Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's official Josh McDaniels is the new Coach of the Indianapolis Colts

Fisticuffs111

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the announcement on NFL Rumors and it mentioned this, which I thought was interesting.  Maybe that was the "source" of the rumors yesterday that he wasn't coming...

"It’s not clear why McDaniels may have been having second thoughts about the job, but one has to wonder if he is at odds with team brass over the team’s offensive coordinator choice. Last month, it was reported that McDaniels had selected Raiders quarterbacks coach Jake Peetz as their new offensive coordinator and the two sides were hammering out a contract. However, team decision makers appear to have their sights set on former Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. "

Of course, it doesn't matter now...he is here.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

I don't care what anyone says. Back to back offseasons the Colts went out and got the best GM and best head coach available. I wanted this partnership since last offseason. I am elated.

Same here. Very happy with these two, and am looking forward to FA, the draft, and the future. If Luck is fully healthy next season, the sky is the limit.

3 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

I don't care what anyone says. Back to back offseasons the Colts went out and got the best GM and best head coach available. I wanted this partnership since last offseason. I am elated.

Yeah, man, it looks like the Colts might be back on the path to be the elite of the NFL again. 

Amazing how quickly Pats haters welcome Pats personnel in to their homes! Oh well, so much for integrity. Don't think "Win Now" is anywhere in the coming season. This is a rebuilding process, the key word is process. Settle down.

Below from the Stampede Blue site -

"He will not be afforded a ton of latitude, however, if he doesn’t begin to at least produce some results within a reasonable time frame. His first season will likely feature similar expectations to that of Ballard himself; create a respectable locker room, show that player development is attainable and do what he says he’s going to do.

Those may seem like minimal expectations, but Colts fans are also a fairly realistic bunch. There’s a realization that “Super Bowl or bust” will not be the motto in his first season at the helm, but make no mistake about it, McDaniels is here to get the Colts back in to contention for a championship inside of his first contract."

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Amazing how quickly Pats haters welcome Pats personnel in to their homes! Oh well, so much for integrity. Don't think "Win Now" is anywhere in the coming season. This is a rebuilding process, the key word is process. Settle down.

Man that is a lot of SALT. Don't think anyone expects to be the next Super Bowl Champs but ppl are entitled to like and celebrate the hire!

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Integrity means stomping, huffing and puffing and being upset that you didn't get your way? Not all of us are like that. Whether you like it or not, he's the new head coach. There is nothing that you or I can do to change that. Why cry about it like a 4th grader?

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

It's possible to have a distaste for a team and still hold a level of regard for the merits of it's coaches and players. McDaniels is fantastic as an OC, and there are plenty of reasons to be excited about the future with him at the helm.

McDaniels is a Colt now. Not a Patriot.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Integrity means stomping, huffing and puffing and being upset that you didn't get your way? Not all of us are like that. Whether you like it or not, he's the new head coach. There is nothing that you or I can do to change that. Why cry about it like a 4th grader?

I don't care who get the job. Results are all I care about.