Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels rejects Colts.

RealityIsLuck

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

That raises some eyebrows.  Even the Colts thought this could happen?  I can't imagine any scenario where a team hires a head coach, but has enough doubt to have 3-4 other candidates ready to go

Right?  Obviously they felt comfortable enough with the situation to hire the assistants and post all over social media about officially hiring him.  Yet this still happened.  I wonder who the three candidates are?  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I doubt there was an actual contract that was signed.

But what I think WAS signed is what is called a "Letter or understanding."

Sort of a simplified contract.     BUT....     I think he can have the effect of a contract.

So,  I think the Colts are clearly entitled to HUGE compensation.

We got screwed.      We are clearly a damaged party.      We deserve compensation. 

In the NFL,  over this type of issue,   that means DRAFT PICKS!     And I'd say multiple.

I sure hope so!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, Colt^2 said:

I've no idea what we do from here. 

My only guess is Kraft enticed Josh to stay with some kind of possibility to replace BB.  Unbelievable.  

But not next year?, BB is supposed to return for another year.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think it's revenge for Deflategate, and just a chance to make the Colts look bad and screw up their offseason. Job well done, obviously.

And I know no one will believe me, but Belichick with the Jets has been in the back of my mind all along... If we get a first rounder from them like the Jets did, it will kind of be worth it, but I doubt that happens.

This job will now be known as the job everyone turned down.  Sad. :(

haha I know it's not funny, but I laugh to keep from being *.

Wow.... I don't even know what to say.  

But my thoughts about him, have drastically changed.  Guess I'm glad he is staying with the liar cheater club.  Don't Need Him Here.

Just now, BlueShoe said:

He made the decision to hire the butt clown!!!

You guys have to stop giving Ballard passes for crap. He should have never chosen a dirty coach from the Patriots to begin with. 

You're being emotional.   McDaniels was among the best cantidate.  I'm guessing Kraft told him he will get the job once the hoodie retires

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't think Ballard's agent is all that pivotal for either of them at this point. Ballard has reached the pinnacle of his profession, and if he needs another agent for his extension negotiations, he can easily find one.

And McDaniels now only has New England to worry about, because no other team will ever touch him, I don't think. 

As for whatever agreement they worked out in New England, they could have done that weeks ago. As soon as things started getting close with the Colts, the Pats could have made their offer to McDaniels, and he could have withdrawn from consideration. 

They milked this to the max, and they absolutely did not have to. It has the feel of being deliberate, top to bottom. Nothing anyone can ever prove, and it's a little confirmation bias on my part because I've been worried about this happening, but something hasn't felt right all along. This is why.

I see it as deliberate from Kraft,  but not from McDaniels.

That said....    I'm already moving on to the NFL awarding the Colts compensation and damages.

I want the Pats FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS....   this year, and next.    At a minimum!

We are entitlted to compensation.     And big compensation at that.

14 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

The exact reason was he was going to agree to the job and then back out? You knew that ahead of time Nostradamus?

Yeah his name was hot last year he didnt take a head coaching job now he wants a job....belichick is about to retire and so will brady eventually that pats job is his anyway why leave? Oh because ballard "patched up" the between indy and the pats?? Lol yall believe too much stuff so yeah I'm not surprised at this

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

They milked this to the max, and they absolutely did not have to. It has the feel of being deliberate, top to bottom. Nothing anyone can ever prove, and it's a little confirmation bias on my part because I've been worried about this happening, but something hasn't felt right all along. This is why.

Maybe Kraft just decided he needed to do something to get over them LOSING THE SUPERBOWL

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I agree with those saying it was intentional. Bill Kraft brings up deflategate all the time, its obvious they are still sore about it.

McDaniels eventually gets Belichicks job plus screws the Colts at the same time.

Cheater * that someone was willing to call him out. The guy is utterly a pathetic human being. This only ads to the fuel of me hating the entire patriots orginization. 

4 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Here's my thought: I'd imagine he was signed with us. After all, we were having a press conference TOMORROW! How could we not have him signed, yet announce something like that?

First round pick, come to us!

I want MULTIPLE first round picks.     In 18 and 19.      At a MINIMUM!

They can keep JM.      Now, I want blood from the Pats!

Mcdaniels backing out on the Colts sucks , But honestly  he is  Patriots thru & thru   as we all have come to know that Organization is & will always be shady untrustworthy snakes some of us were willing to overlook it based on the Patriots winning ways minus the shady ways  .

It sucks to start over but why not Chud for this year & take your time finding the right guy ?  Bellicheck will be looking for a new job next year ... 

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

It’s almost like an elaborate plan to screw over the Colts. He said he’d take the job. He had the Colts hire a bunch of underwhelming assistants. Then he said go to hell. 

Well now one moment. We don't know if they're underwhelming. That's taking it a bit far.

24 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

WRONG!

I am excited about this news. 

I actually think we have a chance to be a contender now. 

I was completely against bringing McDaniels in. 

How can a true fan of the team be excited by this. You sound as petty and childish as the Pats. You sure you're a Colts fan?

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I see it as deliberate from Kraft,  but not from McDaniels.

That said....    I'm already moving on to the NFL awarding the Colts compensation and damages.

I want the Pats FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS....   this year, and next.    At a minimum!

We are entitlted to compensation.     And big compensation at that.

McDaniels is the one who agreed to take the job, then backed out at the last minute. He has no integrity.

And I agree with you about compensation. It's hard to see this not going to the league office and resulting in picks for the Colts. The precedent is Belichick, but that was a long time ago, and the rules are different now. 

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Possibly.  Eberflus had a lot of hype surrounding him as an up-and-coming defensive coach

Depends on the new HC, it's crucial that there is a fit there. Can't have assistants that don't flow with the HC, and if the Colts force the HC to deal with that then it is bound to fail. I do like Eberflus, but lets say someone like Toub, or whoever doesn't then we can't force him to deal with the whole staff being set.