down Top 3 favorite Colts teams and non-Colts teams, it would look like this:

Colts teams - I am going Indianapolis Colts teams only

1. 2006 Colts - During our Playoff run, we went through the Ravens/Ray Lewis/Ed Reed at Baltimore, went through the Pats/Tommy/BB, and beat a Great Defense/Bears in the SB to win it all.

2. 1995 Colts - Jim Harbaugh baby! 1 play away from getting to the SB. The win at KC in the Divisional Round was regarded as one of the biggest upsets ever. That was an incredible win!

3. 2012 Colts - Andrew Luck takes us from 2-14 to 11-5! We make the Playoffs as most people on ESPN and the NFL Network had us winning around 5 games. The Luck comeback wins that season were unreal, Luck looked like a 10 year Vet out there. Throwing perfect deep passes and running people over like a freight train.

Non-Colts teams

1. 2007 Giants - Have to roll with this. They ruined the Patriots undefeated season. Had the Patriots won that SB their fans and the media could've without a doubt called them the Greatest team ever. That 1 game was a history/legacy changer as the 1 thing the Pats will never have is the perfect season with Tom/BB. That was huge IMO.

2. 2015 Broncos - Peyton gets 2nd SB win. That was huge for Peyton and his legacy. He joined an Elite group by winning SB #2 as only 11 others has done so as a starter in that game. People look at him much differently because he won #2.

3. 2010 Packers - I will roll with your Packers because it prevented Ben from getting SB win #3 and I like Aaron Rodgers. I cant stand the Steelers so that was cool watching Rodgers tear them up!

And to think Marshall Faulk did not get to play in that 95 Steeler game because of a toe injury.