It's official Josh McDaniels is the new Coach of the Indianapolis Colts

Fisticuffs111

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Amazing how quickly Pats haters welcome Pats personnel in to their homes! Oh well, so much for integrity. Don't think "Win Now" is anywhere in the coming season. This is a rebuilding process, the key word is process. Settle down.

Below from the Stampede Blue site -

"He will not be afforded a ton of latitude, however, if he doesn’t begin to at least produce some results within a reasonable time frame. His first season will likely feature similar expectations to that of Ballard himself; create a respectable locker room, show that player development is attainable and do what he says he’s going to do.

Those may seem like minimal expectations, but Colts fans are also a fairly realistic bunch. There’s a realization that “Super Bowl or bust” will not be the motto in his first season at the helm, but make no mistake about it, McDaniels is here to get the Colts back in to contention for a championship inside of his first contract."

Integrity?? What the heck are you talking about?

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

Now go out there and assemble the "dream-team" staff, nothing less will do.  Irsay will need to shell out some green-backs to get this done.  We can use a proven offensive mind at the helm, a Tom Moore type.  This just might confirm that Luck is showing signs of full recovery.  I'm sure McDaniels did his homework.

Really hope we get a great hire at secondary coach as well as obviously OC and QB coach. I would love DeFillipo as OC and Peetz as QB coach. 

DeFilipo wouldn't be expected to call plays yet, which he hasn't done, but McDaniels could eventually transition playcalling duties over to him while Josh starts to take on the Belichick role of overseeing the overall game flow and having input on both sides of the ball. I just love what DeFillipo has done with both Wentz and Foles in Philly. 

What is the Colts Top ten issues now ?????.....#1 Andrews health...#2 Andrews health #3 Andrews health....... #4 Andrews health .....#5 Andrews health......#6 Andrews health.............# 7 Andrews health......#8 Andrews health.......# 9 Andrews health....#10 Andrews health .......Without that we are a 6-10 team no matter who coaches !

Good to have it done....can't wait to see the team he brings in. I'm a realistic guy...winning the division will be tough with Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston on the rise. Going 8-8 would be an accomplishment right away....just being in contention for the playoffs. We are churning this roster upside down this year so there will be a lot of adjustments. Just bring a prepared team each and every week...make some halftime adjustments...and please for the love of God...beat the Patriots!

12 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

What is the Colts Top ten issues now ?????.....#1 Andrews health...#2 Andrews health #3 Andrews health....... #4 Andrews health .....#5 Andrews health......#6 Andrews health.............# 7 Andrews health......#8 Andrews health.......# 9 Andrews health....#10 Andrews health .......Without that we are a 6-10 team no matter who coaches !

in other news water is wet

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And the Steelers... That'd be nice.

We don't play Pittsburgh next year....unless we play them in the playoffs....and then ABSOLUTELY!! We play the NFC East and AFC East...so that is why I say 8-8 would be ok. I think its a hard schedule especially with our division getting better. With all the changes to the roster I expect a learning curve at the beginning. Still I'm circling NE on the calendar.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We don't play Pittsburgh next year....unless we play them in the playoffs....and then ABSOLUTELY!! We play the NFC East and AFC East...so that is why I say 8-8 would be ok. I think its a hard schedule especially with our division getting better. With all the changes to the roster I expect a learning curve at the beginning. Still I'm circling NE on the calendar.

Oh that's right! I'm just so used to having to play them all the time... As far as NE, Josh did it with a Broncos team. You never know!

2 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

how about just win without a cheating scandal. I'm on board with that.

Personally, I think the scandal talk is a little overdone. As a Colts fan I never hear anyone go on about how the Colts were accused of pumping in crowd noise (rumor) or that the lineman wore devices to help them hear Peyton Manning when they played in a noisy stadium (Tarik Glenn has confirmed this). As far as I can remember Coach McDaniels was never involved in Spygate either with the Pats or Broncos. And as far as Deflategate goes it embarrasses me as a Colts fan our part in that stupid waste of time and money. 

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Alright.  :coltshelmet: 

I don't know about our defense moving forward, but I think the Colts will have the best offense in the league in 2018 and beyond.  :thmup:

Let's Go!  :lombardi:

Best offense? Talk about not being objective here. I would take better then what it was this year.

4 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Personally, I think the scandal talk is a little overdone. As a Colts fan I never hear anyone go on about how the Colts were accused of pumping in crowd noise (rumor) or that the lineman wore devices to help them hear Peyton Manning when they played in a noisy stadium (Tarik Glenn has confirmed this). As far as I can remember Coach McDaniels was never involved in Spygate either with the Pats or Broncos. And as far as Deflategate goes it embarrasses me as a Colts fan our part in that stupid waste of time and money. 

Why would it be an embarrassment to you?  Grigson made a call to the NFL as he should have.

The rest was out of the Colts hands. Had the media not jumped all over this and made such a big stink out of it, it would have never grown as it did. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

6 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I believe he was on the patriots staff during spygate and was fined for similar activity with the broncos.  I agree that deflategate was silly.  I live in Mass and do hear complaints about those Colts allegations but i think its mostly to turn the light away from their team.

Congratulations to my Colts' fan friends.  I think that Josh has matured significantly since he was with the Broncos.  He was arrogant and made a lot of mistakes.  You will benefit from the lessons he learned in that process (assuming he did).  I think Andrew will significantly benefit from this choice.  

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why would it be an embarrassment to you?  Grigson made a call to the NFL as he should have.

The rest was out of the Colts hands. Had the media not jumped all over this and made such a big stink out of it, it would have never grown as it did. Nothing to be embarrassed about.

Because we as Colts fans were the ones who had to hear about it ad nauseum, taking ridicule from pretty much every decent fanbase in the league, while we watched the team that allegedly cheated win multiple Super Bowls, & we could barely muster 8 wins. Make no mistake, it was an embarrassment.

With the news/rumor that McDaniels is bringing a couple of Pat's assistant coaches with him, all I can think of is the scene towards the end of the movie The Jerk, where Steve Martin is saying 'all I need is...' and grabbing more and more items.  It's like he kept taking coaches until Belichick growled at him.

Navin R. Johnson: Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need *you*. I don't need anything. Except this.

[picks up an ashtray]

Navin R. Johnson: And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

[walking outside]

Navin R. Johnson: The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.

Navin R. Johnson: [outside now] And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

[growls at him]

Navin R. Johnson: I don't need my dog.

8be6d5ab-b720-446d-b353-06fab918aa14_tex

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is an embarrassment to me that our franchise (Grigson was our franchise's representative) would even make the call. Do we really think that deflated footballs played any part of the thrashing we took that day? And please spare me the letter of the law garbage that he should have made the call. It made our franchise look like petty sore losers. Granted we had no control over how the media handled the situation but I contend the situation should have never happened to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

It is an embarrassment to me that our franchise (Grigson was our franchise's representative) would even make the call. Do we really think that deflated footballs played any part of the thrashing we took that day? And please spare me the letter of the law garbage that he should have made the call. It made our franchise look like petty sore losers. Granted we had no control over how the media handled the situation but I contend the situation should have never happened to begin with. 

Speaking personally, didn't embarass me at all.  He complained to the league and then it took on a life of its own.

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Winning or losing that game had zero to do with a phone call. Grigson was not the first who thought there was a problem. He is just the one that made the call. Letter of the law? What are you even talking about with that? The rules are put there for a reason. When someone breaks them they need reporting.

Why are you so worried about how it made the Colts look? Who cares? 

I dont give a bumble bee's behind what the media or anyone thinks.

You think Kraft, the Pats players or Pats fans give a care what someone thinks of spygate and or deflatgate?  

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Winning or losing that game had zero to do with a phone call. Grigson was not the first who thought there was a problem. He is just the one that made the call. Letter of the law? What are you even talking about with that? The rules are put there for a reason. When someone breaks them they need reporting.

Why are you so worried about how it made the Colts look? Who cares? 

I dont give a bumble bee's behind what the media or anyone thinks.

You think Kraft, the Pats players or Pats fans give a care what someone thinks of spygate and or deflatgate?  

There really is no need for me to continue to argue my point. I felt it was petty and beneath us to worry about something so insignificant. It's obvious you feel otherwise. Agree to disagree. I'm excited about our new coach and where our franchise is heading.