Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts LB Coach Jeff Fitzgerald fired

Dustin

1 minute ago, MTC said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only two coaches left on the defensive side are DL coach Gary Emanuel and the OLB coach Brad White.

Tim Berbenich....defensive assistant still remains I believe

Like a boss who runs his business to the ground with his decisions and then makes his staff responsible for it and fires them. What a joke the Colts organization has become! I'm not against cleaning the house but to extend the main responsible guys like Grigson and Pagano and fire most of the other staff is ridiculous! At least there are no more excuses for the two next season...

19 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Like a boss who runs his business to the ground with his decisions and then makes his staff responsible for it and fires them. What a joke the Colts organization has become! I'm not against cleaning the house but to extend the main responsible guys like Grigson and Pagano and fire most of the other staff is ridiculous! At least there are no more excuses for the two next season...

U still here?

i knew i smelled somthin.

19 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

You do understand when a new coordinator is hired,   he gets new positional coaches.    You get that,    right? 

21 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Life is short stop being so negative.

instead, why don't you put on your "play" lederhosen that Julie Andrews made you, pop a couple Ricolas, and go outside and play in the mountains with the rest of the VanTrapp kids.

the hills are alive........ You know?

31 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

That's not what's happening here........

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only two coaches left on the defensive side are DL coach Gary Emanuel and the OLB coach Brad White.

just a matter of time, they will be gone too (likely).  It would be refreshing to see Ted clean house and bring his own folks in.  Although I thought our DL coach had a decent to good year.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

Colts are cleaning house!  I thought Fitzgerald would stay, but oh well.

It appears to be an upsetting apple cart. It's about time this franchise has targeted the defensive side of achieving a heavy-tilted balance of power than just it's offense. I can live with that strategy immensely.

52 minutes ago, austriancolt said:

Generally, if you fire a DC, the new DC will bring in HIS defensive assistants, for it is HIS defense.  Similarly if you fire and hire a new OC, the new OC ought to have responsibility to be able to surround himself with HIS assistants.

That being said, Coordinators should be and would be free to retain position coaches and assistants that they have faith in and respect, as long as those underlings are on the same page.

Ergo, I don't think it a joke at all that the existing regime is making changes in the name of trying to put in place a complete coaching staff that will be improved, as compared to simply doing the same old same old with the same, moving forward.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

So basically the only coach who didn't get fired is Chuck and CC. What a time to be alive.

Well....   since you pretty much don't like most everything associated with the current staff,  I would think you'd be among the happiest fans here!

Lots of cleaning house!     Lots of new faces!     Hopefully,  lots of fresh ideas!

Shouldn't you be celebrating??

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   since you pretty much don't like most everything associated with the current staff,  I would think you'd be among the happiest fans here!

Lots of cleaning house!     Lots of new faces!     Hopefully,  lots of fresh ideas!

I am celebrating my Friend! :thmup:

2 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

They also said, " Leave the gun, take the cannoli".....hmmm? Love the reference!

Honestly,  I wasn't trying to be too clever here.     Really!

I was trying to say this is often a brutal, what have you done for me lately,  type of business.

A coaches life is incredibly hard and thankless.     And it's even harder on the families of coaches.

I feel bad for all the assistants that have lost their job.     The families have to move -- again.    New home,  new school district for the kids,   new friends to make.     And on and on and on.     It's brutally hard for everyone.

I wish them the best.     I hope they all do well.  

But,  this is the business they've chosen....   it's not personal,  it's business.    

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Kind of looks like things got a little "blown up" there on the old coaching staff didn't it....hmmmm.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's still riding the emotional high that came with the announcement that Grigs will be extended. :coltshorse:

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thing is we could have had all the changes we are getting now pulse Grigs and Pagano gone that's why no celebrating 

10 hours ago, grmasterb said:

Clyde Christensen survived the purge after 2-14. He's a survivor. 

I am surprised no one has called for him to coach somewhere else

8 hours ago, GoColts00 said:

I vote Jim Leavitt for new LB coach!!!!!!!

idk, im confused why he got fired. LB wasnt a problem this season. The defensive line was. Cant say Cornerback because we just needed new cornerbacks.

9 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

idk, im confused why he got fired. LB wasnt a problem this season. The defensive line was. Cant say Cornerback because we just needed new cornerbacks.

I almost wish he'd move on too...

Seems a bit long in the tooth...

7 hours ago, bap1331 said:

Idk why Fitzgerald was fired, but he was. Jim Leavitt was the LB coach of the 49ers when Harbaugh was there. NaVarro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks and Aldon Smith were coached up by this guy. Patrick Willis was already great, so I tend to leave him out, but the point is, the 49ers LBs were the best in the league as a direct result of Leavitt's coaching.

18 hours ago, austriancolt said:

18 hours ago, austriancolt said:

So you would have kept Pep and Manusky and fired.... LMAO.

It would be one thing if there were a new GM and new head coach but this looks like they are blaming everyone but themselves. My count adding to this latest is Manusky: Def Cor., Williams: Running Backs, Anderson:Safetys, Gilhammer: Secondary, Roberts:Tight Ends, Marandine: Strength & Conditioning .......next?

On 1/8/2016 at 4:04 PM, MTC said:

Ted Monachino probably wants to bring his own people in. Expecting a lot of Ravens assistant coaches to join our staff.

And im absolutely OK with this. Given the Fact that they couldn't Put Werner in a position to Win and Teach him and Newsome some Counter moves they deserved to be gone.