Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's official Josh McDaniels is the new Coach of the Indianapolis Colts

Fisticuffs111

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now go out there and assemble the "dream-team" staff, nothing less will do.  Irsay will need to shell out some green-backs to get this done.  We can use a proven offensive mind at the helm, a Tom Moore type.  This just might confirm that Luck is showing signs of full recovery.  I'm sure McDaniels did his homework.

2 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Ps does anyone find it surreal that the Colts announce the hire of the new Head Coach with a gif of a celebrating Patriot?!?!?

Strange days.....

Would you rather bring up a gif of him celebrating as a Bronco HC? :) 

Just now, chrisfarley said:

Now go out there and assemble the "dream-team" staff, nothing less will do.  Irsay will need to shell out some green-backs to get this done.  We can use an proven offensive mind at the helm, a Tom Moore type.  This just might confirm that Luck is showing signs of full recovery.  I'm sure McDaniels did his homework.

Don’t say dream team remember the Eagles said this ....:hide:

11 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Now go out there and assemble the "dream-team" staff, nothing less will do.  Irsay will need to shell out some green-backs to get this done.  We can use a proven offensive mind at the helm, a Tom Moore type.  This just might confirm that Luck is showing signs of full recovery.  I'm sure McDaniels did his homework.

Not many Tom Moores out there.   Plus,  McDaniels will be the play caller

It's about time, let's all take the time today to let Mike Florio know just what an * he actually is. You got to love good reporting and accurate storytelling. Welcome to Indianapolis coach. I look forward to a wiser and smarter coach one who has grown past the old mistakes that wants to build an offensive juggernaut Andrew luck at the centerpiece. Let us go and win a championship next year. Why wait. Go horse!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Sorry, JH, there’s almost nothing I agree with.   The OL may not be top-5 but still top-10.    And top-10 is fine.    Your first sentence basically was they’re not top-5, therefore they’re average is just an opinion.   And it’s not supported by anything.    The Colts OL is top-10 by everyone who ranks them.     And the concept of guys trending down or not being what they used to be isn’t the issue.   It’s what are they today.   What are they this season, not in the long term, what are they this year.      Kelly just had one of his best years.  Nelson had a good year, ranked 11th overall by PFF.   Smith also graded well.   And even Fries graded out in the top 40 percent of ALL guards.  Overall the line is top-10.    You and I often see things the same way.  Just not this time.  
    • I understand his frustration, but unfortunately this isnt the same oline that was dominate in their heyday 
    • I agree with you.  Now is not the time for doing anything that could potentially cause injury.
    • I'm gonna defend @CR91 on this one.   The Colts offensive line has the potential to be a top-5 line.  If everyone plays to their potential.  Their tippy-top. However... Ryan Kelly has already seen his best years.  He's still a stout, capable center.  But let's not fool ourselves.  His trajectory is down, not up.  Nothing wrong with it.  It's just the natural curve of a player who has been in the league this long. Nelson isn't quite the world beater that he started out as.  Yes, he could regain that level of play.  And I hope he does!  But until he does, his level is good-but-not-great.  If we're being honest. Raimann made great strides.  And there's still room for him to improve!  However, my assessment is his ceiling is Anthony Costanzo:  Solid and reliable, without ever making a pro bowl. Will Fries has yet to prove to me that he is truly starter material.  He's the best of what we have at RG, for the moment.  And we just drafted a couple of guys who could challenge him for a starting role -- this year. I love Smith.  He's done everything we asked him to do.  Except stay healthy.   If everything works out, and the line plays to their top potential, they'll be a top OL in the league.  But if we're talking about predictions rather than potential, I see them at the upper end of middle.  Nothing to be unhappy about!  Especially after the debacle '22 season.  But I'm ok with predicting them to be "average".
    • They are trash compared to their peers at the NFL level that are also starters at their position. I thought this was obvious. Not sure why you are comparing them to me. Just like I mention with Ballard, they are not competing against me or any "fan", they are compared to other starting TEs at the NFL level. Most of which are better than them. I don't sugercoat things. Any of our TE's would be considered a bottom 5 TE starter in the NFL. That's just a fact. Every team is weak at certain positions. One of our weaknesses is TE, and yes, they are trash relative to the other starting TEs in the NFL.
  • Members

• Scott Pennock

Scott Pennock 4,444

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 4,357

• husker61

husker61 354

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,565

• Dunk

Dunk 1,409

• TheNewGuy