Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF predicts the colts will go 6-10

CR91

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I read about it but we will see how long it is before he gets injured again. He is a fragile player.

What scares me the most is our first round pick last year.  Dorsett was injured in high school and college. Luckily for him it was just a slight MCL tear in his left knee. Then in his rookie season last year he fractures his left ankle. 

We are very thin at WR his health this year will be huge for the Colts! 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about accept and except haha 

For whatever reason that one doesn't trip me up as much....   but I get how it could do that to anyone.

The English language can be especially tricky.     Lots of rules.    And a number of exceptions to the rules.    And words that might seem right,  but aren't.

Hey,  I used to get paid to write for a living,  and I still make mistakes that drive me crazy!!    

6 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Lol or "Lose" and "Loose"....I know it is different from your's and NCF's examples but it drives me crazy how they get misused so often? Also, "Re-signed" and "Resigned"....ugh. 

I never even point out grammar error's in general because I pretty much know what people mean and I make some myself. I have to admit when someone says, I hate to loose that does make me SMH. That happens a bunch too on a lot of websites.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

my prediction the Colts with a healthy Andrew Lick won't be worse than the Colts without him.

Lick or Luck that is great stuff! I remember Posting something when I first joined here and I called Andrew Andre Luck. Nobody said anything and I didn't even realize it for a few hours either. I was thinking these people probably are LOL.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I never even point out grammar error's in general because I pretty much know what people mean and I make some myself. I have to admit when someone says, I hate to loose that does make me SMH. That happens a bunch too on a lot of websites.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, I don't call people out on it unless they are being argumentative or a smart @zz.....though the head does shake when I read them:lol:

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

haha Errors in the use of "resigned"/"re-signed" bother me too, but I don't point out spelling or grammatical errors.  

I once wrote "higher" when I meant to write "hire". It really stood out and it was too late to edit it. I was like :eek:. It is in times like those that I appreciate being in good standing with the mods. I could not allow that obvious error in spelling to live in perpetuity. 

Don't worry I called Andrew Andre one time so it's all good haha 

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lick or Luck that is great stuff! I remember Posting something when I first joined here and I called Andrew Andre Luck. Nobody said anything and I didn't even realize it for a few hours either. I was thinking these people probably are LOL.

Darn stubby fingers!

whats even better is that I did it after the whole grammar police stuff in this thread lol!

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:41 PM, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Thanks for the clarification:thmup:

I make my share of grammatical errors(thank god for autocorrect)....I guess when I go on forums such as this one I don't really let the misspellings and grammatical errors get to me. I mean it is a football forum and most of us are dumb meatheads at heart, no? lol!

I'm not one to tell God how to feel about something, but I think God would prefer not to take the credit for autocorrect...lol

On 6/4/2016 at 5:51 PM, CR91 said:

How exactly is it false? All I've ever heard is it's Andrew luck and everyone else is trash. So we lose two of our free agents and all of the sudden we're worse because of it? I don't know how that makes sense

Because you're accrediting quotes and analysis of other people to someone who else and calling them a hypocrite because of it. 

BTW PFF had Jerrell Freeman in their top 10 Free Agents list and had him ranked as a top 5 LB last season. 

On 6/5/2016 at 0:54 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I haven't found a website yet where the Colts fans don't think those who run the site are bias against the Colts.

Fans here are convinced that ESPN,  NFL Network and now,  Pro Football Focus are all biased!!

Goodness gracious......

Personally, I think NFL net does a good job, ESPN is 50-50 depending on the writer, but PFF has always been disparaging to the Colts even when they were winning.

On 6/4/2016 at 5:43 PM, NewColtsFan said:

You and CR are not the only two guys who make this mistake.

And I never like being a "grammar Nazi"....     but every once in a while it all just gets to be too much.

Quick refresher:     

There:   Location....    "There are the Colts,  coming out of the tunnel to take the field!"

Their:    Possession....    "Loose ball on the field, the Colts recover!    It's their ball!"

They're:    (Contraction for they are)     "I hate the Patriots!   They're the biggest cheaters in football!"

While english is a spectacularly beautiful language,  it is also, by far,  the most complex.    So,  these traps are all over the place....     including the popular "to,  too and two"   which people here get confused with as well.

I do this for a living and sometimes I make these mistakes.   But typically when I do,  it's because I'm in a hurry and trying to post too quickly.     So, my mistakes are because I'm rushed and sloppy.    But not because I don't know.

Here's one that always confuses me....  even to this day....       affect and effect.....     I always screw them up!

Go figure.

Ehh..spelling is a popularity contest...it's not like math.. just give it time and the majority might decide to spell it your way

1 hour ago, James Ducheteau said:

Ehh..spelling is a popularity contest...it's not like math.. just give it time and the majority might decide to spell it your way

You're new,  so I don't know your sense of humor.

I don't know if you're kidding or not.        I certainly hope you ARE kidding?

Otherwise,   you lost me with what you wrote.     I don't even know wha that means?

On 6/4/2016 at 2:24 PM, Gavin said:

I've confused there and their a few times haha. Been quite a while since I've been in school now

a "few times"???? I don't think I've ever seen you use either of them correctly.  You're one of the only people I've ever seen to use their instead of there...usually people just lump everything in as "there". :P lol

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're new,  so I don't know your sense of humor.

I don't know if you're kidding or not.        I certainly hope you ARE kidding?

Otherwise,   you lost me with what you wrote.     I don't even know wha that means?

It means spelling is subjective to the mass consensus, it is not inherently one way or the other, as say 1 + 1 = 2. That is the same no matter where you are.

21 minutes ago, James Ducheteau said:

It means spelling is subjective to the mass consensus, it is not inherently one way or the other, as say 1 + 1 = 2. That is the same no matter where you are.

Poor Mr. Webster is going to be disappointed to hear that.

6 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

If the internet had a smell, this post (and the ones to which it is mocking) would smell of football offseason.

Yes, the times where spelling and grammar posts overtake X's and O', as well as Jimmy's and Joe's...

Just a couple more months of idleness and we'll all be football entrenched...

4 hours ago, James Ducheteau said:

If you're trying to say that in various countries around the world they have different ways of spelling the same word we have here in America --- then that's fine.

But if you're instead trying to say that here in America a person is free to spell things however they wish,  then I'm afraid we part company on that one.

Also....    words are not interchangeable.  

So,   There,  their and they're all have their specific uses...

And  To,  too and two all have their specific uses and so on....

There are other examples, but I think you get the point....

You've joined at the slowest time of the year....   but welcome to the website....    hope you enjoy it!!

3 hours ago, jimmy g said:

When I was a kid potato DID have an e on the end, in the state school textbooks.  Dan Quayle was correct.

When I was a kid potato DID have an e on the end, in the state school textbooks.  Dan Quayle was correct.

Treasure any moment when Dan Quayle was right about anything.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you're trying to say that in various countries around the world they have different ways of spelling the same word we have here in America --- then that's fine.

But if you're instead trying to say that here in America a person is free to spell things however they wish,  then I'm afraid we part company on that one.

Also....    words are not interchangeable.  

So,   There,  their and they're all have their specific uses...

And  To,  too and two all have their specific uses and so on....

There are other examples, but I think you get the point....

You've joined at the slowest time of the year....   but welcome to the website....    hope you enjoy it!!

I agree with all that, I'm just saying that the rules used to govern the system are subject to change, we can't be sure that given today's culture with short hand text that in say 20 years we will not be using just one "there" or one "two" to convey all the potential meanings of the word. Culture dictates grammar and spelling in my belief, which is why I say it's a popularity contest. When I was a kid they always told us "aint is not a word, but it is now, the popular opinion won out.  

9 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Much crow will be eaten by NFL pundits after the Colts season is underway....  I like being the underdog.

I don't know how long you've been a colt fan But if you like being a under then the 2 Decades before Peyton arrived would have been a Blast for you, lol.

A lot of us though did not enjoy that period. haha

2 hours ago, James Ducheteau said:

I agree with all that, I'm just saying that the rules used to govern the system are subject to change, we can't be sure that given today's culture with short hand text that in say 20 years we will not be using just one "there" or one "two" to convey all the potential meanings of the word. Culture dictates grammar and spelling in my belief, which is why I say it's a popularity contest. When I was a kid they always told us "aint is not a word, but it is now, the popular opinion won out.  

latest?cb=20130813012701

17 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, the times where spelling and grammar posts overtake X's and O', as well as Jimmy's and Joe's...

Just a couple more months of idleness and we'll all be football entrenched...

I cannot wait.  This place is like college town during the summer - not as many people around and there's not much to do.

4 hours ago, ColtsUrUs said:

These writers flip flop more than sleep teething baby. If the Colts go to the superbowl they'll be screaming I told you so from the review they had last season.

Does that mean the baby only teethes when it's asleep?