Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Colts in the Pro Bowl

DaveA1102

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000895772/article/nfl-announces-2018-pro-bowl-rosters

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/12/19/16798934/colts-among-5-teams-without-initial-pro-bowl-selections

Although not surprising news, interesting that we have had at least 2 selections every year since 1998.  We can wait and see whether we get any in as alternates.

Out of our roster, who do you think would be the closest to a spot?  Sanchez was the one that stood out for me, and maybe Vinny for nostalgia.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hilton hasnt done squat this year let alone enough to earn a pro-bowl berth.  The only one on this team in my opinion even close to making it would be AV. 

Doyle started off rough but he's had a pretty good year.

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I'd rather see a winning season then players on a Pro Bowl roster.

Teams with most Pro-Bowlers:

8 - Steelers (11-3)

6 - Saints (10-4)

6 - Eagles (12-2)

5 - Rams (10-4)

Teams with zero Pro-Bowlers:

Browns (0-14)

Colts (3-11)

Bears (4-10)

Jets (5-9)

They usually go hand-in-hand.  Players on winning teams get more votes because winning teams usually have better players.

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

6 hours ago, a06cc said:

No Colts deserved to be in the Pro Bowl this season. No one really step up in the absence of Andrew Luck. That egg we laid against Jacksonville was the defining moment of this team this season. 

A lot of eggs were laid this season. Enough so that a chicken farm would have no more eggs from this season. This would be from players, coaching and owner.

6 hours ago, a06cc said:

No Colts deserved to be in the Pro Bowl this season. No one really step up in the absence of Andrew Luck. That egg we laid against Jacksonville was the defining moment of this team this season. 

I would say there were two guys I would put in there that deserve it but it would be our punter Sanchez and maybe Jack Doyle that's it the rest didn't do enough.

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

Hilton hasnt done squat this year let alone enough to earn a pro-bowl berth.  The only one on this team in my opinion even close to making it would be AV. 

We finally agree on something. That Buffalo game cost AV I truly believe that. 

The only two players IMO who had a chance to make it at the beginning of the Season would have been TY HIlton and Jack Doyle, both have had underwhelming seasons...whether its quarterback play, playcalling, or just not giving 100% because of the teams culture, i expected these two players to be the leaders of the team in Lucks absence, both dissappointed big time. I really hope Luck returns and we have a new coaching staff next season cause this team needs some changes in a HUGE way!

3 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

I can't believe that none of our stellar interior linemen, Jeremy Vujnovich, Joe Haeg, Mike Person, didn't make the Pro Bowl.  What a crock.

People threatened to boycott the team if they signed Ray Rice or Joe Mixon...while already hiring convicted felons like Mike McGlynn.

He murdered a million doughnuts during his time here, and facilitated assault on the quarterback.

:D:):D