Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I've accepted the very real possibility that our next head coach will not be accpetable

IcyRhythms

I'd love Gruden. I've always liked the guy. Honestly, he's a little overrated but he's got such great energy and love for football. Gruden has seemed even more appealing over the years because he seems to have a love affair with Luck. He's on record many times saying very hyperbolic things like "I'd take Luck over anyone else playing right now", and I believe that's from a year or two ago. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we ended up with Lovie Smith or John Fox.(just throwing out a couple of names that I know I wouldn't be alone in being disappointed with)

I hope I'm wrong and our next guy is not only a surprise to all of us but someone we can really get behind. 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why would we get either of them have you not seen the people we are asking to interview 

We've seen the interview process come and go. Players and coaches. Attempts are made to wine and dine and next thing you know, a guy comes out of nowhere that no one expected that disappoints even more than the ones you already knew about.

1 minute ago, IcyRhythms said:

We've seen the interview process come and go. Players and coaches. Attempts are made to wine and dine and next thing you know, a guy comes out of nowhere that no one expected that disappoints even more than the ones you already knew about.

Oh good grief

13 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

I'd love Gruden. I've always liked the guy. Honestly, he's a little overrated but he's got such great energy and love for football. Gruden has seemed even more appealing over the years because he seems to have a love affair with Luck. He's on record many times saying very hyperbolic things like "I'd take Luck over anyone else playing right now", and I believe that's from a year or two ago. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we ended up with Lovie Smith or John Fox.(just throwing out a couple of names that I know I wouldn't be alone in being disappointed with)

I hope I'm wrong and our next guy is not only a surprise to all of us but someone we can really get behind. 

Those two are on the same level as Chuck and that's very sad I would be very disappointed if we hired either of those bums.

Time will tell. Not really getting the point of this thread, so I'll give a random, unrelated thought:

Hate to say it, but the Colts should leave Indiana. I've lived here my whole life, but the proposed legislation to give offended fans refunds of players kneel diring the anthem is so incredibly stupid that I can hardly stand it. 

Good luck ever getting the SB back in Indy...We must have the dumbest state legislature in the country. I'd laugh about it if it wasn't so sad, unAmerican, racist, and pitiful. 

This organization is too good for this backward state and its backward politicians. Yuck! 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Time will tell. Not really getting the point of this thread, so I'll give a random, unrelated thought:

Hate to say it, but the Colts should leave Indiana. I've lived here my whole life, but the proposed legislation to give offended fans refunds of players kneel diring the anthem is so incredibly stupid that I can hardly stand it. 

Good luck ever getting the SB back in Indy...We must have the dumbest state legislature in the country. I'd laugh about it if it wasn't so sad, unAmerican, racist, and pitiful. 

This organization is too good for this backward state and its backward politicians. Yuck! 

Talking and bringing politics into this forum is not allowed.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Talking and bringing politics into this forum is not allowed.

Sorry... 

Thought it was football related enough to slide. Also thought it would be hidden by this thread that i thought most wouldnt read through...

It should have its own thread, considering how much it could affect the future of the team, if passed, but I couldn't bring myself to start one... 

Feel free to delete, mods... I wont complain. 

37 minutes ago, IcyRhythms said:

I don't think there's a clear and obvious overwhelming slam dunk hire out there.

So, plenty of people won't like the pick whoever it turns out to be.

But I don't think we're going to select someone who the majority can't get on board and support.

People will support anyone who has been a good coordinator.     Someone who can bring in a good staff.

6 years ago, no one had heard of Chuck Pagano and people here supported him --- at least, the first few years.

There will be a good coach to hire.     Whether that guy becomes a great coach is too early for anyone to know.

27 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I'm not going to get into this too far..I'll just leave you with this. Irsay got a free stadium from those same politicians.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It wasn't exactly free. The Colts (Irsay) put up 100 millions dollars tward the building of LOS.

You're technically correct, but that was about 1/7th or so of the cost IIRC.

Given the revenue that he's made from the team, since construction.. I know it wasn't technically free, how about a very generous return on investment?

(Free..)

1 hour ago, IcyRhythms said:

Irsay would immediately be hospitalized if he signed off on one of those two buffoons.

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're technically correct, but that was about 1/7th or so of the cost IIRC.

Given the revenue that he's made from the team, since construction.. I know it wasn't technically free, how about a very generous return on investment?

(Free..)

It's a big business for sure.

Each owner has had to put up different amounts of money that varies from zero all the way to the total cost.

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Relax, one state legislator is proposing the bill. It's not going anywhere.  Got him some free  press though.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'm not going to get into this too far..I'll just leave you with this. Irsay got a free stadium from those same politicians.

He got the money for the stadium from you and I. 

I don't think the legislation will pass, but imagine droves of Colts fans getting refunds because another team sits for the anthem... That would be a bonkers, yet likely outcome. Imagine how that legislation will affect our ability to sign FAs. Like I said, imagine how it would affect our chances of getting the SB back here.

Its the one of the dumbest things I've ever even heard of... and I have heard no rational arguments in favor of it. Its nonsensical SJW nonsense on par with what they have been doing at Berkely... and it would mean disaster for the Colts...

26 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

He got the money for the stadium from you and I. 

I don't think the legislation will pass, but imagine droves of Colts fans getting refunds because another team sits for the anthem... That would be a bonkers, yet likely outcome. Imagine how that legislation will affect our ability to sign FAs. Like I said, imagine how it would affect our chances of getting the SB back here.

Its the one of the dumbest things I've ever even heard of... and I have heard no rational arguments in favor of it. Its nonsensical SJW nonsense on par with what they have been doing at Berkely... and it would mean disaster for the Colts...

It's political grandstanding, it's annoying, but it's not exclusive to either team Coke or Pepsi. It wouldn't be Politics if some of them didn't engage in it.

I'm not trying to get into the weeds here (as this mere conversation is going to make most people here eye's roll), but I'd just say that despite the law being a bad idea (less laws please), your assertion that the Colts should leave the state because of it or as you said "the backwards politicians" (those same people who allocated the public largess for the stadium- they gave it to him, you and I didn't green light it) is simply put an overreaction if for no other reason than all 50 states have bad laws on the books.

"I don't like the law, so I'm taking my ball and going home"..

Seldom am I down with that tactic.

59 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's political grandstanding, it's annoying, but it's not exclusive to either team Coke or Pepsi. It wouldn't be Politics if some of them didn't engage in it.

I'm not trying to get into the weeds here (as this mere conversation is going to make most people here eye's roll), but I'd just say that despite the law being a bad idea (less laws please), your assertion that the Colts should leave the state because of it or as you said "the backwards politicians" (those same people who allocated the public largess for the stadium- they gave it to him, you and I didn't green light it) is simply put an overreaction if for no other reason than all 50 states have bad laws on the books.

"I don't like the law, so I'm taking my ball and going home"..

Seldom am I down with that tactic.

You are right...

Sometimes I get a little punchy on long weekends (if ya catch my drift) and probably a bit reactionary... 

I guess it shows that I haven't been happy with my representation in this state for some time, but others are right that the forum isn't really the place for it (despite it being Colts related in this instance).

Also, saying that the Colts should move out of Indiana was an overreaction on my part... Like someone said, the law won't pass. Also, I would cry grown man tears if the Colts left... I just read an article and visited the forum too quickly afterward, really. 

I have accepted the fact that we are taking Taub since Ballard was hired and the rumor first came out.  I haven't seen any evidence (nor am i privy to it) that would change that.  This allows me to be numb to the whole thing, and if the slimmest of a slim chance would come to fruition and we would get a harbaugh or another big name that's a proven NFL HC & winner, it would just be gravy.

I really don’t think Ballard is stupid enough to hire Fox or Smith. If the roster Ballard has put together has any relevance on what he’ll do looking for a HC he has shown he values youth. He mentioned Mike McCarthey and Mike Tomlin, those guys certainly fit the bill of being younger hires. So that factor is something that I think should be considered.