Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF predicts the colts will go 6-10

CR91

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

I hate to say it, but the four we drafted equate to one starter, one long-term project, and two utility backups.

How's that, their best player in the Draft is already damaged goods, please explain? We have the best QB in the Division and it even isn't close. If people want to Troll on the Colts than expand I would truly loved to hear it haha 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How's that, their best player in the Draft is already damaged goods, please explain? We have the best QB in the Division and it even isn't close. If people want to Troll on the Colts than expand I would truly loved to hear it haha 

I quoted the wrong person sorry to (That Guy) haha but the Jags pick is damaged goods.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

their view contradicts what they were initial thoughts were of freeman and fleener and is only done to support their story. their hypocrites  

CR.....

You don't know what any media members view of Freeman and Fleener are.     You don't.

You only know that FANS HERE ON THIS WEBSITE didn't like Fleener very much and only liked Freeman a little bit more.    

So,  no,  you haven't proven that anyone is a hypocrite.

All you've proven is that you don't like someone's opinion of the Colts.     So you lash out and write nonsense.

And you really need to learn when to write There,  and their,  and they're.      They're not interchangeable.

Each has a specific purpose and time to use them.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I quoted the wrong person sorry That Guy haha but the Jags pick is damaged goods.

He will be back by the start of TC let alone the beginning of the season. If that holds true that certainly is nowhere near damaged goods

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

CR.....

You don't know what any media members view of Freeman and Fleener are.     You don't.

You only know that FANS HERE ON THIS WEBSITE didn't like Fleener very much and only liked Freeman a little bit more.    

All you've proven is that you don't like someone's opinion of the Colts.     So you lash out and write nonsense.

And you really need to learn when to write There,  and their,  and they're.      They're not interchangeable.

I've confused there and their a few times haha. Been quite a while since I've been in school now

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I've confused there and their a few times haha. Been quite a while since I've been in school now

Funny stuff. It is their team, is the proper usage. Go over there, is the proper usage. YOU'RE doing great and YOUR ring looks nice haha Now I sound like a stuck up butt head but those are the meanings. I have to admit I get a kick out of someone when they say "YOUR A *" It makes me want to say it's YOU'RE dumb butt!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

CR.....

I've watched enough nonsense about the colts from ESPN to NFLN to know their opinions about the colts and for them to use players that they mocked and scrutinized for not doing this or that well when they were on the colts and then all of a sudden illustrate them as superstars and their losses are somehow extraordinary just to make their ridiculously wrong point; yes THEY ARE hypocrites

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I've watched enough nonsense about the colts from ESPN to NFLN to know their opinions about the colts and for them to use players that they mocked and scrutinized for not doing this or that well when they were on the colts and then all of a sudden illustrate them as superstars and their losses are somehow extraordinary just to make their ridiculously wrong point; yes THEY ARE hypocrites

I don't know how to break this to you.....    but you're proving my point,  and not yours.

The post you started this thread with is from Pro Football Focus.

Your response to me talks about ESPN and NFL Network.       Hello?!?

"The Media"  is not some big, giant monolithic body.      It's made up of many different media outlets.

"The media" doesn't have one voice,  it has hundreds of them,   thousands of them.

Your complaining because you don't like this one view.       That doesn't make anybody a hypocrite.

When you can link a Pro Football Focus story that is trashing Freeman and Fleener and can now show that the same group is now praising the same guys,  THEN,  AND ONLY THEN,  is Pro Football Focus a hypocrite.

That's how this works.     

What you're complaining about is simply a fan who doesn't like a story about his favorite team.....

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know how to break this to you.....    but you're proving my point,  and not yours.

The post you started this thread with is from Pro Football Focus.

Your response to me talks about ESPN and NFL Network.       Hello?!?

"The Media"  is not some big, giant monolithic body.      It's made up of many different media outlets.

"The media" doesn't have one voice,  it has hundreds of them,   thousands of them.

Your complaining because you don't like this one view.       That doesn't make anybody a hypocrite.

When you can link a Pro Football Focus story that is trashing Freeman and Fleener and can now show that the same group is now praising the same guys,  THEN,  AND ONLY THEN,  is Pro Football Focus a hypocrite.

That's how this works.     

What you're complaining about is simply a fan who doesn't like a story about his favorite team.....

I was using them as an example. I personally hate all forms of media even social media.The people who work in the media are parasites who contradict themselves all the time. The media talking crap about the colts is nothing and honestly you made this bigger then it really was. I made one simple observation and you turned it into a full blown argument

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I was using them as an example. I personally hate the media. Their parasites who contradict themselves all the time. The media talking crap about the colts is nothing and honestly you made this bigger then it really was. I made one simple observation and you turned it into a full blown argument

Because your argument is made on a false premise.

3 hours ago, Gavin said:

You and CR are not the only two guys who make this mistake.

And I never like being a "grammar Nazi"....     but every once in a while it all just gets to be too much.

Quick refresher:     

There:   Location....    "There are the Colts,  coming out of the tunnel to take the field!"

Their:    Possession....    "Loose ball on the field, the Colts recover!    It's their ball!"

They're:    (Contraction for they are)     "I hate the Patriots!   They're the biggest cheaters in football!"

While english is a spectacularly beautiful language,  it is also, by far,  the most complex.    So,  these traps are all over the place....     including the popular "to,  too and two"   which people here get confused with as well.

I do this for a living and sometimes I make these mistakes.   But typically when I do,  it's because I'm in a hurry and trying to post too quickly.     So, my mistakes are because I'm rushed and sloppy.    But not because I don't know.

Here's one that always confuses me....  even to this day....       affect and effect.....     I always screw them up!

Go figure.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because your argument is made on a false premise.

How exactly is it false? All I've ever heard is it's Andrew luck and everyone else is trash. So we lose two of our free agents and all of the sudden we're worse because of it? I don't know how that makes sense

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

How exactly is it false? All I've ever heard is it's Andrew luck and everyone else is trash. So we lose two of our free agents and all of the sudden we're worse because of it? I don't know how that makes sense

Actually some media outlets have been quite high on Freeman and especially Mewhort (Particularly PFF who grades players and gets professional help doing it). Also those that have been down on the Colts have not been without some valid reasoning to this point.

-They weren't good against the pass.

-They were not good against the run overall and the pass rush has been non existent.

-Castonzo struggled last year.

-Reitz was alright.

-Lowery was serviceable and made a few plays.

-Adams made plays but all struggled at times.

-Vontae had a down year

-I'm not sure if Gore has much if any juice in the tank honest. He got to the 2nd level of the defense plenty last year but rarely could shake someone or break tackles for more yards

The media(particularly ESPN/NFL Network) does talk on and on about Luck to much at times but that's what they do. The majority wants to hear how the stars are doing and not about well Kendall Langford had a pretty good year or Henry Anderson had a pretty good year. The media is about stars in general and largely raw numbers...Particularly ESPN and NFL Network. But not all of them at those networks. The ones that get the most face time

All I want next season right now is for Luck to stay healthy for 16 games and see the o line improve. If this equates to 6-10 or 15-1 is not a concern right now to me. And yes I realize everyone wants a good record but we have no future at all if Luck can't stay healthy so without him and without him healthy......the record can be meaningless IMO.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How's that, their best player in the Draft is already damaged goods, please explain? We have the best QB in the Division and it even isn't close. If people want to Troll on the Colts than expand I would truly loved to hear it haha 

Not even close?  Have you seen Bortles play?  Its closer than you think.  Just because we don't see the Colts positively going 10-6 or 11-5 like some , or we feel theres a legitimate chance of 8-8 (or even worse), doesn't mean we agree with the article.  It's an article. There will be truths, half-truths, and a WHOLE lot of speculation.

That is what all of us are doing.  Speculating.  Until we see proof of improved  OL PLAY, it isn't improved.  Its early , we have time.

However , to think we will get that lucky that we "fixed" all our problems from a year ago is REALLY optimistic.  We had many weaknesses that were exploited. We made good efforts in draft to help in those areas.  But these picks haven't even played a PS game yet.

Now, i am optimistic we have made strides at OL, and DL.  But until they show it, its anyones guess what will develop.  And there is REAL concern forca consistent pass rush.

We also have players coming off injury which should really help.  But  they are coming off injuries so some will probably hav setbacks:

. Somewhere...... WR, TE, LB, CB, or safety (i think) we will still be vulnerable , especially if we have injuries at the wrong place (which , odds are, will happen). I just worry, once again, that better teams will find a weakpoint, and target it.

Perhaps we will fill some more gaps (depth-wise) when cuts start.

keep voicing your opinion, but remember, we cheer for the same team.  You're not a troll just because you have some concern that your team won't win the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Because your turning "the media" into one big group and saying "the media" is contradictory.

That's not how it works.      The media is not one big group.     It's hundreds of thousands of smaller groups.

So, as I've already noted,   this thread started with Pro Football Focus.     

Then,  later in the thread,  you complained about ESPN and NFL Network.         When PFF is caught changing their argument --- THEN you've caught PFF being contradictory.  

You don't judge all media by the actions of one media outlet.

Just the same as you don't judge all people by the actions of one person.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

And I never like being a "grammar Nazi"....     but every once in a while it all just gets to be too much.

Quick refresher:     

There:   Location....    "There are the Colts,  coming out of the tunnel to take the field!"

Their:    Possession....    "Loose ball on the field, the Colts recover!    It's their ball!"

They're:    (Contraction for they are)     "I hate the Patriots!   They're the biggest cheaters in football!"

While english is a spectacularly beautiful language,  it is also, by far,  the most complex.    So,  these traps are all over the place....     including the popular "to,  too and two"   which people here get confused with as well.

I do this for a living and sometimes I make these mistakes.   But typically when I do,  it's because I'm in a hurry and trying to post too quickly.     So, my mistakes are because I'm rushed and sloppy.    But not because I don't know.

Here's one that always confuses me....  even to this day....       affect and effect.....     I always screw them up!

Go figure.

teacher! leave them kids alone, we don't need no education

8 hours ago, Bogie said:

Aren't I always according to you homers? 

Hmm, I've never been confused with a homer before.  However, that still wouldn't change your statement, about the Colts not fixing any of their issues so far, from being wrong.

It's their opinion, nothing more. If I made predictions (if I was a media person) based on what I really felt, I'm sure a lot of NFL fans would get their panties in a bunch over it too. Means nothing. I don't get upset over what other people think. The best way to shut them up is to win.

I actually kind of like being under the radar this year.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because your turning "the media" into one big group and saying "the media" is contradictory.

If YOU'RE going to play grammar Nazi, then in the sentence above I believe you should have used "YOU'RE" not "YOUR." Please correct me if I'm wrong?

And what's with the large spaces between YOUR sentences? I notice it in a lot of YOUR posts. Honest question, I'm far from being a journalist so I could be missing something......are you hitting the tab button between YOUR sentences?

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

I've watched enough nonsense about the colts from ESPN to NFLN to know their opinions about the colts and for them to use players that they mocked and scrutinized for not doing this or that well.......... yes THEY ARE hypocrites

To quote a commercial: "when you are espn or nfln, that's what you do". Meh. I guess I'm getting too old to care.

9 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

If YOU'RE going to play grammar Nazi, then in the sentence above I believe you should have used "YOU'RE" not "YOUR." Please correct me if I'm wrong?

And what's with the large spaces between YOUR sentences? I notice it in a lot of YOUR posts. Honest question, I'm far from being a journalist so I could be missing something......are you hitting the tab button between YOUR sentences?

Guilty!     :facepalm:   (Oh, sweet irony!?!)     My "your" should've been "you're"....    thanks for the catch!

As for all my spaces....   you're not the first to ask....   it's a personal preference.    I try to do little things to make my posts easier to read.      I do this not just here,   but on other websites as well.    

I try to write shorter sentences when I can....    shorter paragraphs when I can.   If I'm violating rules of grammar by doing that,  then so be it.     I'm trying to be helpful.

Hope that clarifies....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Guilty!     :facepalm:   (Oh, sweet irony!?!)     My "your" should've been "you're"....    thanks for the catch!

As for all my spaces....   you're not the first to ask....   it's a personal preference.    I try to do little things to make my posts easier to read.      I do this not just here,   but on other websites as well.    

I try to write shorter sentences when I can....    shorter paragraphs when I can.   If I'm violating rules of grammar by doing that,  then so be it.     I'm trying to be helpful.

Hope that clarifies....

Thanks for the clarification:thmup:

I make my share of grammatical errors(thank god for autocorrect)....I guess when I go on forums such as this one I don't really let the misspellings and grammatical errors get to me. I mean it is a football forum and most of us are dumb meatheads at heart, no? lol!

56 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Whether you agree with PFF or not is not so important as knowing they are biased against the Colts.  They always have been.  Run by Pats lovers and I haven't paid any attention to them for a LONG time.

I haven't found a website yet where the Colts fans don't think those who run the site are bias against the Colts.

Fans here are convinced that ESPN,  NFL Network and now,  Pro Football Focus are all biased!!

Goodness gracious......

21 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

PFF being based out of the UK sounds so wrong, when it comes to evaluating America's pasttime.

It'd be like the chefs of Olive Garden going to Italy to evaluate the Italian food there.

It would be like Gordon Ramsay deciding be an NFL analyst. He will say, "The Colts are raw! Their team is older than I am!"

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Quick refresher:     

Go figure.

How about accept and except haha 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about accept and except haha 

1 hour ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Lol or "Lose" and "Loose"....I know it is different from your's and NCF's examples but it drives me crazy how they get misused so often? Also, "Re-signed" and "Resigned"....ugh. 

haha Errors in the use of "resigned"/"re-signed" bother me too, but I don't point out spelling or grammatical errors.  

I once wrote "higher" when I meant to write "hire". It really stood out and it was too late to edit it. I was like :eek:. It is in times like those that I appreciate being in good standing with the mods. I could not allow that obvious error in spelling to live in perpetuity.