Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts texans predictions

Stephen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

I predict the message boards will blow up after the game. 

So it will be like it has been the last 6 losses.

Yeah I too predict a major blowout and you know the Texans want to pay us back for all the beatdowns we gave them during the Manning years.

Watson looks like he's going to be a solid nfl qb.

Chud will avoid Mack and insist on 7 step drops to make sure Houston's pass rush has enough time to get into the backfield.

Chuck will clap for a challenge he's lost.

Colts roll....into a 35-14 loss.

We've got good enough defensive backs to deal with most of the personnel they have at WR .   I say that because Hopkins is really the only threat. Maybe Will Fuller, but we've got guys with enough speed to do a good enough job on him.    The run defense is good enough as well.   However the problem is the mobility of the QB is what makes that offense go.   What they do out of that spread formation it's almost impossible to keep him from buying time for guys to come wide open. They also do a really good job of mixing and matching their play calls.  They give you a good bit of everything. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to get some pressure on him, but we won't do a good enough job containing him and that's where we will get killed.    They do a lot of stuff that tests the discipline of your defense and we won't be disciplined enough to deal with it.  Plus we still have the issue of not putting up enough points offensively.  I want to be optimistic but the score is probably not going to be pretty.

I'd say play with a chip. Play nickel all the time for starters. See if they will be patient with the run.

Play like you'd play RG3 in his first year. Run blitz and hit the QB handing the ball off, regardless, on the way. Make them think twice about running gimmicky option offense plays too much. Make sure you have a speedy spy like T.J.Green play contain should Watson somehow manage to escape. 

Single up all wide outs rolling safety help only towards Hopkins. Rough him up too if you need to at the line of scrimmage as much as possible and see if he snaps like AJ vs Finnegan :). Push the envelope with the refs, and see how much holding you can get away with. :) 

IF WE DO ALL OF THE ABOVE, we can hope for a 31-20 beating. Otherwise, expect a 48-20 shellacking at least. That is what I would do, as a DC, push the envelope and see what I can get away with.

Before the Titans game I said it was lunacy that the Colts could win three of the next four as people were predicting.  I got lambasted for that.  Now at game four of that stretch and it looks like we are going to win zero of those four.  My how perception has changed.  The NFL, where one win makes fans think the toilet smells like roses.  If we hadn't thrown up by 6 with a few minutes to go and actually made the Bengals earn that win on offense and won that Bengals game..........how many of you would believe we could beat HOU and go on a 'run?'

1 minute ago, tikyle said:

Before the Titans game I said it was lunacy that the Colts could win three of the next four as people were predicting.  I got lambasted for that.  Now at game four of that stretch and it looks like we are going to win zero of those four.  My how perception has changed.  The NFL, where one win makes fans think the toilet smells like roses.  If we hadn't thrown up by 6 with a few minutes to go and actually made the Bengals earn that win on offense and won that Bengals game..........how many of you would believe we could beat HOU and go on a 'run?'

If anyone follows the NFL, and has seen DeShaun Watson and that Texans offense cooking, we'd still chalk this game as a loss, IMO.

TY and Luck always went off vs Houston, and that changed last year to an extent in that road game when we let the Texans come back from 14 down with Osweiler. Now, it is a feeling of resignation as to what the ceiling of this team is, without Luck.