Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF predicts the colts will go 6-10

CR91

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-steelers-own-top-spot-in-first-2016-afc-projections/?utm_content=bufferec697&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

" Indianapolis managed an 8-8 season in 2015, despite missing Andrew Luck for part of the year. However, due to their division, they were still in the mix near the end of the regular season. In reality, the Colts were probably worse than their record reflected. For this offseason, they lost more talent than they brought in. Their biggest addition was cornerback Patrick Robinson, who surrendered just 0.78 yards per coverage snap last year, sixth-best for cornerbacks. That doesn’t make up for the losses of Jerrell Freeman, Coby Fleener, and Dwight Lowery, though. While they get Luck back, he started 2015 with six straight games with a below-average PFF passer rating. They will again rely on Frank Gore at running back, who had his lowest yards per carry of his career in 2015, at 3.7. If Luck can be the player everyone expects him to be, the Colts can make a run at getting into the playoffs, but if he plays anywhere close to how he did in 2015, they don’t have the talent to make up for it"

i find it funny how people didn't think much of freeman and fleener when they were here and all of a sudden we're worse now that their gone. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a perfect name for that site (pff).

every time I see an article from them thats the sound I make....... PFFFFFF

plus, all the reasons they said we're weak (andrew turning ball over, gore struggling), can be attributed in large part to an underwhelming OL. And no mention of all the additions at OL makes me think this article is only good for wiping one's butt:. I Hope its printed on soft paper so it has at least SOME value. 

the biggest offseason additions were kelly and a healthy andrew luck.

losing fleener wont matter, freeman wanted more than he was worth

i will take the over at 6-10. seriously i would put money on that, but they arnt the real odds

Anything is possible.

The Colts need a year or another to get back on track, last year they had so many issues that became revealed over time. I don't think they've fixed any of their issues so far and may have to go back into rebuilding mode.

I'm hoping for 8-8 or a 9-7 division win for them, that isn't asking for much. 

I think a healthy Sio Moore and/or Nate Irving will actually be an upgrade to Freeman.

I think Geathers, assuming he continues progressing like he was last year, can be just as good or better than Lowery (I respect what Lowery did for us, but it isn't like we lost an Ed Reed or something at safety).

Just by losing Toler we got better -- hopefully Patrick Robinson is much better, but I don't think he could be much worse as a #2 CB even if he doesn't light the world on fire.

Our OL should be much better with a new system, a new OL coach, an what is certain to be an upgrade at C, plus a crop of young guys that should make the right side of the line competitive.

If Dorsett can stay healthy (I've heard he got stronger but hasn't lost speed), we have arguably (I'm actually not sure that this is arguable) the fastest group of WRs in the entire NFL.  Plus, we have a healthy Luck who has the arm strength to utilize their speed (I respect the heck out of what Hasselbeck did for us last year, but TY and Moncrief were handicapped by his lack of arm strength).

Gore likely ran for the lowest ypc of his career last year because we had a horrendous OL and for the first chunk of the season we had pretty horrendous play-calling (Pep).

We have Art Jones and Henry Anderson hopefully coming back healthy.  They, IMO, are the 2 best DL we have... so there is a plus.

I think Ridgeway can be an upgrade to our DL, at least on a rotational basis.

I think, if anything, this team has improved over the off-season -- even if we didn't bring in anyone to replace Fleener or Freeman, just getting healthy alone should be enough to make us a much better team.  Plus, we brought in some pretty good players through the draft and got some good depth in FA (I'm actually kind of excited to see what the back-up RBs and the WRs from New England can do, even if it is mostly on special teams).

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

They are pretty accurate overall with the assesment

Maybe, but it also seems very superficial. What did they actually write? Colts let go of 3 starters with no big spending in FA. If Luck plays as bad as last season, the team will be bad. If he plays good, the team will play good. OK? Was this written on the back of a napkin while at the toilet?

For the record I believe that the team is in a semi-rebuilding phase this year, so it could very well be a tough fight just to get to the playoffs on a wild card this year, but we'll see.

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-steelers-own-top-spot-in-first-2016-afc-projections/?utm_content=bufferec697&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

" Indianapolis managed an 8-8 season in 2015, despite missing Andrew Luck for part of the year. However, due to their division, they were still in the mix near the end of the regular season. In reality, the Colts were probably worse than their record reflected. For this offseason, they lost more talent than they brought in. Their biggest addition was cornerback Patrick Robinson, who surrendered just 0.78 yards per coverage snap last year, sixth-best for cornerbacks. That doesn’t make up for the losses of Jerrell Freeman, Coby Fleener, and Dwight Lowery, though. While they get Luck back, he started 2015 with six straight games with a below-average PFF passer rating. They will again rely on Frank Gore at running back, who had his lowest yards per carry of his career in 2015, at 3.7. If Luck can be the player everyone expects him to be, the Colts can make a run at getting into the playoffs, but if he plays anywhere close to how he did in 2015, they don’t have the talent to make up for it"

i find it funny how people didn't think much of freeman and fleener when they were here and all of a sudden we're worse now that their gone. 

Most of the people who didn't like Freeman and Fleener were fans who posted right here....

Most of the people who are saying we'll miss them are media analysts.

These are not the same group of people who have flip-flopped on the issue.

Two groups of people.     Two different perspectives.....

I really don't know what to expect this year.  There are obviously still question marks.  How will Andrew bounce back?  Will the OL show marked improvement? How the defensive backfield will gel, will we get enuff from our safeties?  Will Toler's eventual replacement be adequate? How will our LBs come together?  Will our "smallish" WRs hold up? Besides Gore, how will the running game look? Will the TEs meet Chud's expectations? Will the coaching staff gel? Will Pagano and Grigson play nice in the sandbox together? How much have the other 3 AFF South teams closed the gap or overtake us talent-wise?  And perhaps most importantly, where the heck are we gonna find a consistent pass rush?

now i'm as optimistic as anyone i know, but in reality, if i'm honest, i can see scenarios where we are 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and last in our division. Our division has REALLY improved around us. I just hope we've dobne enough and can pull it all together.

i'm crossing my fingers.

While every season is different I just don't think the Colts regress. The same basic core of players are still here from the season before. We reached the AFC championship game with very questionable offensive calling from a predictable offensive coordinator. I think this coaching staff will have a better idea of how to utilize the players we have.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

While every season is different I just don't think the Colts regress. The same basic core of players are still here from the season before. We reached the AFC championship game with very questionable offensive calling from a predictable offensive coordinator. I think this coaching staff will have a better idea of how to utilize the players we have.

I agree with you but Jax looks to be tuff on both sides of the ball, Houston only needs a little more at QB(which they may have found) and Tenn will surprise some people i think.  The division is gonna be tuff to win, and i worry if we make the playoffs that thre top teams may be able to exploit any weaknesses we have, which very well still may exist.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

I agree with you but Jax looks to be tuff on both sides of the ball, Houston only needs a little more at QB(which they may have found) and Tenn will surprise some people i think.  The division is gonna be tuff to win, and i worry if we make the playoffs that thre top teams may be able to exploit any weaknesses we have, which very well still may exist.

Well, the rest of the teams in our div is going to be tough on each other too, but I think we will have to leave the idea that we have to get 5-6 wins in the div behind. Win all 3 at home and get one win at the road to go 4-2 in the div should be more than possible. Then we just have to man up in the rest of the games.

Going 10-6 and getting to the playoffs would be a fine season for me this year. 

11 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the biggest offseason additions were kelly and a healthy andrew luck.

losing fleener wont matter, freeman wanted more than he was worth

i will take the over at 6-10. seriously i would put money on that, but they arnt the real odds

Actually Freeman got a very doable deal from Chicago. He was not paid extravagantly.

I wont argue about Kelly and Luck but I think people underestimate the addition of Joe Philbin. Philbin will turn this offensive line around I am confident of that.

9 hours ago, Bogie said:

Anything is possible.

The Colts need a year or another to get back on track, last year they had so many issues that became revealed over time. I don't think they've fixed any of their issues so far and may have to go back into rebuilding mode.

I'm hoping for 8-8 or a 9-7 division win for them, that isn't asking for much. 

You're wrong.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Most of the people who didn't like Freeman and Fleener were fans who posted right here....

Most of the people who are saying we'll miss them are media analysts.

These are not the same group of people who have flip-flopped on the issue.

Two groups of people.     Two different perspectives.....

Doesn't mean their opinions were different. The media is just using Freeman and fleener to propel their story. 

14 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Thats a perfect name for that site (pff).

every time I see an article from them thats the sound I make....... PFFFFFF

plus, all the reasons they said we're weak (andrew turning ball over, gore struggling), can be attributed in large part to an underwhelming OL. And no mention of all the additions at OL makes me think this article is only good for wiping one's butt:. I Hope its printed on soft paper so it has at least SOME value. 

Lol! I always call it PFFTTTTTTTTTT!

I am going to boldly predict that many will overpay for their services and take everything they write to heart.:yahoo::yahoo:

3 hours ago, theanarchist said:

Actually Freeman got a very doable deal from Chicago. He was not paid extravagantly.

I wont argue about Kelly and Luck but I think people underestimate the addition of Joe Philbin. Philbin will turn this offensive line around I am confident of that.

He wanted more than he got.  I think the colts would have paid him That, but his hold out caused the team to move on

27 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

He wanted more than he got.  I think the colts would have paid him That, but his hold out caused the team to move on

If he wanted more,  and you think the Colts would've paid him more,   then they WOULD have offered more.

But they didn't.

It was written that what the Colts offered was basically the same.     I think we hoped that would be enough to bring Freeman back.      But I think Freeman had very hurt feelings and decided to get a fresh start elsewhere.

But I don't think our actions support the idea that we would've paid him more.    

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Doesn't mean their opinions were different. The media is just using Freeman and fleener to propel their story. 

I have no idea what that first sentence means?

The second sentence....     if they media is writing a story saying they think we're going to go 6-10, then yes,  they will point to examples that would support their conclusion.     So, they note we lost Freeman and Fleener and they don't think we have anyone to replace them.      That's their view.   

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The second sentence....     if they media is writing a story saying they think we're going to go 6-10, then yes,  they will point to examples that would support their conclusion.     So, they note we lost Freeman and Fleener and they don't think we have anyone to replace them.      That's their view.   

The colts will be better then 6-10 so they are *s.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

their view contradicts what they were initial thoughts were of freeman and fleener and is only done to support their story. their hypocrites  

7 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Aren't I always according to you homers? 

I think we go 9-7 or 10-6. 10-6 is possible if we see 2014Andrew. I just say 10-6 because I think 2014Andrew will be in full mode. We aren't a SB contender though and wont be until we build the Defense and get top notch Pass Rushers. The Patriots and Steelers both are better overall as of now I hate to say.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

If he wanted more,  and you think the Colts would've paid him more,   then they WOULD have offered more.

But they didn't.

It was written that what the Colts offered was basically the same.     I think we hoped that would be enough to bring Freeman back.      But I think Freeman had very hurt feelings and decided to get a fresh start elsewhere.

But I don't think our actions support the idea that we would've paid him more.    

when i said "that" i was referring to something i had quoted, not the fact that i think the colts were willing to pay more

"that" was supposed to mean the same deal he got with the bears

16 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Aren't I always according to you homers? 

13 hours ago, Bogie said:

I don't think they've fixed any of their issues so far

how can say this when Oline was a big issue and we drafted 4 oline men?

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

how can say this when Oline was a big issue and we drafted 4 oline men?

I hate to say it, but the four we drafted equate to one starter, one long-term project, and two utility backups.

1 minute ago, That Guy said:

I hate to say it, but the four we drafted equate to one starter, one long-term project, and two utility backups.

thats fine though, center was the weakest link.  the rest of the line needed depth not necessarily starters.  reitz and thornton can get it done if they are healthy and play up to their potential

thornton is still the only true RG on the roster and i think kelly could help raise his game

I for one think our recent history(last cpl of decades) have shown that we have the "Brain Trust" to take the Colts to a winning season, that very well could lead to a playoff berth. The Afc South is finally showing some balance, like it had in the early days. It'll just be nice to hear from the pundits talking about whoever takes the South, are gonna have to "earn" it. Like they say about the North now. Good to see the South get some respect, pundits love to hate on us regularly, some deserved others not so much. They've(pundits) have made it a personal pastime to diminish the Colts even when we are playing well. When the ship gets righted this year, hopefully Andrew and company can go on a Super Bowl run. JMO